Mens Tennis Forums banner

Cheering England to World Cup Glory

753 views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Rafalution 
#1 ·
England scrape a 1-0 win against an ordinary Paraguay side, thanks to a Gamarra own goal. Eriksson is as clueless as ever when it comes to tactics. The team looks full of individuals from different clubs, rather than a cohesive side that has been together and under the same manager for years.

2nd or 3rd favourites for the tournament?

Ecuador looked more impressive against Poland. :eek:

#3 ·
guille&tati4life said:
Lucky for England. Neither team really had any clear cut good chances, a draw would have been a fair result.

I'm Booing England to World Cup Failure :devil:
Can we form a group booing England :D

#5 ·
betterthanhenman said:
The team looks full of individuals from different clubs, rather than a cohesive side that has been together and under the same manager for years.

That has been England's problem for years now I think. They look impressive on paper due to the strength of the side, but they don't play well as a team.

#7 ·
adee-gee said:
Get over it.

Am sure even William Wallace was watching and once again with all his strength screamed that unforgettable cry...

'Englaaaaaaaand!' :)

Reactions: naughty_sprite
#8 ·
betterthanhenman said:
England scrape a 1-0 win against an ordinary Paraguay side, thanks to a Gamarra own goal. Eriksson is as clueless as ever when it comes to tactics. The team looks full of individuals from different clubs, rather than a cohesive side that has been together and under the same manager for years.

Ecuador looked more impressive against Poland. :eek:
yes he is clueless, i think he is shite. Can't wait to get rid of him!!!
Beckhams free kick would have gone in anyways.
But yeah whole game was lucky -typical england!!!

#10 · (Edited)
The fancied sides have not looked great so far, but there is time for them all to get it together.

As an England fan, I am worried about Brazil, Argentina, Holland (if they can keep from imploding) and Spain

Q: Worst performance of the World Cup so far?
A: Ronaldo the heffer versus Croatia.

1. heffer

a really fat bitch, one comparable to a cow's size

2. heffer

Either a fat person or a pregnant cow, whichever is nearest

3. heffer

A fat girl that is befriended only for the purposes of using her to get to her hott friends

#15 ·
Ecuador fall to a Beckham special!!! :worship:

Adam: What are the Scottish players doing now? :)

#19 ·
Nathaliia said:
Kristian did you manage to watch this match without falling asleep?

I admit, I managed doing it but only thankfully to posting in here at the same time. But now I am definitely going to bed.
It's all about winning Nat. I was wide awake! :)

#21 ·
crystal_j said:
The tourney will end for us next round, I'm afraid.
Neither Holland or Portugal are great. Rooney is getting fitter and better.

We need to drop Lampard though...he has been a joke all tournamnet.

#22 ·
betterthanhenman said:
Neither Holland or Portugal are great. Rooney is getting fitter and better.

We need to drop Lampard though...he has been a joke all tournamnet.
Lampard is just dreadful.

Neither Holland or Portugal are great, but they can create chances, whereas we can't, so I don't see us going further.

#23 ·
betterthanhenman said:
It's all about winning Nat. I was wide awake! :)
:zzz: Now carry me to bed.

And don't :shout: at Lampard he's a good man from a good Chelsea London. Congratulations England for winning so far with Paraguay (I didn't know Gamarra has 2 passports :p), Trinidad and Tobago (duh, still counts as one) and Ecuador.

#24 ·
Nathaliia said:
:zzz: Now carry me to bed.

And don't :shout: at Lampard he's a good man from a good Chelsea London.
An invite to take you to bed? :p

#26 ·
I hope England beat crap Portugal hard... I can not stand this idoit team out of actors like Figo and so

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.