Mens Tennis Forums banner

Juan Carlos Has An Adventure In Auckland

8K views 157 replies 17 participants last post by  jcluvva 
#1 ·
I just read this and it really made me laugh :lol::lol::lol:

Battle of the sexes
The recent arrival of some of the male players for next week's Heineken Open has made for some interesting encounters at the ASB Tennis centre.
Especially with the press conference room being adjacent to the men's changing room
Elena Dementieva was surprised, to say the least, to see a shirtless, sweaty Juan Carlos Ferrero sitting casually among the journalists, having just finished a practice session.
2008 Heineken Open finalist Ferrero is an ex- world number one with career earnings of $US12 million, while Dementieva has banked over $US10.6 million.
Would there be a faceoff?
"Juan Carlos, do you have any questions for Elena?" asked one journalist.
"No - not yet" - he joked.
Soon after Dementieva dismissed the media imposter from the room, and he left with a smile.

http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-news/from-baseline-day-five-asb-classic-2437547

See less See more
#3 ·
What I've been fearing has become reality.:unsure:

JC will play Kei Nishikori in R1! :eek:
My loyalty will be tested but I promise I will be on JC's side :angel:
I'm not a very patriotic person anyway :p although I like Kei and want him to do well as well.

Complete draw here:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/1/posting/2009/301/mds.pdf

#4 ·
My loyalty will be tested but I promise I will be on JC's side :angel:
I'm not a very patriotic person anyway :p although I like Kei and want him to do well as well.

]
Bunny, I'm glad that u are on JC'side.actually, it is not davis cup, so JC is just JC NOT SPAIN.Kei,at the same time, just fights for himself.
SO, the patriotic thing is no big deal.

vamos Juan!

#5 ·
This draw seems ok to me! But then I do say that about every single draw he is in!!!

#8 · (Edited)
No, they were laughing at me (in a friendly way of course) because they know that while I'm a Kei fan my top guy is always JC. I was panicking when JC and Kei were in the same section of the draw at some tournament last year (they ended up not meeting, to my relief).

Kei can be dangerous if he's fit. You know how he beat Ferrer in five sets at USO and took a set off Rafa at Queen's.
He called a trainer for an elbow injury in the third round of Brisbane, but it seems only a muscle pain so he decided to play next week.

Bunny, I'm glad that u are on JC'side.actually, it is not davis cup, so JC is just JC NOT SPAIN.Kei,at the same time, just fights for himself.
SO, the patriotic thing is no big deal.

vamos Juan!
Actually I think I still root for JC even if they meet in a DC match. :lol: But Kei is one of my second favourite players along with Safin, Hewitt and Rafa, and I hope they are as far from JC as possible in every tournament they play!:eek:

Anyway, good luck JC! :rocker2:

#13 ·
Ouch, horrible draw. Hopefully he does great against Kei, and if not, I'm more than happy to have him in Melbourne early:p

#14 ·
Well, I suppose he deserves this after screwing up a nice draw last week. Nishi happens to be one of my favourites too but JC needs the win more badly. Kohli whom he lost to last year of course and then Ferrer whom he always loses too.

Very nasty but he can't really complain, it was bound to happen. I believe he has to take the title to defend all his points from last year.

#15 ·
He is 3rd on court tonight/tomorrow depending where you are in this great big world!!
Anyone know of any sites that are showing it? I can only find Betfair and they are only showing the Quarry/King match:mad::mad::mad:(like who wants to see that?!)

#18 ·
Yeah I noticed that too. But I don't understand why Betfair would cease coverage of Centre Court after the Querrey match. I think there's a chance they'll show it anyway as long as you keep the video screen open.

It'll probably be about 4-6am our time, depending on rain delays. It rains every year in New Zealand.

#20 ·
you are a true fan carlos:worship::worship::worship: hopefully i will be able to wake up in time to watch some of it:):):)

#21 ·
Thanks for those links everyone:):):)

#27 ·
The same here, Jimnik!

But grrrrrr JC gets broken in the first game. :(

#30 ·
Finally an easy service game. 2-3*
Shame he couldn't break in the fourth game.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.