Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadal OUT of the Australian Open

42K views 404 replies 153 participants last post by  Pirata. 
#1 ·
Craig Gabriel ‏@crosscourt1
JUST IN - official. Rafa Nadal is out of the Australian Open due to stomach virus.

Jon Wertheim ‏@jon_wertheim
From the camp : Rafa Nadal will not play DOHA & MELBOURNE... a stomach virus makes him stop his rehabilitation and thinks in the new season

Other tennis folk on twiter are saying it too.

Made a new topic as it is big news, merge it in a few hours.

This can't be just from a virus... this smells like a cover up

#6 ·
lol at the stomach virus reasoning

#7 ·
wow i cant believe it.

#16 ·
they just held a press conference a few minutes ago.

#126 ·
dull gonna be ranked #5 for clay court season :scared:

should be Fed who gets Ferrer sf, i've noticed for years the #2 always gets the better draws

#27 ·
hope he will get better soon, the tour needs him.

#28 ·
If these early reports are indeed factual, then there is definitely a lot more going on with Nadal than meets the eye here. So he's spent the last few weeks training hard, a mystery stomach virus arises in the days before his supposed comeback and now because of this said virus, he is now consequently withdrawing from the Australian Open? In my opinion there is no way he is pulling out because of that. It's either the knee is still bothering him or he is mentally not ready to compete again. The thought of permanently damaging his knees combined with the lofty expectations of him upon his return to action may be overwhelming him a little....

Hopefully we learn more soon..

Reactions: fran70
#38 ·
I don't want to spread rumours but my brother had told me last week-end (don't know from which source but my brother is a Nadal-fan) that Carlos Moya had said somewhere that he had practised with Nadal recently and his movement didn't look good at all, his practise seemed to be still limited.

Now, I would much prefer Nadal's team to tell precise news than me to spread rumours :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.