Mens Tennis Forums banner

Rafa Chat Thread - Hot & Cold - Vol. 81

249K views 4K replies 75 participants last post by  Commander Data 
#1 · (Edited)
Need to think of a good title yet. Any suggestions?

#2,652 ·
Re: Rafa Chat Thread - Vol. 81

I always read on here that Federer is rather a mental midget than a mental giant :scratch:. I mean he more often than not loses those close encounters for quite some years now... His success must really come from him being more motivated than his peers. That reminds me of the safintards that were always claiming that if Marat was a tad more devoted to the sport he would've had 50+ slams already...

#2,653 ·

That's just tardish talk. :shrug:

You can not be the top player Roger is, with all the success he's had over such a long time without being mentally strong. (

Head-to-head issues are often confused with mental strength, because it's easier for the devoted fanboy or fangirl to keep believing that the player could have won if only he wanted it badly enough because after all, every match is on his racquet, yadda yadda yadda.

#2,654 ·

That's just tardish talk. :shrug:

You can not be the top player Roger is, with all the success he's had over such a long time without being mentally strong.
Unless you're extremely gifted and talented :shrug:

Head-to-head issues are often confused with mental strength because it's easier for the devoted fanboy or fangirl to keep believing that the player could have won if only he wanted it badly enough because after all, every match being on his racquet, yadda yadda yadda.
That seems to be your way of thinking regarding Malisse... "if only he tried better"...

#2,655 ·

I view Federer as being talented and mentally strong.

To have a long and succesful career and to keep pushing yourself to continue to win or to aim for victories, requires a strong mind.

Every single top player can not win just because he wants it enough. He needs to have the talent and the will to work hard. But a strong mind will help you to keep working hard and to keep aiming for the next victory.

#2,665 ·
Re: Rafa Chat Thread - Abandoned - Vol. 81

A., are you rolling eyes at my new thread title or Rafa's great vacation photos? :p

Fecking rain. :mad:
:hatoff: Raining in Brussels? It's raining almost non-stop here too.

But you know what I just read from Stakho's presser, that UKR vs BEL Davis Cup relegation tie will be held in Tallinn? I can only say that the conditions at the Tere Tennis Centre should be good. :) Too bad I'm busy otherwise I'd go and check it out. :lol:

#2,672 ·
Re: Rafa Chat Thread - Abandoned - Vol. 81

honeymooners...did I miss something or is that wishful thinking from the abandoned one?

Change the title, Desperately Seeking Maria. :armed:

Hmmm...I see a strange looking yellow ball in the sky, anybody have an idea what that may be or are we in trouble?

#2,680 ·
Re: Rafa Chat Thread - Desperados - Vol. 81

By the way:

If the current EU president had been Dutch, his name would most probably have been written as van Rompuy.
He's Belgian, so it's Van Rompuy.

So, it's "van Gogh" but "Van Eyck".

(sorry for the nitpicking but it's a pet peeve of mine due to my own name being wrongly spelled 99% of the time)

#2,682 ·

Yes, I read about the situation in Ukraine every day, it's terrible. And I did have illusions that something like that would not happen here but now I'm being forced to revise my opinion and it's depressing.

By the way Maria, I heard there's a scandal involving your First Lady kissing someone else? What is that all about?

#2,683 ·

Yes, I read about the situation in Ukraine every day, it's terrible. And I did have illusions that something like that would not happen here but now I'm being forced to revise my opinion and it's depressing.

By the way Maria, I heard there's a scandal involving your First Lady kissing someone else? What is that all about?
Yep. There have been rumours about our First Couple's marriage since the start of this year or actually already before but nothing said publicly until last week. :eek: The main topic here as she gets paid a lot, has a driver and a private secretary, unlike your First Lady.

If anyone cares, that's what she looks like, the guy is French btw, working in Tallinn. :aplot: She is 46, he is 28. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.