Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Shameful, Andy! Shameful!" Indian Wells Thread

33K views 1K replies 69 participants last post by  sadhbh 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/en/

Hey guys! Indian Wells is coming up, and we need to be cheering for our boy Andy. :D Here's the player's field for men's singles.

1 Federer, Roger 1 SUI
2 Nadal, Rafael 2 ESP
3 Roddick, Andy 3 USA
4 Nalbandian, David 4 ARG
5 Davydenko, Nikolay 5 RUS
6 Hewitt, Lleyton 6 AUS
7 Agassi, Andre 7 USA
8 Ljubicic, Ivan 8 CRO
9 Coria, Guillermo 9 ARG
10 Gaudio, Gaston 10 ARG
11 Safin, Marat 11 RUS
12 Gonzalez, Fernando 12 CHI
13 Johansson, Thomas 13 SWE
14 Ferrer, David 14 ESP
15 Hrbaty, Dominik 15 SVK
16 Gasquet, Richard 16 FRA
17 Ferrero, Juan Carlos 17 ESP
18 Ginepri, Robby 18 USA
19 Robredo, Tommy 19 ESP
20 Stepanek, Radek 20 CZE
21 Ancic, Mario 21 CRO
22 Blake, James 22 USA
23 Berdych, Tomas 23 CZE
24 Nieminen, Jarkko 24 FIN
25 Kiefer, Nicolas 25 GER
26 Andreev, Igor 26 RUS
27 Monfils, Gael 27 FRA
28 Grosjean, Sebastien 28 FRA
29 Rochus, Oliver 29 BEL
30 Kuerten, Gustavo 30 BRA
31 Verdasco, Fernando 30 ESP
32 Dent, Taylor 31 USA
33 Volandri, Filippo 32 ITA
34 Lopez, Feliciano 33 ESP
35 Mirnyi, Max 34 BLR
36 Moya, Carlos 35 ESP
37 Henman, Tim 36 GBR
38 Serra, Florent 37 FRA
39 Hanescu, Victor 38 ROM
40 Malisse, Xavier 39 BEL
41 Rusedski, Greg 40 GBR
42 Haas, Tommy 41 GER
43 Youzhny, Mikhail 42 RUS
44 Rochus, Christopher 43 BEL
45 Sanguinetti, Davide 44 ITA
46 Acasuso, Jose 45 ARG
47 Wawrinka, Stanislas 46 SUI
48 Novak, Jiri 47 CZE
49 Mathieu, Paul-Henri 48 FRA
50 Martin, Alberto 49 ESP
51 Srichaphan, Paradorn 50 THA
52 Chela, Juan Ignacio 51 ARG
53 Calleri, Agustin 52 ARG
54 Tursunov, Dmitry 53 RUS
55 Baghdatis, Marcos 54 CYP
56 Melzer, Jurgen 55 AUT
57 Seppi, Andreas 56 ITA
58 Vik, Robin 58 CZE
59 Moodie, Wesley 60 RSA
60 Massu, Nicolas 61 CHI
61 Murray, Andy 62 GBR
62 Carlsen, Kenneth 63 DEN
63 Clement, Arnaud 64 FRA
64 Santoro, Fabrice 65 FRA
65 Bjorkman, Jonas 66 SWE
66 Karlovic, Ivo 67 CRO
67 Goldstein, Paul 68 USA
68 Mayer, Florian 69 GER
69 Zib, Tomas 70 CZE
70 Muller, Gilles 71 LUX
71 Montanes, Albert 72 ESP
72 Spadea, Vincent 73 USA
73 Soderling, Robin 74 SWE
74 Berlocq, Carlos 75 ARG
75 Djokovic, Novak 76 SCG
76 Pashanski, Boris 77 SCG
77 Johansson, Joachim 78 SWE
78 Kohlschreiber, Philipp 79 SWE

Let's send some positive energy his way. :kiss:

See less See more
#27 ·
Re: The "Fire It Up, Andy!" Indian Wells Thread

Oh Jez you can do better than that ;)

#29 ·

nkhera1 said:
Roddick has to do well here because he actually has some points to defend. Does anyone know how well Nalbandian did at this tournament last year? I would think that Roddick at least needs to get to the semis.
Nalby got to the Round of 16 last yeare (losing in straight sets to Kiefer :eek: )

#30 ·

sorry guys,I forgot to mention Andy in the "who can bt Nadal" thread :awww: ,not that I don't believe a fit Andy can take him out. but I think if he notices this,he might really fire up and do everything right:D
will Andy be seeded 3rd? That means if he could reach the SF, he'd probably play Rafa. Hope he reaches that far and makes the final. also wish an Andy-Nalby final. :angel:

#33 ·

That's ok skykisser, I don't think Andy can beat his grandma these days :( :awww:

Jez, BE NICE! :p

#34 ·

Good luck to Andy at IW, i hope his break helped him short out his issues. At this point i don't care about the draw at all, i just want to see Andy attain his level from Cincy last year. Crosses fingers :unsure:

#35 ·

I'd prefer he attain his level from Cincy THREE years ago :)

#36 ·

deb. said:
I'd prefer he attain his level from Cincy THREE years ago :)
I agree, but still his performance over Ferrero and Hewitt would be a big improvement over what he has done this year so far. :) Still, sometimes mental issues are changed quite abruptly and you see huge changes in attitude and performance. Double-crosses fingers :wavey:

#37 ·

I agree Merton, I think Andy's form at Cincy last year was the last time I saw Andy playing anywhere near like the old Andy--smart and fast and powerful. He still wasn't terribly confident but he pulled through some tough matches. And of course, beating Hewitt was icing on the cake. His reaction afterwards was precious.

Hopefully this week off will have given Andy some time to regroup and think about what he wants to accomplish at IW. I don't want him playing in fear anymore. It's not right. :sad:

#38 ·

tangerine_dream said:
I agree Merton, I think Andy's form at Cincy last year was the last time I saw Andy playing anywhere near like the old Andy--smart and fast and powerful. He still wasn't terribly confident but he pulled through some tough matches. And of course, beating Hewitt was icing on the cake. His reaction afterwards was precious.
IMO he was playing better at Lyon and Paris in the fall, before he got hurt. At the beginning of this season he even mentioned that he felt like after the USO last year he picked it up and was being more aggressive and he was. He didn't even drop serve at Lyon, didn't do anything unnecessary to extend matches like he's been doing, etc.
tangerine_dream said:
Hopefully this week off will have given Andy some time to regroup and think about what he wants to accomplish at IW. I don't want him playing in fear anymore. It's not right. :sad:
We can only hope. :awww:

#39 ·

deb. said:
IMO he was playing better at Lyon and Paris in the fall, before he got hurt. At the beginning of this season he even mentioned that he felt like after the USO last year he picked it up and was being more aggressive and he was. He didn't even drop serve at Lyon, didn't do anything unnecessary to extend matches like he's been doing, etc.
Yes, that's true. He was playing some great tennis then, too. Too bad I wasn't able to watch any of the Lyon matches. :(

#40 ·

tangerine_dream said:
Yes, that's true. He was playing some great tennis then, too. Too bad I wasn't able to watch any of the Lyon matches. :(
Well I only saw the last set against Monfils that someone posted to download, but he was impressive in that. Plus he straight-setted Santoro and didn't lose serve to him so that's impressive. Plus, that match against Hrbaty in Paris right before he got hurt, I mean that was one of the best matches I've EVER seen him play. And then when he was hurt against Ferrer the way he fought was impressive, etc.

We know he has it in him, he just has to find it :awww:

#42 ·

Is there anything to be happy about right now? :shrug:

#44 ·

jez said:
Bilbo's grandma would rip him a new one :tape:

I'm moving over to the dark side. Mwhahaha :devil: :fiery:
:haha:

#46 ·

jez said:
Bilbo's grandma would rip him a new one :tape:

I'm moving over to the dark side. Mwhahaha :devil: :fiery:
:haha: I must spread some reputation before giving it to Jez again. Well, imagine drawing Henman in R2 (R1 for Andy). That would be called "the grandma duel" :devil:

#48 ·

tangerine_dream said:
*spreads the fairy dust around*

jez, wtf? LOL. You're on a roll today. :lol:
Don't do that...he'll sneeze out what few brains he has left :scared:

...I'd definitely recommend refraining from sprinking Robby with it at any rate :rolleyes:

:lol: Oh Tangers I never realised how enjoyable being a troll can be! :haha: Funny thing is, I'm being showered with goodreps :haha: Thanks to everyone, including your good self, for being so kind ;) :yeah:

#50 ·

C'mon Andy, you won't let this happen, will you? :awww:

"I keep thinking someone is going to wake me up," he [Blake] said. "It amazed me I've gotten this far. Hopefully I'll keep wondering what the next level is. Now, I just need to break that 0 and 8 record against Andy."

#51 ·

Good luck Andy! Maybe you can take heart that your nemesis got beaten on hard court and in the finals and your buddy was able to win against his nemesis. Get out of your funk man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.