Federer thinks that Djokovic won the Australian Open last year

4K views 45 replies 36 participants last post by  Chris Kuerten 
#1 ·

0:32, ouch :superlol:

#2 ·
No love for Wawrinka :sadface:

#6 ·
His memory has never been his strongest area :lol:

as I've said before, it's the GOAT obsessed wannabe Nadal who remembers all career statistics about himself and his rivals.

Reactions: 17-6-302
#7 ·
Well Federer has spoken. Djoko you've got another Grand Slam title on my list.

Roger doesn't even know how many Wimbledon titles he's won.

Something like... 10,000? Is that anywhere near? .. No?

#12 ·
Players barely know their own statistics, matches etc. They remember the big titles and that is all. Just look up any other sports and that is the same. They focus on their own games and the big titles, they don't bother about the others that much.

That said Federer should have remembered that last year Wawrinka won the AO, but it is not a big deal at all.

#14 ·
Nonsense, Federer is well known for remembering the smallest details of matches he played fifteen years ago.

#19 ·
Maybe it is just an honest mistake because Djokovic has been winning AO for a long while, but it seems weird especially he was the one who posted a #Stanimal tweet during the final, from what I remember, and he did remember that he faced Djokovic in the Dubai SF the year before.

#21 ·
It's obvious that Federer knows that Wawrinka won an Australian Open. He either mixed up the year in his head or when he said "last year", didn't realize that it meant 2014. Yes, it's not super early in the year, but if you notice interviews with players early on in the year, they tend to mix up what happened the previous year with what happened the year before that. In either case, who cares? Obvious troll thread to rile up the tards.

#22 ·
As funny as this is I don't actually blame him. He's been playing tennis for a long time and I'm sure he's much more focused on his own game than remembering who won which tournaments in the past. It's easy enough for someone like him to mix it up, especially considering that Djokovic has won the AO every year (except 2014) since 2011.

If he had said Nadal or Murray won the AO last year or something like that then that would be a bit more strange.

#27 ·
:this:

Stan has told the stories about how Roger called him immediately after the final and expressed his happiness.

Sampras, Federer, and Stan partied late into the night that evening.

#28 ·
You can see that Fed has only used Wawrinka. He did not invite Stan to the wedding and Muger's own wife jeered at him.

All Wawrinka is to Fed, is some random bloke who saved his a$$ in DC finals, prevented Nadal from double career slam, and helped him get a doubles gold.

#33 ·
:haha: OP whining and battling windmills and the usual suspects (MsMarple etc) agrees with him, wow truly shocking stuff.

Seriously.

First of all, to anyone who isn't a deluded & desperate Fedhater, it's obvious Federer had a brain cramp, happens to everyone. It was an honest mistake, so who gives a shit.

Secondly, even if it wasn't and it's a mindgame thing (yeah right), WHO GIVES A SHIT ANYWAY? Honesly, why give the tiniest crap about the relation between Stan and Roger? I like both players but I couldn't care less who went to who's wedding. Remove this yellow press garbage from MTF. These players are not BFFs but who cares, Sampras and Agassi hated each other. It simply doesn't matter.

Reactions: Brit Tennis Fan
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.