Mens Tennis Forums banner

2007 cheering thread

15K views 248 replies 14 participants last post by  Nymeria 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Kristof fans :wavey: the Fly had a tough start of the year, so time that we cheer a bit louder for him! So that's why Mae and I thought it would be nice to get him a cheering thread.

Please come in here and cheer him to some great victories :yeah:

And feel free to give your ideas about a nice threadtitle, would be nice to cheer it a bit regularly, depending on where he plays and how his results are.

Go Kristof :bounce:

For those who missed it, Kristof mentioned in his ATPblog during Auckland tournament that he has a nickname, Fly, this is because Vliegen is a Dutch word meaning "to fly"

#135 ·
Re: Allez Kristof!!!!! ~ trying to refind his great game at the clay season!

Yeah I hope so too... don't think I will find any info, otherwise it should've been there already. It just says everywhere his season ain't good so far and that he retired in first round qualies... so it's waiting, maybe I can get some info in Düsseldorf next week. :)

#138 ·

At the WTC Belgium is in the same group with Czech Republic, Germany and Spain. They will play their first round vs. Germany at Sunday, means I will be able to see a part of the match. Hopefully the ankle won't hurt Kris anymore :)

#139 ·

I saw Kris in Düsseldorf yesterday, he didn't play too well and he didn't seem happy, so I was a bit "scared" to ask him something. I got a pic of him tho, which is rather cute (but sad)... I go again tomorrow, will see if I can get to talk to him then :)

#141 ·

Yep lost to Hajek yesterday in two sets :sad:

Following a part of Belgian teletext (één or ketnet/canvas). It says that Kristof isn't really happy, he is losing courage. That he lost ranking. It's all in his head, behind the strong guy is a big doubter.
He says it all goes well at the training, but in the matches it goes wrong. He can't relax, makes wrong choices and is afraid to fail. :sad:

Een halve week voor Roland Garros loopt
Kristof Vliegen er niet bepaald vrolijk
bij. "De moed zakt mij in de schoenen",
zegt de Belgische tennisser in LDH.

Na zijn topprestaties in 2006 speelde
Vliegen 40 plaatsen kwijt op de wereld-
ranking. Hij is nu nummer 73. "Het zit
allemaal in het kopje. Onder die sterke
jongen zit een grote twijfelaar."

"Op training loopt het allemaal goed,
maar tijdens de matchen komt het er
niet uit. Ik kan me niet ontspannen, ik
maak foute keuzes en ik ben bang om te
falen. Ook Federer had even een dipje,
maar hij is toch van een ander niveau."

#142 ·

Yep lost to Hajek yesterday in two sets :sad:

Following a part of Belgian teletext (één or ketnet/canvas). It says that Kristof isn't really happy, he is losing courage. That he lost ranking. It's all in his head, behind the strong guy is a big doubter.
He says it all goes well at the training, but in the matches it goes wrong. He can't relax, makes wrong choices and is afraid to fail. :sad:
That reminds me of the American tennis player Robby Ginepri. He has the same problems :rolleyes: :sad:

#144 ·

really bad to get losses, one after another, which is not good to help a young player' confidence :hug: but dont lose yourself Kristof :) everyone meets tough tests in life, just gather yourself and be patient to overcome them :rocker:

anyway, get enough ready for RG 1st round, after all, Danai doesnt fit clay like you :aplot: :p

#146 ·

His draw for RG, I know that with the way he plays lately any draw is hard, but I don't complain about his first round:

Richard Gasquet FRA (11) - Nicolas Mahut FRA
Kristof Vliegen BEL - Danai Udomchoke THA
Martin Verkerk NED - Simone Bolelli ITA
Victor Hanescu ROU - Guillermo Canas ARG (19)

Let RG be the start of happier times! Allez Kristof :bounce:

#148 ·

He won :woohoo: Sorry I was so excited to see that Kristof had won I forgot the score :sad: Now if he can just keep it going :unsure: I don't remember the draw so I don't know who he plays next :unsure: With Kristof's luck probably Nadal :sad:

#149 ·

I was really happy to see a possitive result finally! couldn't post earlier as I had no laptop, now I will be active in posting again as I no longer need to borrow my mum's laptop but have my own back.

Gooo Kristof :bounce: and indeed no much luck for him, no Nadal,but heplays Gasquet.

#161 · (Edited)

Sadly he lost today, 2-6, 2-6, 6-2, 3-6 (if I remember the score right). But I still think this was a great RG for him, nice that he could win some good matches. Let's hope he can continue this in the grass season :) (where I can see him 2 of the 3 tournies :cool: )

#162 ·

Sadly he lost today, 2-6, 2-6, 6-2, 6-3 (if I remember the score right). But I still think this was a great RG for him, nice that he could win some good matches. Let's hope he can continue this in the grass season :) (where I can see him 2 of the 3 tournies :cool: )
Lucky you :cool: :) I figured Canas would win. And may be
Kristof should have kept his thoughts on Canas to himself. If Canas learned of his comments, it just probably fired him up more. I can't help it I like Willy. He is a fun player to watch on court ;)

#163 ·

Actually I agree with Kris on this topic, but I don't dislike Cañas... but I think you are right that Kris shouldn't have said so. I would like to read the whole interview, but I don't know where I can find it

#164 ·

Actually I agree with Kris on this topic, but I don't dislike Cañas... but I think you are right that Kris shouldn't have said so. I would like to read the whole interview, but I don't know where I can find it
I would love to see the whole interview myself. If you ever find it, please post it. I believe in sports a player should never say anything that might fire up his opposition.

#166 ·

Kris is still doing great in doubles with Oli, after their first round win over Suk/Vik they won their second round today over Allegro/Thomas today with the score of 6-4, 6-4. tomorrow (2nd match court2) they will play Santoro/Zimonjic, which is a good team. Goooo Kris and Oli :yeah:

#167 ·

Kris is still doing great in doubles with Oli, after their first round win over Suk/Vik they won their second round today over Allegro/Thomas today with the score of 6-4, 6-4. tomorrow (2nd match court2) they will play Santoro/Zimonjic, which is a good team. Goooo Kris and Oli :yeah:
Yes I just noticed Kris was still in the Doubles :) I always forget about the Doubles :banghead: But Santoro/Zimonjic are a good team and have been playing together for some time now. Kris and Oli have played together some, but nothing like Santoro/Zimonjic
:sad:

#171 ·

Btw. I am thinking of a new threadtitle... need one anyway as the grass season will start soon. Any idea?!
Is it you Chiudi-fan that likes cows? If so, it would be funny to work that into a grass court thread title :lol: Yes I saw where the Doubles were lost :sad: But I have to say I expected it. But still you are right I think Kristof did have a good RG :) Especially when you consider how he was playing before RG :ras:

#170 ·

They lost with a score of 7-5, 3-6, 2-6 :sad:

But I think this was a nice RG for Kris with some nice wins in both singles and doubles. Lots of luck in the grass season now :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.