Mens Tennis Forums banner

David limping through Cincy.

18K views 253 replies 25 participants last post by  Edda 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
Re: David go tell Isa what kinda underwear you wear and win the tourny in Cincinnati!

Linda sweetie :hug: Only you could think up a thread title like this one :p Anyway - I agree with Sue - it is a yucky draw - and sad that I'm sure we Brits will have NO chance of TV coverage :sad: But good luck to our boy anyway. Play well and win for our Isa who will be there to support you all the way :)

#4 ·
Re: David go tell Isa what kinda underwear you wear and win the tourny in Cincinnati!

What a title Linda!! :devil:

Rosie Cinci is on interactive coverage next week so we should see him play just hope he plays after 6pm our time because my boy tends to forget to record things.

#7 ·

Rosie said:
Linda sweetie :hug: Only you could think up a thread title like this one :p Anyway - I agree with Sue - it is a yucky draw - and sad that I'm sure we Brits will have NO chance of TV coverage :sad: But good luck to our boy anyway. Play well and win for our Isa who will be there to support you all the way :)
Isa will be supporting Carlos and wearing her Nike Moya t-shirt.

#8 ·

Hum... :awww:

Anyway, Good luck to David in this difficult 1rst round match (last week Gaston against Moya and this week David... :s )
I have some chances to see the match, depending on which courts it will be and if no stupid french players wil play at the same time! :mad:

#9 ·

alisia said:
What a title Linda!! :devil:

Rosie Cinci is on interactive coverage next week so we should see him play just hope he plays after 6pm our time because my boy tends to forget to record things.
Ali - are you sure it's interractive? I thought I read somewhere that they were doing some upgrading work on their interractive coverage and it wouldn't be in place until the US Open. I sure hope you're right and I'm wrong though! And I agree - 6.00pm is the BEST time for us - time to get home from work and prepare!

Eléa :wavey: Nice to see you again - hope you're doing fine.

#10 ·

Rosie said:
Ali - are you sure it's interractive? I thought I read somewhere that they were doing some upgrading work on their interractive coverage and it wouldn't be in place until the US Open. I sure hope you're right and I'm wrong though! And I agree - 6.00pm is the BEST time for us - time to get home from work and prepare!

Eléa :wavey: Nice to see you again - hope you're doing fine.
As I understood it that was why there was no interactive coverage last week but I may be wrong.

Hi Elea :wavey:

#11 ·

alisia said:
As I understood it that was why there was no interactive coverage last week but I may be wrong.

Hi Elea :wavey:
Guess we'll find out soon enough :)

#12 ·

FerBredo are having another attempt at playing doubles, they've got Arthurs/Hrbaty in the 1st round & if they by some miracle they win the twins are waiting for them in round 2!! :eek:

#13 ·

alisia said:
FerBredo are having another attempt at playing doubles, they've got Arthurs/Hrbaty in the 1st round & if they by some miracle they win the twins are waiting for them in round 2!! :eek:
FerBredo are gorgeous :inlove: Who cares if they can't play tennis :haha: As I recall they were against Arthurs in that Wimby doubles match I watched.......his serve was so fast on the grass they just laughed!!!!

#14 ·

Rosie said:
FerBredo are gorgeous :inlove: Who cares if they can't play tennis :haha: As I recall they were against Arthurs in that Wimby doubles match I watched.......his serve was so fast on the grass they just laughed!!!!
I agree FerBredo are gorgeous :inlove: even thou there are some on this board who are yet to see the light :D And they look like they have fun when playing

#15 ·

alisia said:
I agree FerBredo are gorgeous :inlove: even thou there are some on this board who are yet to see the light :D And they look like they have fun when playing
How can you not see the light as far as cute Tommy is concerned? He has such a lovely smile :) And he is SUCH a nice guy. And - yes - they do seem to have fun together - though some seemed not to like their "bad ass" behaviour :devil: I think it's just two young guys who happen to be good mates havng fun - and good luck to them!

#17 ·

alisia said:
I wonder if they will play doubles together in the Davis Cup v Italy?
I imagine that's one of the reasons they're doing it now - just to get a bit of experience of playing together - though I'm assuming both David and Tommy would be the 1st choice singles' players :shrug: so they wouldn't be the expected doubles' pairing.

#18 ·

Rosie said:
I imagine that's one of the reasons they're doing it now - just to get a bit of experience of playing together - though I'm assuming both David and Tommy would be the 1st choice singles' players :shrug: so they wouldn't be the expected doubles' pairing.
I suppose it depends on if Sanchez picks Ferrero as the other singles player with Rafa thou I can't see how he can pick him

#19 · (Edited)

alisia said:
I suppose it depends on if Sanchez picks Ferrero as the other singles player with Rafa thou I can't see how he can pick him
No way can they pick Ferrero after the way he has been playing recently - especially after that DC fiasco with him a few years ago. Must admit I had kind of forgotten Rafa :eek:

#20 · (Edited)

David plays last on centre court tomorrow night

Centre Court
Matches Start At: 11:00 AM
Thomas JOHANSSON (SWE) vs Marcos BAGHDATIS (CYP)
NOT BEFORE 1:00 PM
David NALBANDIAN (ARG) vs Rik DE VOEST (RSA)
NOT BEFORE 3:00 PM
Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA) vs Robby GINEPRI (USA)
NOT BEFORE 7:00 PM
James BLAKE (USA) vs Fabrice SANTORO (FRA)
followed by
David FERRER (ESP) vs Carlos MOYA (ESP)

#23 ·
Re: David in Carmen Electras hometown Cincinnati....ehhh win this thing!

:bigclap: Well done David - as I said in the other thread - just wish it didn't have to be Carlos he beat. Great win anyway - OK - now off to work :bolt:

#25 ·

~*Carlita*~ said:
*but me is sad too :awww:*
:hug:

I'm very happy! congrats David :yeah: :worship:

#26 ·

alisia said:
good win for David but what was wrong with Carlos.
Here's my match report Ferrer vs Moya:

Moya saves a BP in the 2nd game. In 3rd game 15-15 there is a 50 minute rain delay. When it is continued 2 BPs were saved by Ferrer. 4th game BP for Ferrer saved by 130 MPH serve from Moya but on the 2nd BP Ferrer converts. They both then hold their serves and Ferrer wins the 1st set 6-3. Ferrer has a BP in 1st game of the 2nd set that was saved by a 133 MPH serve. In the 3rd game Moya double faults 3 times in a row after leading 15-0 and then Ferrer breaks after another UE from Moya. In the 5th game Ferrer converts his 2nd BP chance. MPs for Ferrer in the 7th game on Moya's serve. 1st was saved by an ace, 2nd by a volley winner, and 3rd saved by another volley winner. On the 4th MP Moya commits a volley error. GSM Ferrer 6-3, 6-1 Match time: 1hr11mins

Why Moya lost: He hit 80% of his shots to Ferrer's forehand (which was on fire), his own forehand was very shaky (lots of FHs straight into the net), and he just didn't appear to care much, he showed a little self-disgust but he was never pumped up about the match. Mostly everyone left during the rain delay (and also, when play resumed there were Ferrero-Bjorkman, Spadea-Seppi, and Sanguinetti-Vik on the outside courts). But the crowd was pro Moya, I heard once or twice someone shout out David's name, the English pronounciation that even the announcers used. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.