Mens Tennis Forums banner

Fat John and Invisible Lawrence (Andy's Brothers Thread)

22K views 97 replies 25 participants last post by  tangytennis 
#1 · (Edited)
Is this thread title ok for now? :shrug: We can put all the John-related stuff in here, like his Coach's Corner updates, pics of his shrinking fat ass, his floozy wife Ginger, and other good stuff. :p :cool:

#52 ·
Re: **The Big Fat John Thread** (Big brother coach)

FlashDeb said:
yes he is as far as i know
i concur, as i watched him practise with zee marat last week.

#53 ·
Re: **The Big Fat John Thread** (Big brother coach)

Mary I love your "cool kids" avatar. :cool:

OK, I don't pay attention to the juniors as much as I should but I just noticed that another American doubles team also won the Wimbledon title: the boys' champions Kellen Damico and Nathaniel Schnugg. Why should anyone care about this? Because it was Kellen Damico who just got kicked out of John Roddick's Academy a while back. :lol: I think I may have to add this kid to my new Watch List. :aplot:

Even better, they celebrated their win by doing a chest bump like the Bryan brothers! :lol:

American tennis isn't dead yet :p

American Boys Crowned Champions
Sunday, 9 July, 2006

As the clock struck two on the final day of the 2006 Championships the eyes of the world fell on Centre Court to witness two tennis greats battle it out for Wimbledon glory. However, the tennis world did not come to a complete standstill for such a momentous occasion and, as Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal slugged it out, fans on No.1 Court witnessed Kellen Damico and Nathaniel Schnugg capture the boys’ doubles title.

The American tennis stars of the future were responsible for something of an upset, overcoming the Slovakians No.2 seeds Martin Klizan and Andrej Martin, 7-6 (9-7), 6-2.

Damico and Schnugg having been in sparkling form throughout the tournament. Most notably, in the first round they dispatched the top seeds, Alexandre Sidorenko and Thiemo De Bakker, who claimed the boys’ singles title yesterday.

As the match got underway, both sides were evenly matched. The Americans got the better of the baseline rallies but when approaching the net they lacked the extra edge to finish off the point. This presented their Slovakian adversaries with plenty of opportunities to execute an array of passing shots, to the delight of the crowd.

With two breaks apiece the opening set was decided by a nail-biting tie-break which Damico claimed for his team with a blistering backhand winner following a double fault and a wayward volley from Damico. Team America celebrated their first set triumph with a trademark Bryan bothers bounce.

Clearly inspired by the Bryans’ gentlemen’s doubles triumph on Saturday, Damico and Schnugg wasted little time in emulating their countrymen in claiming a doubles title of their own.

They raced through the second set thanks to a more clinical performance at the net, dispatching winner after winner as the second seeds became more hesitant, clinging to the baseline and letting the title slip from their grasp. With two breaks in the bank and a 4-0 lead the Americans could taste victory. Four games later the title was theirs. Tears of delight from both teenagers accompanied the realisation they were now Wimbledon champions.

Attachments

#56 ·
What the FUCK?

Wasn't Lawrence's wife's name Angie? The cute Asian girl.

What in the world???

And assuming it's all true and Lawrence is a total asshole and awful father, why keep referring to him as "Andy Roddick's brother" as if to suggest it's Andy's fault somehow? :scratch:

#59 ·
that is really weird! :confused: and yeah, I agree Deb, why do they keep referring to him as Andy Roddick's brother? and DASH? it's not like his name isn't mentioned at all. :shrug:

#60 ·
this thing is ... there's no word !

"This is priceless because several years ago, DASH attacked me and strangled me in front of our then infant daughter. You might have seen some of this anger in his brother, Andy Roddick, when he plays a match . . . perhaps the anger is a Roddick thing?"

how can someone right such things ? and on a blog ?
I'm sure no one in Andy's Family is aware of that cuz if they were, true or not (and I'm sure it's not), they would have make closed that blog !

#61 ·
i don't see how they can close it. Just because Andy's famous doesn't mean they can close a mean blog. Maybe what she's saying is true. If so, it's very sad. JC and Annemarie are adorable kids, and no kids, no matter who they are or who their uncle is, deserve to be treated like that if it's true.

one just has to think, though, that because she references Andy SO often, she has other motives than just expressing her anger about Lawrence. If all she was trying to do was vent about Lawrence, I don't see why she'd need to call him "Andy Roddick's brother" and "Andy Roddick's niece and nephew" all the time. That's what's fishy to me.

#70 ·
The law can't do much. Yes, it might be defamation, but she hasn't defamed Andy. I suppose she might have defamed Lawrence, but honestly, I don't see why someone would bother to do something like that if it wasn't true :awww:

#64 ·
maybe the constant Andy references are to get more publicity for her blog or something. :shrug: cos it would come up if you googled Andy Roddick blog or something. I don't know but Lawrence's behaviour, true or not, has nothing to do with Andy so it's harsh to keep referring to him. :awww:

#67 ·
totally agree on that ... seems obvious when you consider she has absolutly no comment on her blog !

but it's just horrible to read ... like this "DASH's parents... (Andy Roddick's Parents)" ...
I mean she's mentioning the whole family ... :awww:

#68 ·
I have a copy of the final match and there is a little girl with Andy's parents so i;m guessing that was her daughter.

I don't know it seems fishy to me, but in my mind things like this make situations like that worse. I understand (if it is TRUE) that it must be incredibly difficult for her, but this will not do her children any good whatsoever.

It's a very sad situation either way. If it is true, if not then i pity the person who has made it up...that's something that is just strange and disgusting :eek:

#71 ·
you know, when she said that girl was in cincinnati but boy not, i don't remember seeing boy |:

hee i picked up her boy/girl speak heee

#77 ·
I'm not assuming it's not true... I just hope it's not, and my personnal feeling about what she wrote it that it seems kinda weird ... but it obviously can be true ... it's just sad for the kids it's been exposed to everyone eyes :/

#83 ·
I have never got the impression that Lawrence is a black sheep of the family. I just presumed that he and Andy are not as close due to the age difference and the fact that Lawrence's sport was not tennis. I presume we do not see him because he is busy with his chiropractic practice.

Many divorces are ugly. While I am not discounting any truth, it seems like she is using the blog as some sort of leverage in the divorce in that the family might offer her a better settlement if she stops speaking out. This could especially be the case given that Texas is a community property state where alimony is limited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.