Mens Tennis Forums banner

Swiss Davis Cup Team

52K views 454 replies 48 participants last post by  iGOAT 
#1 ·
Hoppp Schwiizzz!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#371 ·
On a positive note, Marco won both his matches against Top 40 players! He just beat Ferrer 3-6 6-3 6-3 to win the 5th rubber. :) He will definitely be an asset in future DC ties. :yeah:

Reactions: Nymeria
#373 ·
I agree with you above me! Switzerland was really a huge fighting underdog this weekend. Although we lost, it was so close to the win! Lots of positive things to take in this loss.

Chiudi amazed the world. I see so many positive things written about him after today's match.. Bohli was not in the level, but he did his best and tried really hard! His body language throughout the match and after the match showed all.

Good luck to the Swiss team in the future!

#376 ·
Chiudi, that's such a cute piccie! a cute team!

#382 ·
I am going to Czech R in June, too. Traveling by train from Zurich on Sunday June 10th, when Roland Garros Final is played. Well it's not holidays, but some music workshops. I am looking forward to it! I also heard that Prague is a beautiful city.. Hopefully Karlovy Vary, where I am going to is also a beautiful city.

#383 ·
Ste, i heard it was gonna be in Prague, can't imagine any other place there where they would hold it. :lol: If Roger goes, i'll go, it would be a lot of fun with the other supporters. :cool:
Yukio-san, your trip sounds good! :cool:
will you both be in Alschwil end of this month for the f4R meeting?

#386 ·
Roger is playing in September against the Czech team :)

Federer confirms Davis Cup return against Czechs
Mon Apr 16, 2007

BERNE, Switzerland (Reuters) - World number one Roger Federer has agreed to rejoin Switzerland's Davis Cup squad when they fight for World Group survival against the Czech Republic in September.
The Swiss tennis association confirmed Federer's return for the tie, which will be played away after six in a row at home, in a statement on its official Web site on Monday.
The 10-times Grand Slam winner has skipped the competition's opening round for the past three years to concentrate on his own flourishing career, but has come back on every occasion to help the Swiss maintain their place in the top flight.

Switzerland enjoyed comfortable 5-0 and 4-1 wins over Britain and Serbia respectively in their last two World Group playoffs with Federer winning all five of the rubbers he played.
Source: http://uk.reuters.com/article/UK_TENNIS/idUKL1632741920070416

#388 ·
OK, it's confirmed today, DC will be played at the Sazka Stadium in Prague, an ice hockey stadium with a capacity of 18,000.

already bought my flight ticket, just waiting for the DC tickets to be sold...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.