2012: Jan-Michael coaching, playing WTT and exhibitions - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile 2012: Jan-Michael coaching, playing WTT and exhibitions

Hi all
I realize I haven't updated this in ages, so here's the news for anyone who still cares.

Jan-Michael is coaching Coco Vandeweghe on the WTA tour, after being her WTT teammate for two years. You can follow her on twitter @cocovandey, she occasionally makes comments about 'JM' or posts a photo of him. He is still pondering whether or not to get his own twitter account, I personally don't think he should because I am pretty sure he wouldn't update it much.

He still plays tennis as well, mostly with the Boston Lobsters for the WTT season in July, and at whatever exhibitions and cash tournaments he is invited to and can work into his schedule. He plays the Smash Hits events with Elton John and Billie Jean King every year too because he and EJ are good friends.

As for his tennis, well, the very last of his ATP points came off last October. I saw him that week and told him that his points had just come off, he paused for a minute, then said 'well, I'm okay with that' but he still wouldn't say, yeah, I'm retired. For some reason he just won't say that word to me, I'm not sure why. I think he thinks it will upset me. I'll ask him next time I see him.

If you have any questions, let me know. If I can't answer them, I'll ask him.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012: Jan-Michael coaching, playing WTT and exhibitions

Hi - thanks very much for the updates. I'm Dan - any chance you can tell Jan-Michael that he was my very first favourite player (and I'm a heterosexual male ) and ask him who his favourite current players are to watch (if he doesn't mind talking tennis)? If not, what music does he like?

Many thanks, would be a bit of a dream hearing from a childhood hero

oh, and I updated his wiki page the other day for MS results and mentioning main career successes in the initial paragraph.
Henman / Edberg / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline

Last edited by asmazif : 03-20-2012 at 10:58 AM.
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #3
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for updating his Wiki page. He and I had talked about that a few years ago, but I hate to read my own writing in places like that so I never got around to it.

I'll ask him about the tennis players he likes to watch. I can tell you that he's still a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, I saw Stevie Nicks with him back in October and he saw Lindsay Buckingham a few days after that. I'll ask him about some of the other acts on his iPhone. I know he liked the Killers at one time, but they haven't done anything new in a while. Give me about a week or so.

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much and yeh, I enjoyed updating his page - reading back to back the top players JM's beaten after I wrote them down really made me think how incredible his achievements were... victories over 8 former World No. 1s! It also made me remember almost crying when he lost to Woodruff at Wimbledon the year following his magical quarter-final run

Anyway, thanks once again!
Henman / Edberg / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote