Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tennis Tipping #34c - Manerbio - Congrats to lucian_iasi and -Eve-/Scoobs!!!

12K views 216 replies 33 participants last post by  lucian_iasi 
#1 · (Edited)
Tennis Tipping #34c – Manerbio​

What is Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to Sign-Up:

Just post here that you would like to play. You can only play one tournament per week. Entries will be based on ranking. Everyone can commit.

Please read this post for more information
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...14&postcount=1

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [TT: Manerbio, day #]. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. For doubles, you still tip the ATP singles matches, not the doubles! No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE

If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to ivo.veber1@hotmail.com

See less See more
#143 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #34c - Manerbio - Thursday diffs in post #139

Recouderc :rolleyes:

After saving 2 mps in the 2nd set you don't make good use of the momentum :rolleyes:

#146 ·

I got all my QF picks right :worship:
I am on fire right now :eek:

#147 ·

Singles

Quarter Finals (day 2 of 2)

Matches Counted: 8
Matches Remaining: 0

07:06 | (1) _A_ (CRO) vs. Scoobs (GBR) #SRs: 5-5
08:08 | (6) Betty (ITA) vs. (3) Sdtoot (GBR) #SRs: 6-3
08:05 | 25 to Life (GBR) vs. lukela85 (ENG) #SRs: 5-4
08:05 | lucian_iasi (ROM) vs. Broseghini (BRA) #SRs: 5-3

Doubles

Quarter Finals (day 2 of 2)

Matches Counted: 8
Matches Remaining: 0

15:14 | (1) sdtoot/extremaduratenis (GBR/ESP) vs. AdeyC/lucian_iasi (GBR/ROM) #SRs: 7-11
13:11 | -Eve-/Scoobs (NED/GBR) vs. (4) Broseghini/Wojtek (BRA/POL) #SRs: 9-8
13:15 | (3) orangehat/Goldenoldie (SIN/GBR) vs. acionescu/Betty (ROM/ITA) #SRs: 10-8
11:14 | jcreback/Adder A216 (USA/NED) vs. (2) bandtree/ibreak4coffee (CAN/CAN) #SRs: 5-7

#152 ·
#150 ·

OOP Friday

Matches count for Semifinal Singles (Day 1 of 1)
Matches count for Semifinal Doubles (Day 1 of 1)

Thomas SCHOOREL vs. Marco CRUGNOLA SR1 PTS
Victor CRIVOI vs. Steve DARCIS SR2
Robin HAASE vs. Alessio DI MAURO SR3
Fillippo VOLANDRI vs. Alberto BRIZZI SR4

Matches start at 14.00 local time.
All picks to igralec33.
Please send only surnames.

#151 ·

My first SF ever :rocker2:

#154 ·

Report – Thursday

After boring Wednesday much more exciting Thursday in Manerbio! Interesting fact is that none match wasn't decided before real tennis matches started at 14.00. And we for sure saw much more interesting differences as yesterday. In singles - lukela85 and Broseghini had to try with more risky picks and so they (interestingly) picked same and they both had in their diffs Santos and Alund. But because not Santos nor Alund didn't win their matches - this meant their opponents 25 to Life and lucian_iasi won quarterfinals with impressive 8 picks and 5 SRs. And believe or not they weren't players of quarterfinals – this title goes to player which yesterday for regional newspaper said that she is angry because wasn't mentioned in Wednesday official report. Yes, you know who we are talking – local player Betty which is really so well supported by Italian crowd. It looks she can't dissapoint them. Betty was allready the best player of second round and second best player in first round. Really great performance by sixth seed in first days of TT Manerbio. Local hero defeated unluckiest tipper of day, third seed sdtoot which as well scored 8, but »just« 4 SRs weren't enough for his semifinal in singles. But Betty has to remember – one bad day is enough to goes out. And tomorrow she will have to be again at her best as well because her semifinal opponent is top seed, Croatian _A_ which defeated talented British player Scoobs. Croatian didn't play best whole week but he is winning and we all know that the best players play their best game when this is needed. Will tomorrow be one of this days? Can no. 52 on world beat home player and her crowd? We will see. And we will as well see two semifinal matches in doubles competition. First and second seeded teams (sdtoot/extremaduratenis & bandtree/ibreak4coffee) advanced today. If second seeded team didn't have big problems against jcreback/Adder A216, sdtoot/extremaduratenis had really though quarterfinal match but at end they won with 1 pick advantage against AdeyC/lucian_iasi. If top teams won their matches, third and forth seeded teams fall today. Broseghini/Wojtek, 4th seeds played really bad and their tactic really didn't work today that's also reason why Wojtek verbal attack Brazilian teammate. On other side of court Dutch -Eve- and British Scoobs seemed so relaxed and looks like very strong team. So, tomorrow we can expect hard match for first seeded team. In last quarterfinal match we saw victory of Romanian-Italian team (with again really loudly cheering) against third seeds orangehat/Goldenoldie. »Highlight« of this match was bad sportmanship of orangehat which was so dissapointed and angry that didn't even shake hands of their opponents after match. Anyway, our semifinalists are known … and Great Britain offically statistically doesn't have most chance of singles victory as they have only 1 player in semifinal (25 to Life). But no matter. We just can't wait for tomorrow and matches - which start at 14.00 local time!

#164 ·

Report – Thursday

»Highlight« of this match was bad sportmanship of orangehat which was so dissapointed and angry that didn't even shake hands of their opponents after match.
This incident has been sadly misreported. My partner spent a lot of time trying to massage Santos back into action against Crugnola, and by the time Santos retired orangehat has lost all feeling in both shoulders so was unable to extend either arm for the customary handshake. I can assure your readers that verbal congratulations were exchanged in the proper manner.

#155 ·

Please notice, reports are just for fun. ;) And I'm not sure about gender of players. ;) So, sorry if I wrote she instead of he or he instead of she. :p

#156 ·

:cool::kiss:
and i know luck is not forever:eek:

so what should i do?cagon picks or risk again..we ll see tomorrow at 2 pm..ole:p

:lol:

edit u guess well abt me:p im a she:lol:

#158 ·

I am flying the flag for Britain :eek:

#165 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #34c - Manerbio - Friday OOP in post #150

I wasn't angry/disappointed :lol: :)secret: well only with me picking Recouderc) but it wouldn't have made a difference anyway :shrug:

It's all in jest though so :yeah:

#166 ·

I wasn't angry/disappointed :lol: :)secret: well only with me picking Recouderc) but it wouldn't have made a difference anyway :shrug:

It's all in jest though so :yeah:
I'm happy that you (and hopefully all others) understand all reports are written just for fun. Don't take it too serious. ;)

:wavey:

#167 ·

Singles

Semifinal

00:00 | (1) _A_ (CRO) vs. (6) Betty (ITA) - Same winners; SR Differences: SCHOOREL 2-0 v 2-1
00:00 | 25 to Life (GBR) vs. lucian_iasi (ROM) - Same winners; SR Differences: DARCIS 2-0 v 2-1

Doubles

Semifinal

00:00 | (1) sdtoot/extremaduratenis (GBR/ESP) vs. -Eve-/Scoobs (NED/GBR) - Same Winners; SR Differences: SCHOOREL 2-1 v. SCHOOREL 2-0, DARCIS 2-1 +2 v. DARCIS 2-0 +2, HAASE 2-1 v. HAASE 2-0
00:00 | acionescu/Betty (ROM/ITA) vs. (2) bandtree/ibreak4coffee (CAN/CAN) - Same Winners; SR Differences: SCHOOREL 2-1 v. SCHOOREL 2-0, DARCIS 2-1 v. DARCIS 2-0, HAASE 2-0 v. HAASE 2-1, VOLANDRI 2-1 v. VOLANDRI 2-0

#168 ·

Picks Count

Singles
SCHOOREL 4 CRUGNOLA 0
CRIVOI 0 DARCIS 4
HAASE 4 DI MAURO 0
VOLANDRI 4 BRIZZI 0

Doubles
SCHOOREL 6 CRUGNOLA 2
CRIVOI 0 DARCIS 8
HAASE 8 DI MAURO 0
VOLANDRI 8 BRIZZI 0

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.