Mens Tennis Forums banner

Djozniacki...doomsday prepping?

5K views 64 replies 39 participants last post by  l_mac 
#1 ·
Apologies for the new thread...please delete or relocate if this exists elsewhere.

I just need to be reassured that appropriate measures of contingency are in place for the potential fallout of a failure of Djokovic to defend AO, resulting in a slamless no.1. Yikes. Speak comfort to me. Do we have guns and beans? ;)

#19 ·
what did imprisonment do to you? inmate fans of murray found a subtle way to convert you ;)

#39 ·
This.
Idiot thread.

#10 · (Edited)
sorry, but one of the stupidest threads ever. what are we supposed to talk about here? Nole might or might not win the AO. if he doesn't win, rankings are what they are. Let me try to explain this to you, you keep winning you keep your ranking, you start losing you go down. very simple.

comparing Djokovic to Woz in any form/way is simply retarded and shows you know nothing about this sport.

#64 ·
sorry, but one of the stupidest threads ever. what are we supposed to talk about here? Nole might or might not win the AO. if he doesn't win, rankings are what they are. Let me try to explain this to you, you keep winning you keep your ranking, you start losing you go down. very simple.

comparing Djokovic to Woz in any form/way is simply retarded and shows you know nothing about this sport.
Surely you weren't saying this when Novak wasn't number 1 last year and Roger was..

Either way, fact of the matter is, doesn't matter if Novak loses and keeps #1 ranking. He didn't rack up the most points out of everyone in the past 52 weeks for nothing.

#11 ·
loving the murray love. :hearts:

ironic murray praise is much more entertaining than the same old tired hatespeech.

Djokovic is winning the FO, so he won't be slamless for very long.

#31 ·
What love?The only ones who love the hooliga are Brittards and fangirls who have no knowledge of tennis.What's there to love?Ugly pushing game and terrible on court behaviour.JMDP will do us a favour and will make Mugraytards weap.

#12 ·
Also to further compare the two, Caro has much smoother and effective service motion than Djoker. Also she is a better mover and better returner while Nole has slightly better one handed slice and dropshot. I'd say the two players are nothing alike. Wozniacki looks great in short skirt too btw :drool:

#13 ·
Also to further compare the two, Caro has much smoother and effective service motion than Djoker. Also she is a better mover and better returner while Nole has slightly better one handed slice and dropshot. I'd say the two players are nothing alike. Wozniacki looks great in short skirt too btw :drool:
OK, couldn't agree more.

Don't you think that Djokovic should be allowed to wear a short skirt too and maybe high hills, wins slams and show us his feminine side. If Fed can have that golden purse, I demand to see Nole wearing a skirt :p;). sorry I forgot one more thing, he needs to start screaming like Azarenka/Sharapova combined :D

#16 ·
Touche

I mean, douche

Reactions: Ben.
#17 ·
Not that this will happen, but if it did. Wow, would be so strange. Because he clearly is the best player out there to me.

But it would be nice to see how everyone reacted, especially after Federer got all the hate that he did for being #1 last year, even though he had a slam, but pisspoor results in the other slams compared to Djoker. And how every Federer fan defended him that rankings don't lie.

So, watch Federer fans defend Djokovic and Djokovic fans attack him if this happens. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: fivebargate
#22 ·
There won't be any problem of course. The rankings work as they work. If player A has more points than everyone else he is #1.

But one has to wonder, with all the real vs computer #1 talk that was last year regarding Federer, what would happen if Roger became #1 last year without winning a slam? MTF would surely collapse and the haters would surely, 100%, start saying shit. I mean they said shit even when Roger won Wimbledon to become #1.

#26 ·
I don't think it would've been possible, he really needed those 2k points to get there, only in case Nole got injured or something. Dunno, in 2009 Del Potro won a slam but still was #5, while both Nole and Andy were higher and without a slam, I don't remember anyone saying then he's real #2 :)

#27 ·
When I saw thread title I assumed they had become a couple, dumping their current partners.

Then I imagined the forehead on their baby. Bigger than Rihanna's.

#37 ·
Only Murray can defeat Djokovic in AO, them both boring each other to death like they did in Usopen.

It is too slow for Federer to defeat Djokovic, I think he is favorite against Murray but he wont beat Djokovic here.

#40 ·
We've been very lucky this hasn't happened already. Nadal didn't need to win the 2008 Wimbledon final to get #1, nor did Fed need to win the 2009 Wimbledon to get it back. Djokovic didn't need to win Wimbledon to get the #1 ranking from Nadal and I can't remember if Fed needed to beat Murray to get #1 last year. In all of those cases we could have had the loser come out #1 and the winner #2 which always looks bad, in 2012 we even could have had a slamless Fed as #1 (not that he didn't deserve it after 16 slams but still).

Whether this is all luck I'll leave to you, especially if Djokovic rolls though his joke draw for another slam. Reagrless, we've been very 'lucky' so far, we'll see how long we can put off turning into the WTA.

#43 ·
The term computer number 1 may make a comeback as a revenge coinage, but even so, Djizzniacki can never exist.

#52 ·
But you said it was only possible in theory and the holder of 3 slams always had a comfortable lead. And well, that's just not true. It's very well possible given how the rankings are, and it nearly happened.

#58 ·
listen, there are silly tards in all fan basis. you can't generalize things like this. I can see you are only 22yo but think before you post.

Fed was a very legit #1 after Wimbledon. and this is coming from a Nole tard :) (who became his 'tard' back in 2006 when Novak was a nobody).

rankings simply reflect how consistent you are. again, thank God, guys are doing a great job and God forbid if the ATP ever turns into that WTA mess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.