Mens Tennis Forums banner

Kebabs

20K views 180 replies 58 participants last post by  out_here_grindin 
#1 ·
ok... so, it has come to my attention that a board member has only recently found the beauty that is... the kebab...

it is absolutely true... they are at times wonderful...typically consumed at around 4am after the girl/guy you were talking to walked away because you where unable to be understood... many kebabs consumed at this time could be considered bad kebabs and there was actually a point in time where bad kebabs began to symbolise my social life... so much so that i named my air guitar rock band Bad Kebab... however, due to the taste buds being rendered useless by intoxication it matters little...

anyways, the two kebab houses i am about to share with you do not require an obscene level of intoxication to be enjoyed...

i would encourage everyone who knows where to find a top shelf kebab to share the whereabouts of such a kebab... don't keep your good luck to yourself... everybody has a right to a life involving top quality kebabs...

one rule: dont give me this half cut up pitta sh!t that has crap falling out the top of it... useless... don't be lazy, get the proper gear and roll that shit up... it's not even up for debate...

THIS IS A KEBAB

THIS IS NOT A KEBAB

i had many kebabs previous to this, but i came across this particular kebab in 1996... it totally revolutionised they way i thought about kebabs... rolled up, compact, little spillage... a neat and tidy job and always a well balanced mix of garden vegtables and meat... try the chicken kebab, extra cheese, w/ hommus and garlic sauce... but doesnt matter what combo, as long as you order a kebab...

i was back in newcastle australia last year for my bro wedding, and on the morning of the wedding i made my way back there to see if it was still around... lo and behold.. it was... and wow... same great kebab action... i went ape shit inside for a while before containing myself and then ordering...

last year, i also ran into a kebab house that matched the kebab i had in newcastle, australia...

i found it on the southern end of Plaza Nueva, Granada, Spain... just on the junction to Calle Elvira... go the doner/chicken mix and chooe any topping... again, well rolled... take this away or even eat it on the run...

do it!!

celebrate all time great kebabs by posting where we can find them...

because, deep down, when you search your feelings, you know as well as i do that the world needs a better quality kebab...

See less See more
#8 ·
it could be true peribsen... what i don't know could fill several large warehouse... but, i just know what is good when it comes to fine cuisine and the more refined parts of life in the world as we know it so i took the liberty of (re)writing the rules here...

#6 ·
Sweden is full of immigrated turks that have blessed us with kebab for quite some time. You'll find döner kebab either with bread or french fries everywhere in Sweden, no matter how small or big the place is. You will also find kebab pizza in every pizzeria worth mentioning. Kebab(döner) is as popular as pizza and burgers in Sweden.

Gyro is also damn good, but you won't find that at too many places in Sweden. I Love to eat it whenever I go to Greece, though.

#10 ·
A kebab can be served in many (6, actually) different ways with many different ingredients´! The "good" kebab is a kebabrulle, the "bad" one is a kebab med bröd.

There is also kebabtallrik (served with freedom fries), kebabpizza and kebablåda, which is like kebabtallrik but served in a take-away låda instead of on a tallrik.

And let's not forget kebabsallad, which is the healthy kebab choice!

#12 ·

:drool:

#13 ·
I used to eat kebabs often, but I've got a problem with them, namely I love savory sauces, unfortunately in a place where I used to eat kebabs, a sauce is so savory that every time when I eat a kebab there, I've got a hiccup :)
I can't vary kebabs because I don't eat pork, beef and veal, so can afford myself only to eat with a chicken or a vegetarian one :p

#14 ·
I used to eat kebabs often, but I've got a problem with them, namely I love savory sauces, unfortunately in a place where I used to eat kebabs, a sauce is so savory that every time when I eat a kebab there, I've got a hiccup :)
I can't vary kebabs because I don't eat pork, beef and veal, so can afford myself only to eat with a chicken or a vegetarian one :p
¿Por qué? :confused:

#22 ·
It is :cuckoo: to wilfully feast on the flesh of dead chickens if you morally object to eating animals... Why are they any different? :sad: It is very specist to single them out like that for non-culinary reasons... Either be an all out carnivore or 100% veggie... there is no middle way...

The death of a chicken is forever...

#26 ·
Either be an all out carnivore or 100% veggie... there is no middle way...
If you perceive life in the unary numeral system, it's your problem not mine :p

#28 ·
Mjau you legend! :haha: Keep it coming.

Also, fast_clay, you made me hungry! :D

#29 ·
I just love kebabs :inlove: and they surely deserved a thread :yeah:
My favorite actually are those eaten at 4am, after a night out. Also, here in Croatia they don't roll them, but I don't see a difference, if you're cautious enough, the ingredients won't fall out. And the taste should be the same :shrug:

#30 ·
#33 ·
:sad: so hungry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.