Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win?

WWW Indian Wells R2: Kyrgios vs. (11) Dimitrov

6K views 68 replies 48 participants last post by  Tiebreak100 
#1 ·
Looks like a very promising match on paper. Will definitely be watching this one.

Hoping Nick can save tennis.

#2 ·
Tiebreak in the 3rd NID. Something like 6-2 3-6 7-6(4)

#3 ·

#5 ·
If Grigor has sorted out his racquet issues and found some form again after Acapulco, he should win this in straight sets. If he still can't serve or keep the ball in court, this will be messy. This is a good test for Grigor and I think he will take it in 2 sets. :yeah:

#9 ·
Dislike both players but Dimitrov is the lesser of the two evils so hopefully he wins.

#14 ·
Dimitrov is back to his old racquet? Will be tough for Kyrgios especially with a little rust, but I think he can at least extend the match to a 3rd set

#16 ·
Should be a great lesson for Dimitrov and his fans, getting confronted with actual talent.

#17 ·
Seriously, you can't even compare this players related to talented, everyone saying Kyrgios is more talented should be banned for trolling. :lol:

Dimitrov has the most perfect technique next to Federer, while Kyrgios has an absolutely awful technique in every single stroke, bar serve.

Sadly, an upset is possible. This court has a "moon bouncing", which favours Kyrgios. Dimitrov is a world class returner in low bouncing surfaces, but is an awful one those are high bouncing.

This would be a routine 6-2, 6-2 on grass, but here, not sure. Dimitrov should be able to win anyway, assuming he's done with breaking himself, Nick would't break Grigor's serve by his own merit in a million years.

#19 ·
Seriously, you can't even compare this players related to talented, everyone saying Kyrgios is more talented should be banned for trolling. :lol:

Dimitrov has the most perfect technique next to Federer, while Kyrgios has an absolutely awful technique in every single stroke, bar serve.

Sadly, an upset is possible. This court has a "moon bouncing", which favours Kyrgios. Dimitrov is a world class returner in low bouncing surfaces, but is an awful one those are high bouncing.

This would be a routine 6-2, 6-2 on grass, but here, not sure. Dimitrov should be able to win anyway, assuming he's done with breaking himself, Kyrgios would't break his serve by his own merit in a million years.

#29 ·
At least Kyrgios attacks the ball in order to take control of the point. I actually dislike him, but at least he's playing the right way. While Dimitrov is technically 'perfect' but doesn't go for his shots. It's even more sad when you know he actually has a good attacking game when he tries. A bit like Murray.

Dimitrov needs to get his shit together, I've been tired of his BS game. It's getting worse every day!
But I blame it on Rasheed and Dimitrov's lack of character to sack him and find another coach who'll do the right things with him.

That said, a decent Dimitrov should take control of this in 2 or 3.

#32 ·
just watch this particular match if you can and let's talk about all that after it.

Coz ppl watch all his matches against the top 4-10 and figure he's a total defender, which is not entirely true.

Watch him make more winners than Kyrgios in this match.

#41 ·
Regardless of the score I'm looking forward to a great match. I hope it isn't at 3:30 am UK time though :rolleyes:.

I'm going to say Kyrgios in a tight 3. On the other hand, I still think people expect too much from him. He's still outside the top 30 and 19 years old. It's not like he's going to be beating top 20 players all the time.

#44 ·
If you're a non-tard and non-hater, this will be an enjoyable match.

Dimitrov should win this, but his current form has been mediocre. A lot will depend on how much Dimitrov retreats into his Djokovic-like game. Obviously, not anywhere as good as Djokovic, but relying on defense and his ability to contort his body. Djokovic can get away with it. Dimitrov can not. Dimitrov will need to stay aggressive. Show Kyrgios different spins and height of the ball with his variety. He also needs to keep it away from the Kyrgios backhand and use his superior movement to keep Kyrgios off-balance.

Kyrgios obviously needs to play first strike tennis. Serve bombs and come to the net if he can. I really like his feel up there.

Real tennis fans will enjoy this. Dimitrov in 3. All three sets being tight.

#47 ·
Dimitrov has a lot of pressure to win because he is hyped up to the sky "Baby Fed" and with Sharapova but he has not got this winning mentality as Fed has or Djokovic does.
He playes more like Djokovic than like Federer. But Aussie did a great job about their guys . Even Kyrgios' win vs Nadal at Wimbeldon and vs Gasquet. They do not like to make a big mistake with him as they did it with Tomic who is a great talent as well. So Kyrgios has no pressure on him as Dimitrov does. That is why i think Kyrgios could get to do the top of the game faster than Dimitrov.

#45 ·
Kyrgios in two hopefully but i reckon he will choke and lose in three.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.