Mens Tennis Forums banner

Vienna QR2 Mecir def. Nishioka 6-2 6-4

687 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Beta2k 
#1 · (Edited)
i was there until middle of second set. nishioka was disappointing :( no first serves at all! i think he hit 2 first serves in the whole first set (edit: i was exaggerating. he actually hit 12 first serves in the first set. however, they were at a speed which would categorize them as 2nd serves imho). only until the 11th try when he hit the first first serve... in the second set he took a MTO. something about his right hip was itching him. 99% of the time he was struggling with himself and obviously he was also disappointed about himself. however, his strokes look solid when they were working. also hit some nice winners, but overall performance was poor today :/
mecir was not winning this match, nishioka was losing it...

#3 ·
NID, Mecir has a lot more to lose this week, easy money against this overrated youngster...

#4 ·
Well i was hoping for some consistency but he didn't deliver it anyway he is for sure more talented than most of the young guys on the person above me specialy players like Halebian :lol:

#5 ·
Halebian and Blake Mott are players I followed through juniors, no doubt they are at best top 100 but I would be amazed if Donaldson, Tiafoe and Chung don't end up better then this guy.

#6 ·
i was there until middle of second set. nishioka was disappointing :( no first serves at all! i think he hit 2 first serves in the whole first set. only until the 11th try when he hit the first first serve... in the second set he took a MTO. something about his right hip was itching him. 99% of the time he was struggling with himself and obviously he was also disappointed about himself. however, his strokes look solid when they were working. also hit some nice winners, but overall performance was poor today :/
mecir was not winning this match, nishioka was losing it...
He actually made 12 first serves in the first set. Counting is not your best point, it seems ;)

#8 ·
okay, i may have exaggerated. sorry! i was really underwhelmed. but it's true that he needed at least 10 or 11 tries to get his first "first serve" in. the first serves which were working had around 150km/h speed... so in fact that were second serves...

thanks for the clarification though. i will edit my initial post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.