Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Seppi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.5%

WWW? Moscow 250 2014

2K views 42 replies 33 participants last post by  MaratandMilos 
#1 · (Edited)
What are your thoughts?. The entry list in Moscow this year looks strong with 2 top 10 players(Raonic and Cilic) as well as 4 others in the top 20. Personally I think Cilic will win this one but will have to be player some good tennis like he has throughout this year.

Draw: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2014/438/mds.pdf

#3 ·
Why is Tomic not an option on the poll?

#21 ·
Retirement ceremony is expected to be held here but he is not supposed to play

#6 ·
Cilic looks to have a managable draw. If he can keep s a "decent" ROS level throughout the tournament (esp. on final with big chance against Raonic), he'll get this

#8 ·
Terrible draw for Andrey :(

Im going to go with Raonic, although Id like to see anyone else win. Marin has been less than convincing since Us Open and I don't see him getting past Robredo. Youzhny could be inspired by his run in Shanghai and make the final, he certianly has the draw to do so. Raonic will beat whoever makes the final regardless

#12 ·
Wait why are you not moaning about how top players like Milos shouldn't be playing these small tournaments like you were in the thread about Murray/Ferrer taking WCs into Austria :confused:

#22 ·
Raonic for me. The other "big players" aren't looking very good atm.

#23 ·
Youzhny with a suprise victory at his home soil.

#28 ·
Raonic and Gulbis are BIG IF i think, Raonic retired vs Monaco in Shanghai and Gulbis retired last tournament and was beaten easily by Youzhny, so why both play just 250 level event if not fit? would be much better to skip next week and play than Basel/Valencia for points to RACE, but Gulbis himself has really small chance - must win Paris Bercy i believe if he want to make it

#30 ·
Cilic if he woke up after that USO win. I'd say he will beat Raonic if they play in the final since he loves matchups with tall players (check his H2h against Isner, Anderson as an example).

#32 ·
Could I ask what exactly is flawed in the system? The top players only could have 6 "Others Tournaments", in which 4 have to be 500s with one being post-USO. It's their "fault" (or non-fault, I mean many players just had a good season) why they "need" to play these smaller tournaments to assure WTF qualification because they have not played smaller tournaments on other times that could balance their schedule. It is understandable of course for the very top but what can you do right now when it is a tight Race. Maybe they could've moved Paris before then have the 250 (just like with the WTA in which Beijing PM 1000 precedes INT 280 tournaments before 2 weeks I think going to the YEC) in the 2 weeks before WTF.

#40 ·
Cilic will be hard to beat, think Ernie to play him in the finals...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.