Mens Tennis Forums banner

Dumbest thread I have ever made. Completely wrong/too quick (EDIT)

24K views 208 replies 91 participants last post by  daddy 
#1 · (Edited)
Watching the kid right now and I have got to say I am EXTREMELY impressed. He has exceptional movement, his preparation before every shot is simply sick. Movement is key in today's game and this kid just like Djoker seems like he has so much time to hit the ball.

Although there are no stand out weapons right now, he has a good penetrating backhand and decent first serve. With that movement and solid rally ball off both wings, the fundamentals are there!

I have watched every bit of Djokovic, Murray and Nadal's development over the years from since they were juniors and this kid it really does feel to me has "modelled" his game on Djokovics.

He's got a lot of inner character Coric imo, which will be critical to his eventual success.

(EDIT: Completely stupid & hasty of me)

No chance. No weapons. Technically appalling forehand. Great mover with one shot, the backhand down-the-line. No chance. Awful thread by me. Won't win a single major.

#2 ·
Re: I've changed my mind - Coric is top 10 sealed

Oh great another Djokovic type player. Just what the game needs.

#3 ·

Oh go away, you kill joy.

#8 ·

I already said before he's the next Nole :D I guess i know who my favourite player will be when Nole retires :devil:
Nole is already retired in my mind fishing with the fat turd when he should be winning AO or US.

#198 ·
#11 ·

He's certainly promising I think. Solid off both wings, good serve. Only 17, he just needs to work on his fitness and get some more power to his strokes.

#13 ·

Really? I wasn't impressed what i saw today (and Berrer is mediocre player); sure, he still has time but at this point, i don't see it

#14 · (Edited)

Yeah, he reminded me of Djokovic's when I watched him first time.

I wouldn't say he doesn't have weapons: His BDTL is sick. Really S-I-C-K. So backhand side is good.
Actually there were 2 Coric's: passive and bad one from first and last set and agressive, great one from second set. He had only 3 UE's in the second!!! (he had 43 in other two).

He served 199 km/h one ball. Average was 190 or so. That's pretty impressive for fresh 17 I think.

#17 ·

The jury is still out on him. I like some aspects of his game such as his backhand and movement but his forehand was nothing special and his fitness is a bit suspect. If he's going to succeed, he will need to add a lot more power to his game as he grows.

#18 ·

Zagreb is actually the only tournament in ATP calendar where Berrer showed up :lol: That was funny to see 33 y o Power player pushing 80% of rallies.
Coric is a great prospect. MiniNo1e :D He even missed an easy smash in decisive moment. His backhand is world class shot already.

#19 ·

I likey that cross court backhand.

Kids developing well and is driven. That be a good mix.

#22 ·

Not the first time I watch him play, so I'm not surprised. But he's progressing pretty quickly, it's evident. His movement is indeed pretty fantastic already. He just lacks a bit of power.
But it will all come together with experience, training and gym.

"Borna Champion", maybe. We'll see! :)

#180 ·

Not the first time I watch him play, so I'm not surprised. But he's progressing pretty quickly, it's evident. His movement is indeed pretty fantastic already. He just lacks a bit of power.
But it will all come together with experience, training and gym.

"Borna Champion", maybe. We'll see! :)
Was I drugged or something?

How could I... ? No words. :facepalm:

#25 ·

Borna has all the tools to succeed in the modern game.

He won't be tour level for at least another year though, he needs to win some Challengers this year.

#28 ·

Couldn't watch him, but losing for the Michael Berrers of the world is not a good thing.

But he's from 1996, probably just beginning his learning curve.
No, Berrer was very good. Trust me.

#38 ·

could be worse we could have nadal and murray clones
ill take djokovic like players over those 2 :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.