Mens Tennis Forums banner

DC 2007 - Supporting the Chilean garra!! VAMOOOS CHILENOOOS!!!!

26K views 2K replies 32 participants last post by  ChinoRios4Ever 
#1 ·
VAMOOOOS CHILENOOOOOOS!!!! VAMOOOS QUE SE PUEDE!!!!

We didn't have a good draw but we'll be playing in Chile and we know that that will help to our chicos a lot!!!! :bounce:

Chile vs Russia ... Feb 9, 10, 11 2007

It's never too soon to start suporting them and GonzoFan is already supporting them in Fernando's thread so we need to do it here!!!

VAMOOOS ALE & PANCHITO!!!! :rocker2:

#3 ·
Yeah, we are playing in Chile so we need to take advantage of that!

It seems we'll be talking in both boards just like for DC against USA, remember? :lol:
For that tie we decided that we would call Fernando and Nico, Panchito y Ale. :haha:

We had so much fun talking that day. :lol:

VAMOS CHILENOS!!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 ·
FANTASTIC!!!!!

THE 2006 DC CHAMPS IN CHILE!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS

IF WE WIN, WE HAVE A GREAT CHANCE TO GO DEEP

VAMOS CHILEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#6 ·
no no no in Santiago no NicoFan :lol: we've to play in some place at the sea level, so the choices are Rancagua and Viña

yes we did have a lot of fun that time, my signature is still supporting those names of the boys :rolls:

btw GonzoFan and I have decided to stablish the same rule that we have on the chat thread for both DC threads, in both forums, so in conclusion at the end of every post you should write VAMOOS CHILENOS! and if you forget it then 50 times :devil:

and remember that here we have the french police and nobody scapes from that :lol:

VAMOOOS CHILENOOOS!!!

#9 ·
:haha: and the french police just forget it that we stablished the rule here as well so with pleassure I've to say that ... YOU OWN ME YOUR 50 TIMES ALX!!!! :rolls:

And Panchito is because Fernando's second name is Francisco and here in latin america we call to Francisco's Pancho but in this case it's Panchito for Fernando :haha:

VAMOOOS CHILENOOOS!!!

#8 ·
Not an ideal draw but its great they get to play in Chile. That could make all the difference....

VAMOS ALE Y PANCHITO!!!!

VAMOS CHILENOS!!!

#11 ·
At the moment the choices are Viña and Antofagasta.

If we play in Santiago that would be so great!! but I really doubt they'll decide to play in Stgo. :awww:

VAAAMOOOSSS CHILENOS!!!!!!

#12 ·
Santiago NO gonzofan
we have altitude (for tennis), we need a so slow claycourt, Viña could be great, but Antofagasta???? when? why?? where??? they have a tennis stadium??

VAMOS CHILENOS X LA ENSALADERA 2007!!!!

#13 ·
yes I'm sorry for that GonzoFan but No1Rios is right, we need a sloooow clay court :lol: ... and I don't want Antofagasta either :p

ok ok Alx, you're excused but just this time :angel:

VAMOOOS CHILENOOOS!!!!

#16 ·
I want SANTIAGO!!! :( If not though I guess Vina.
I want Santiago too! :lol:

I said it would be great in Stgo. for me because it would be easier to go but I know that against the Russians we need to play at sea level so Santiago is definitely not a good choice.

#17 ·
well you can want Santiago but you're not playing in the team so it doesn't matter, they've to choose a slow clay court and that means near to the sea ... so I don't think that the chicos would like to play in Santiago just for you NicoFan :lol:

VAMOOOS CHILENOOOS!!!

#19 ·
:haha: sorrrry GonzoFan!!! I told you that you can't play with the french police here :p

and the funny thing is that you were the one that spoke our minds to suggest the rule in these threads :lol:

VAMOOOS CHILENOOOS!!!

#22 ·
From latercera.cl:

As very complicated was qualified by Nicolas Massú the match that will maintain before Russia, valid by the first round of the next edition of Davis Cup.

The viñamarino assured that the Russian players possess a very even level and they are very complete, situation that will complicate them to obtain a triumph.

"Russia is a rival super difficult one because is a very complete team, test of it is that they are in the end of the Cup. But it also they think that we are a rival complicated one and they know that we are strong of localities", indicated to Cooperative Radio.

Of the same form, Massú assured that the best than would be able to pass is that Russia arrive like the champion of the tournament, what would motivate still more to the national.

"Is a very difficult series, but I hope that they arrive like the winners of the Cup. That is going to motivate us a lot more, what is important is that we give the best of us", stated.

Finally, it referred to the possibilities of headquarters that there is to develop the key, assuring that prefers to play in a court that shelter near 15 spectators.

"All should remain defined from here to two weeks, but has to be a large stadium so that they sit down the pressure to play against 15 thousand, that sit down that they are going to play contrat all", sentenced.

VAMOS CHILENOS!

#29 ·
Hey GF!

I taped another Lleyton episode for you. :)

But you'll have to see the Feli No Strings too because I wanted to see it again and it was right before the Lleyton episode. :lol:
Thank you so much!! :D :hug:!!

Don't worry. ;) I have no problems in watching Feli No Strings. ;) :lol:

sorrrrry GonzoFan :hug: but I'm sure that you won't forget it again ;)

NicoFan, GonzoFan is goooing to be soooo happy :p
Yeah, I won't forget it again! :lol:

And you are sooo right! I'm soooooo happy!!! :D

Thanks Thanks NicoFan! :hug:

VAMOS CHILENOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#26 ·
sorrrrry GonzoFan :hug: but I'm sure that you won't forget it again ;)

NicoFan, GonzoFan is goooing to be soooo happy :p

VAMOOOS CHILENOOOS!!!

#28 ·
article in cooperativa of the boys talking about the draw ... and it has an audio of Nico!!! I almost cry to hear his voice after all this time LOL! .... I'm kind of confused since the article says that Nico is with Gaby in Argentina (I know that) but that he'd be flying on oct 4th to start playing in Stockholm on the 9th ?!?! I think that there's a mistake here right?? .... lol! :retard:

sorrrry for the non translation hahaha :p

Massú y González destacaron lo "motivante" que será desafiar a Rusia

Los dos mejores tenistas chilenos coincidieron en el complicado del rival en la primera fase del Grupo Mundial 2007, pero destacaron lo trascendental que será recibir a los posibles campeones del certamen.

Más allá de la dificultad del rival, Nicolás Massú (45º de la ATP) y Fernando González (12º) coincidieron en estacar lo "motivante" que será enfrentar a Rusia en nuestro país en la primera fase del Grupo Mundial de la Copa Davis 2007.

En diálogo con Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa, Massú comentó que "lo que más me importaba era jugar en Chile porque es más cómodo y porque nos permite tener el apoyo del público. Definir en qué pista y con qué pelota se juega, aunque Rusia es un equipo difícil, muy completo y con cinco jugadores dentro de los 40 ó 50 mejores del mundo".

El doble campeón olímpico destacó que los rusos "saben que somos un equipo difícil, que somos muy patriotas y que le ponemos mucho amor a la camiseta. Eso influye en una competencia por equipos".

Massú tiene un deseo íntimo: "Ojalá que ellos ganen la final ante Argentina y que lleguen como ganadores de la Copa Davis... eso nos motiva mucho más a nosotros".

Sobre el escenario del partido, Massú sostuvo que habló el capitán chileno, Hans Gildemeister, y que "de aquí a dos semanas deberíamos definir dónde jugar. Lo que a mi me importa es actuar en un estadio que realimente el tenis se merece, que sea un estadio grande y que sientan la presión 15.000 personas no de 5.000 como lo hicieron los Argentinos con Australia".

Massú está en Buenos Aires entrenando junto al técnico Gabriel Markus y este miércoles 4 de octubre se embarcará a Estocolmo, donde jugará desde el lunes 9. Luego actuará en el Masters Series de Madrid, el ATP de Lyon y el Masters Series de Paris-Bercy.

Por su parte, Fernando González expresó que no le complica tener que recibir al equipo de Nikolay Davydenko (5º), Dmitry Tursunov (22º), Mikhail Youhzny (24º) y Marat Safin (72º)

"Es un sorteo duro, pero bueno a la vez porque lo que más quería era jugar en Chile", sostuvo en conversación con Al Aire Libre en Cooperativa desde San Diego (Estados Unidos), donde entrena con su coach Larry Stefanki.

González expresó su deseo que se juegue en "arcilla y a nivel de mar, que es lo que más nos conviene, a pesar de lo que parejo que son ellos en todas las superficies".

Sostuvo que "sería bueno" hacer la serie en Viña del Mar, pero advirtió que no se cierra a otras opciones. "Hay varios meses para pensar dónde", dijo.

VAMOOS CHILENOOOS!!!

#32 ·
Tursunov: "Sería bueno jugar el ATP de Viña"
El número dos de Rusia conversó con La Tecera sobre la primera fase del Grupo Mundial del 2007, donde no descartó jugar el ATP de Viña del Mar, para preparar el match ante Chile.

Dmitry Tursunov fue el héroe en el reciente triunfo de Rusia sobre Estados Unidos. El número dos de los euroasiáticos venció a Andy Roddick y le dio el tercer punto a su país en la serie que los dejó en la final de Copa Davis, en la que enfrentarán a Argentina como local.

Por eso mismo es entendible que su preocupación hoy no se centre en lo que pueda pasar el próximo año en la competencia por la Ensaladera de Plata. Y por eso mismo se entiende que ni siquiera supiera de que Chile era el primer rival en el Grupo Mundial 2007. "La verdad es que no sabía nada del sorteo todavía", el carismático jugador, quien cuenta a diario sus anécdotas en el sitio web de la ATP.

-¿Y qué le parece enfrentar a Chile en 2007?
Será un enfrentamiento muy complicado. ¿Pero quién es local? La serie se juega en Chile...
Bueno, seguramente elegirán arcilla y una muy lenta. Aquí González y Massú juegan muy bien. Tienen ventaja en este sentido y la localía siempre otorga la posibilidad de tener mayores posibilidades. Pero Creo que Davydenko y Andreev pueden hacerlo muy bien en esta superficie.

-¿O sea ellos son para usted quienes deberían ser titulares?
Bueno, falta mucho todavía y tendremos que ver en qué momento llega cada uno a ese partido. Pero está claro que ellos dos son los que mejore se desempeñan en esta superficie. Igual si me piden que juegue, juego.

-¿Y Safin?
Bueno, si le piden, él también estaría disponible. Tiene buenos resultados en todas las superficies y es un gran jugador.
En ese sentido la ventaja de ustedes es grande, porque Chile depende de González y Massú...
Ese es otro factor. Si Chile no tiene a sus dos mejores jugadores se le hace muy difícil. Notrosos tenemos más donde elegir para plantear nuestra estrategia. Si González o Massú no están bien, nuestras opciones crecen. Por eso es difícil hablar ahora, porque de aquí a ese partido pueden pasar muchas cosas. Pero jugar de local entrega una gran ventaja.

-Pero ustedes podrían llegar como campeones de Copa Davis y por lo mismo como favoritos...
Eso en el papel, pero en esta competencia el país que pone las condiciones tiene ventaja. Por lo mismo somos favoritos para ganarle a Argentina en la final. Y en Chile será muy difícil para nosotros.

-El ATP de Viña del Mar se juega la semana previa al torneo. ¿Le parecería buena opción jugar este torneo para preparar la serie?
Me parecería bien hacerlo, pero no sé si todos estarán de acuerdo. Puede ser que Davydenko, Andreev, Safin y Youzhny ya tienen establecido jugar esa semana en Europa, por contrato. No sé, pero sería muy bueno llegar antes y preparar el partido con un torneo y entrenando en él. Es algo que hay que evaluar.

VAMOSSSS CHILE¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

#35 ·
-El ATP de Viña del Mar se juega la semana previa al torneo. ¿Le parecería buena opción jugar este torneo para preparar la serie?
Me parecería bien hacerlo, pero no sé si todos estarán de acuerdo. Puede ser que Davydenko, Andreev, Safin y Youzhny ya tienen establecido jugar esa semana en Europa, por contrato. No sé, pero sería muy bueno llegar antes y preparar el partido con un torneo y entrenando en él. Es algo que hay que evaluar.
It would be great if those guys played in Viña!!!!!!!!!! I hope they do, specially Tursunov, I'm a fan of his blogs, great stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.