Jack Sock - Page 52 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-12-2015, 12:51 PM   #766
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jack Sock

Yes how quickly Sock goes from 6-1 to 6-3. Disappointing result this week.

Is he playing any other tournaments before RG?
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2015, 05:08 PM   #767
country flag RU90

RU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond repute

Rome 2015

RU90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:09 PM   #768
country flag RU90

RU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus View Post
Is he playing any other tournaments before RG?
He plays Dusan Lajovic in the first round of Nice.
Old 05-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #769
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Yea - I saw another match he was up a set and break and another loss.

What's going on with Sock in these last few tournaments?
That's the gospel.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:14 PM   #770
country flag Fumus

WHOOOP WHHOOP!!

Huge win for Jack today and a decent draw has opened up for him. That ranking is going to continue to rise.
That's the gospel.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #771
country flag RU90

Heck yeah, what a win! I can't wait to watch it tonight.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #772
country flag Huckleberry Z.

Huckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond repute

Great win! Now can we have a Jack Sock Message Board already? He is going to be top 20 soon.

"It’s not just the athletic artistry that compels interest in tennis at the professional level. It’s also what this level requires -- what it’s taken for the one-hundredth-ranked player in the world to get there, what it takes to stay, what it would take to rise even higher against other men who’ve paid the same price number one hundred has paid." -- David Foster Wallace
Huckleberry Z. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:09 AM   #773
country flag RU90

Is a match replay available anywhere, or at least a long highlights video? I thought ESPN3 would have it.
Old Yesterday, 02:58 PM   #774
country flag Fumus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Is a match replay available anywhere, or at least a long highlights video? I thought ESPN3 would have it.
It's on tennis channel everywhere. I watched the whole thing. Not sure if you need TC or not.

http://www.tennischanneleverywhere.com/

As far as Jack getting his own message board? I think we need to lobby for that.

Quote:
The crowd roared its approval on Court 1 as Jack Sock waved, acknowledging the packed house that had witnessed his straight-sets destruction of No.10 seed Grigor Dimitrov.

It was the biggest upset of the men's tournament at Roland-Garros so far in 2015, and another example of the Nebraskan's progress up the professional tennis ladder; he advances to the second round in what is now a wide open section of the draw.

Sock has long been touted as a potential star, and is the oft-labelled future of American men's tennis. Much like his predecessor Andy Roddick - also from Nebraska - his serve and forehand are potent weapons. Yet unlike Roddick, who historically thrived on faster surfaces, Sock is carving out an impressive niche for himself on clay.

It was at the US Men's Clay Court Championship in Houston in April this year that Sock won his first ATP title; a month later, he peaked at a career-high ranking of 33rd. Having turned pro four years ago, the 22-year-old has enjoyed a steady, rather than spectacular, rise in the game.

Against Dimitrov on Tuesday, he notched another milestone with the biggest Grand Slam victory of his career, having previously gone 0-3 against top 20 opposition in Grand Slam play. He thoroughly outplayed the Bulgarian, whose backhand broke down under the onslaught it faced from Sock's heavy off-forehand.

Serving for the match for a monumental win, he showed little sign of tightness and sealed victory with a forehand winner. "I'm not one to get nervous a whole lot. I was more looking forward to it, that it'd be a fun battle. Two good players going at it on a good court, my favorite surface," he said.

"I may have been one of the first (Americans) to really like (clay). I think the other guys took a little more time. Obviously it's a vital part of our year. It takes up a few months. You can't just not play the clay season ... So I think they're kind of accepting it a little more now. For me personally, I look forward to this time of year."

The tennis gods until now had not been kind to the 23-strong American contingent in the French capital in 2015. On the opening two days of play they went a collective 2-10, with only Steve Johnson and Sloane Stephens emerging triumphant.

But on Tuesday, it was a much brighter state of affairs.

As Serena Williams made short work of Andrea Hlavackova on Chatrier, fellow seeds John Isner and Madison Keys - both seeded No.16 - emulated their illustrious countrywoman by coming through their matches in back-to-back slots on Court 2.

Isner survived a tough first set played before an atmospheric crowd against Italian veteran Andreas Seppi before running away with a 7-5, 6-2, 6-3 victory, while Keys ousted compatriot Varvara Lepchenko; the 20-year-old visibly grew in confidence in the first-set tiebreak after an error-strewn start to the match and ultimately skipped away with a 7-6(3), 6-3 win.

"I'd say there's been some tough draws (for the American players)," Isner said.

"I've always said if you're not seeded, you have no right to complain about anything, in my opinion. I was ranked 35th when I played Rafa first round some five years ago. That's what happens. You can come up against a lot of good players if you're not seeded. Certainly there have been some pretty tough draws."

As is the case for Keys, slow red clay has never been Isner's first preference. But the 30-year-old - who since Miami has risen from No.24 to No.16 in the rankings and won 10 of his past 15 matches on clay - believes there is no reason he can't continue to power his way through the draw in Paris.

"A lot is said about clay and how it's a defensive surface. I would say it's a misconception ... My serve is going to play no matter what the surface is and going to keep me in the match. So I'm comfortable on clay. I've played pretty well over here in Europe, which is nice.

"Feeling pretty good right now."

Also joining the winners' list for the United States was Irina Falconi, who overwhelmed Manon Arcangioli of France 6-2, 6-0.

With seven Americans now through to the second round after such an inauspicious start to the tournament, the situation is looking significantly more positive for the Stars and Stripes.

"Obviously I hope as a whole for American tennis we can do well and we can get wins and push to be where we were bunch of years ago when we had some of the American guys winning and doing well. When one of us does well, it pushes the others to do well too," Sock said.

"I saw John (Isner) right before I went on the court. He had just finished. Yeah, obviously good (win) for him ... and then he sent me a message I just saw saying, 'congrats'."
http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/ne..._business.html
That's the gospel.
Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM   #775
country flag RU90

French Open 2015: R1 vs. Dimitrov

Last edited by RU90 : Yesterday at 05:35 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM   #776
country flag Fumus

Remember when Sock bent over for Dimi? Those days are ova!

I don't care what Sock says IMHO, his best surface is still a fast hard court.

North American Sock will be a force this summer.
That's the gospel.