Mens Tennis Forums banner

Is Severin Luthi the Greatest Coach of all time?

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Eden 
#1 ·
The guy has been next to Roger forever, he's at the same time his Mauresmo (listening, giving life advices, hanging around with the kids, etc.), his Rasheed (counting the push ups and sit ups), his Vajda, Becker, Edberg, Chang.

You cannot find one of those these days, he's Fed's blessing, isn't he? His water boy and uncle Toni in one?

To get a 33yo tennis player routining the #1, who double bagels top 10 players left and right, unbeaten in China...it takes a great coach.

:wavey:

#3 ·
What is his role in Federer's coaching team exactly? Anyone inform me?

#4 ·
he's everything. Brings the water and the vitamins, plays with the kids to keep Roger's mind clear, sends the balls when Roger is playing with a hitting partner, they talk as friends and Sev is giving him his point of view.

Organizing hotels, trips and everything.

Basically, since Mirka has 8 nannies to organize, Severin is his real operational manager.

..that's how it looks like, i don't know for sure.

#19 ·
Too cute for words :awww:

I guess Severin's influence on Roger gets underestimated for years, no matter how often Roger confirms how important Seve is for him.

People said some years ago that Roger won't need a coach at all as he would be the best coach himself but I think working with Seve really pays off for him.

Severin never complained that Roger also worked with Higueras, Annacone or now Edberg - instead he always made sure to have the best possible connection with those other coaches.

He also manages his job as the Swiss DC captain and was pretty helpful for Stan when he wasn't working with Norman yet and even after Stan started to work with the former Swedish player Severin also kept pretty close to Stan and Magnus.

#14 ·
He makes his living off doing absolutely nothing, so he certainly is the luckiest coach of all time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.