Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaChat Part 14

32K views 5K replies 62 participants last post by  Peta Pan 
#1 · (Edited)
Ditto - I find myself liking him but if I paid any attention to what he believes, or what he SAYS he believes anyway, I'd end up going nuts. So I think of him as pretty and ornamental and pay no attention to the drivel :)
While I can understand why he may amuse people - I have a hard time though with myopic ranting (when there seeme to be a brain there) so he tends to bug me more than not. And again- I am not keen on misogyny- no matter how cute the sexist.

He's clearly an intelligent guy--to say nothing of his behavior. However, I've seen a picture or two of him somewhere or other, but I had no idea he was attractive until you folks said so.
It is funny how there can be different ideas of what is attractive- but I do think Gu fits the bill for a number of folks.

So yeah I think he is intelligent but he is happy to come across as someone who has no respect at all for a different view to his own, which is a shame.
That is what bugs the sh** out of me. I don't like it when people want to argue for the sake of arguing and calling anyone who does not agree with them an idiot. I see too much of that type of - or rather lack of - discourse in the political realm.

I guess one shouldn't expect discourse that much in today's messageboard society- but I enjoy it when I find it and I feel the art of discussion is becoming lost.

I kinda feel bad talking about the fellow so much....but oh well- just doing what the thread title demands.

#336 ·
Re: 'Yes, we're probably talking about you' chat thread

He does look awfully hot in that avatar :hearts: :drool:
He is just one of those guys who knows how to take great pictures. :hearts:

:hug: it's ok, kitty. i was just being dramatic :lol:
I know. I was doing it first. :lol:

I was hoping for a report on your softball game. Did you win? :D

completely unfair :ras:
It's out of our hands. As chicks? Nearly impossible to get that look, without help. I wanted it, so I bought mine. I worked out like a lunatic, ate nothing, and still had a blub bubble there. It royally stinks. :(

on a somewhat related note, kitty how long have you been on the raw diet? i've been vegetarian my whole life and i'm contemplating going vegan but i :inlove: cheese. it would be a struggle.
Since Feb 2007 I have been 100% raw.

Cheese is a problem, I totally know it. I can eat it being raw- unpasteurized cheese is fine. I am allergic, so I don't eat it.

I was vegan for awhile- I felt pretty good with it. :)

#339 ·

I was looking at those paparazzi photos of Rafa in Mallorca. What is it with men wearing those long shorts on the beach these days? Where are all the speedos? :sad: Women's swimsuits keep getting smaller and men will soon be dressed like this: :(

#342 ·

I was looking at those paparazzi photos of Rafa in Mallorca. What is it with men wearing those long shorts on the beach these days? Where are all the speedos? :sad: Women's swimsuits keep getting smaller and men will soon be dressed like this: :(

:lol: I like the site www.shorpy.com where they feature old photographs. They have had some picture of swimmers from a little later, the 1920s, when women's swimsuits were more like singlets with short skirts (and barelegs) and the tops on the men's singlets were much more abbreviated than they were in the aughts and teens. Anyhoo- I guess the singlets were made out of a thin wool and there were several shots where the guys are wet and not much is left the the imagination. Wet thin wool clings- let's put it that way.

#345 ·

Yes I will be at the tennis from Monday-Thursday.

I want to go Vegan but it's not easy, I have not eaten a mammal in 2 or 3 years. (I might have eaten it once a year ago :()

Oh I don't think I will be getting a pic with Rafa or Roger BTW ;)

#346 ·

I want to go Vegan but it's not easy, I have not eaten a mammal in 2 or 3 years. (I might have eaten it once a year ago :()
What you have done already is really impressive. :hug:

I fought vegan too, a LOT in the beginning. It will come to you in time, if you want.

I still have trouble with cheese. :awww:

#351 ·

Ramos looks like a Solid Gold Dancers doing "Eye of the Tiger" or something in those trunks.

I still eat Chicken though I am trying to get rid of it though, I don't want to eat any amimal products.
I haven't eaten red meat, pork or game since I was 17 but would like to eventually give up fish and chicken. I may wait until I get pregnant and have the kiddo though.

I do try to eat humanely whenever possible- and sometimes guidelines from the Humane Farming Association have helped me. And if there is no free range, etc. I try to at lest buy kosher chicken. I do tend to eat more vegetarian stuff at restaurants as I don't know how they acquire their proteins.

I will never give up cheese most likely because osterporosis (sp?) runs big time in my family so a calcium supplement just won't cut it. But there are a number of places here where luckily you can get some very high quality cheeses. I also love eggs- but buy free range only.

Good luck for everyone with their diet changes.

not too many good restaurants and definitely none with tempting vegetarian dishes. in a way i guess that's good but really, it's not
Do you have a Whole Foods, Central Market, Sun Harvest, etc. type of store? They may have some good stuff. (It is too bad that those stores are expensive though and that healthy food as a rule is pricier. I do get annoyed at how expensive it can be to eat healthy, and it really irks me because it can be difficult for lower-income families to have a good diet- but that is another issue.)

#352 ·

Ramos looks like a Solid Gold Dancers doing "Eye of the Tiger" or something in those trunks.
I will quote the other posts in a second...

Seriously, this one? :haha: :haha:

I need a hankie, I'm crying for the second time this week. First for Nadal, and now, because of the SOLID GOLD reference. :rolls:

#353 ·

i bet the a.m. patrol of this thread is gonna love all these uploads of men in swimsuits :rolls: but we patiently read all their tennis discussions so this is fair :angel:

#361 ·

Clara, you should avoid a lot of things, as for GM, you should be used to it by now.

#370 ·

Morning all :wavey:

I'm such in a good mood today :dance: :eek: :p

Was by my brother's yesterday and his last baby girl is soooo adorable, she's metis with green eyes :inlove: can already tell she's gonna be a hell of a chick in 15 years :eek: :D Brazil powaaaa :inlove: :angel: :D

This post has been deleted
#371 ·

Great news JM.

#378 ·

JM, just talk to her in a language, she doesn't understand, works well for me.

#379 ·

JM, just talk to her in a language, she doesn't understand, works well for me.
Hahahah yes, true, that works well most of time I guess :angel: she actually speaks more languages than me, she's fluent in Portuguese (Brazilian), Spanish, Italian and English... She still struggles in French but should improve quickly... I'll try to talk to her in Swiss-German next time, that way I'm sure she won't get anything :angel:

#380 ·

JM, I have come to a conclusion. With the amount of panic that most Rafa fans have before their matches, they make the former lead singer of Joy Division Ian Curtis and Leonard Cohen as happy as an alcoholic with free keys to a brewery or a distillery.

#383 ·

they make the former lead singer of Joy Division Ian Curtis and Leonard Cohen as happy as an alcoholic with free keys to a brewery or a distillery.
:spit: :haha: :haha:

Speaking of Leonard Cohen, the guy was the other day at the Montreux Jazz Festival, I heard the cheapest tickets were around 200 euros :eek: :eek: the musical industry is truly going crazy :eek: :sad:

#384 ·

George (and others) are you interested in reading Ivan Lendl's reaction to the final? I do seem to remember that you've always liked Lendl quite a bit.

It's in German. Can you read German because I have a translation if you want to (and if you're interested)?
I'm not really keen on starting a new thread in GM, though. There are already so many threads about it in there.

PS I hate Leonord Cohen and his depressing sounding songs with a passion. Susanne...AAARGH

#387 ·

George (and others) are you interested in reading Ivan Lendl's reaction to the final? I do seem to remember that you've always liked Lendl quite a bit.

It's in German. Can you read German because I have a translation if you want to (and if you're interested)?
I'm not really keen on starting a new thread in GM, though. There are already so many threads about it in there.

PS I hate Leonord Cohen and his depressing sounding songs with a passion. Susanne...AAARGH
I guess it's another Rafa's ass kissing article, but go ahead, German is fine :)

#386 ·

:haha: mimi

:wavey:all

#389 ·
#391 · (Edited)

It isn't, JM. I don't post the ass-kissing articles in here since I'm that considerate towards you. :angel: :lol: ;)

Anyway, here's the link to the original article:
http://www.weltwoche.ch/artikel/?AssetID=20309&CategoryID=66#ThemaArtikel

Here's a translation for others anyway (I felt like translating it)
14 Questions to Ivan Lendl

By Bruno Ziauddin – Weltwoche.ch

94 titles, 270 weeks as number one: Ivan Lendl was one of the greatest tennis players in the world. Despite Federer’s epic defeat in Wimbledon, it’s too soon to write the Swiss off.

Q: The word, uttered by many people to describe the Wimbledon final is: madness.
Ivan Lendl: To tell you the truth: it was one of the few times I was really looking forward to following a match on tv. Sadly, I couldn’t watch the end of it.

Q: How so?
IL: Because I agreed to go to my daughter's golf training. So, some time after the first rain break, I had to leave the house.

Q: Have you seen enough to call it the “greatest match of all time”?
IL: I followed the rest of the match on my Blackberry via the live-ticker and the next morning, I read everything about it what was written about the match, especially the Czech online media. So, after all that, I believe that I can answer that question with a yes.

Q: Some of the rallies looked like a video game.
IL: You’re probably thinking about the situation in the third set, when Nadal was running back and hitting the shot with his back turned to the game. But I don’t like that sort of comparison. Roger and Rafael are simply two fantastic athletes.

Q: Did Federer lose the match or did Nadal win it?
IL: When two players play a lousy match, there can only be a loser at the end of it. The level shown by these two was so high that you simply can’t talk about a loser. Nadal won that match.

Q: But in the second set, Federer didn’t use a lot of opportunities.
IL: Or the opponent didn’t allow him to use them. Nadal has improved a lot in the last two years: the backhand, the serve, how he conducts himself when he’s in the defensive.

Q: Still, there seems to have been a psychological moment. Nadal has entered Federer’s mind, as tennis players like to say.
IL: In Hamburg, he was leading 5-1, In Monte Carlo 4-0 and now in Wimbledon 4-1 and he could have won those sets. From the outside, it’s difficult to judge what that does to a player. But, it is possible that it has had a negative impact on Roger’s behavior and a positive one on Nadal.

Q: Possible or without a doubt?
IL: No, not without a doubt. It depends on the character. I don’t know Roger that well. You could tell yourself: “Damn, I didn’t take my chances” or “Great, I’m playing so well that I have chances. Sooner or later, I’m going to use one of them.”

Q: Your worst defeat was the one in the 1987 Wimbledon final against Pat Cash. You were the number one and the favorite who lost his last opportunity to win this tournament. Who do you feel at a moment like that?
IL: Bad.

Q: Could you be a bit more specific?
IL: Very bad.

Q: And Federer, will he recover from his Wimbledon Waterloo?
IL: Every professional player must always be prepared for both: triumph and defeat. You have to be prepared to use the energy of a victory to get even stronger and more confident. And you have to be prepared to learn the right lessons from a defeat for future victories.

Q: What would those lessons be for Federer?
IL: It’s my policy to not take a position in public when talking about specific technical aspects in the game of a player.

Q: The Swiss former top player Marc Rosset…
IL: …I remember him. He beat me three times.

Q: Marc Rosset advises Federer to work on his serve so that he can gain direct points more often. Furthermore, he quickly has to try to hit the ball with more power and to play more aggressively.
IL: If I were his coach, there would definitely be three to four things I would look into with Roger. But he has enough competent people around him to support him. And above all, he’s a champion. Those who write him off are making a mistake. A big mistake.
I love this answer:
Q: Could you be a bit more specific?
IL: Very bad.

#393 ·

boss are all sh**:(

#394 ·

:woohoo::yippee: even the great Lendi said its a great match :woohoo::music:

#395 ·

who can say the oppost:angel:

#397 ·

:secret::secret:pMK is innocent does not think so
who can say the oppost:angel:

#396 ·

Thanks for that Hilde and yes it was a bit of an arse kissing article, but not as obvious as some.

#399 ·

but GWH is not human :p:eek:

#401 ·
#400 ·

omg just read GM :haha: PD is in perfec moment
"forma smagliante" dante,stai leggendo?

#404 ·

Prima Donna:bowdown:, i guess its my bad english, whenever i read his long post, my head :scratch::explode:

#408 ·

Prima Donna:bowdown:, i guess its my bad english, whenever i read his long post, my head :scratch::explode:
luckly he uses italian with me:eek:

Marti :D yessssss week end and tomorrow i'll go to a wedding:zzz: i hate those staff:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.