Mens Tennis Forums banner

Andreas Vinciguerra

51K views 361 replies 40 participants last post by  Eden 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of him?

#203 ·
Cordenons Challenger, Italy.

Vinci's half of the draw...

(1)(WC)Albert Montanes (ESP) vs Marcelo Charpentier (ARG)
Mathieu Montcourt (FRA) vs Nicolas Thomann (FRA)
Stephane Robert (FRA) vs Carlos Cuadrado (ESP)
(8)Gorka Fraile (ESP) vs Frederico Gil (POR)

(3)Juan Antonio Marin (CRC) vs (q)Marco Crugnola (ITA)
Cristian Villagran (ARG) vs Marc Lopez (ESP)
Maximo Gonzalez (ARG) vs Andreas Vinciguerra (SWE)
(7)Oscar Hernandez (ESP) vs (q)Alexander Dolgopolov (UKR)

#205 ·
Vinciguerra def. Dolgopolov 6-0 6-1 and is through to the QFs of the Cordenons Challenger, this is the guy who beat future Wimbledon champ Oscar Hernandez. I hope he can keep up the solid results so far.

#206 ·
Vinci defeated Marc Lopez 6-3 7-6 and is through to the semi finals against Montcourt and he should be able to handle him and make another final

Kom igjen Vinci.

#208 ·
Great news George :yeah:
Kom igen Vinci :)

#209 ·
Vinci lost to Montcourt in 3 sets and on the face of it, this is a bad loss considering the form he is and the players that Vinci has beaten recently. He had a good chance to make the final and win this event, but came up short. Just hope the big Greek Economidis can take it now.

At least there will be another small progression up the rankings now and that's good.

#210 ·
:D Great news that he is moving in the right direction now :hatoff:
Thanks GWH. Fingers crossed for the next tournament.

#211 ·
Here is the MD for the next event in Italy.

(1)Flavio Cipolla (ITA) vs Juan Pablo Brzezicki (ARG)
Damian Patriarca (ARG) vs Q
Francesco Aldi (ITA) vs Q
Gabriel Moraru (ROM) vs (7)Andreas Vinciguerra (SWE)

(4)Ivan Navarro Pastor (ESP) vs Marco Mirnegg (AUT)
Stephane Robert (FRA) vs Christian Villagran (ARG)
Andrea Falgheri (ITA) vs Q
Marcel Goodman (USA) vs (6)Mathieu Montcourt (FRA)

(5)Gorka Fraile (ESP) vs Q
Santiago Ventura (ESP) vs Jan Masik (CZE)
Marcelo Charpentier (ARG) vs Victor Crivoi (ROM)
Claudio Rizzo (ITA) vs (3)Maximo Gonzalez (ARG)

(8)Daniel Gimeno Traver (ESP) vs Pablo Santos Gonzalez (ESP)
Juan Martin Aranguren (ARG) vs Marco Pedrini (ITA)
Antonio Pastorino (ARG) vs Adrian Garcia (CHI)
Adrian Ungur (ROM) vs (2)Frederico Gil (POR)

#212 ·
An aesthetically pleasing draw. (The longer I go without tennis, the more superficial I get...I think)

I'd like to see Vinci, Mirnegg, Crivoi and Gimeno Traver in the semi's. Sadly, I am dreaming.

PS. Thanks for locating another Austrian for me! ;)

#214 ·
Vinci won his 2nd round match 6-4 6-3 and is in the QFs, now he has to push forward and make the final and win this tournament like he is capable of.

#215 ·
Vinci defeted Brzezicki and gets his chance to give Montcourt the beat down he should have done last week.

#216 ·
Vinci got revenge on Montcourt 7-6 7-6 and is another final against Chilean Adrian Garcia and now it's time to get the W this time around.

#221 ·
:woohoo: Vinci kicked arse (ass)!

#222 ·
to Vinci finally after so long he has won a title.

#223 ·
http://tv4.se/sport/485615.html

Vinciguerras första vinst på sex år

Andreas Vinciguerra är en vinnare igen. På söndagen tog skåningen sin första titel sedan 2000.
Segern i italienska Manerbios grusturnering kommer i skuggan av US Open och det var förvisso bara en challengerturnering, snäppet under ATP-touren, men för Vinciguerra var den högst betydelsefull. 7-6, 6-1 mot chilenaren Adrian Garcia i finalen, betydde att han i tredje finalen i år tog hem sin första titel. Den var också hans första sedan säsongen 2000.

- Det var kul, min tennis har gått framåt den senaste tiden, jag har fått mycket matcher i kroppen men jag känner samtidigt att jag kan bli ännu bättre, säger den skadedrabbade skåningen till TT.

Vinciguerra som började året rankad 409:a kommer tack vare framgången att klättra ytterligare ett 20-tal placeringar från 183:e till omkring 155:e plats, på nästa veckas rankinglista.

Hans framgångar de senaste veckorna är också av högsta betydelse för svensk tennis. Han får nu ses som ett självskrivet kort som en av de två svenska singelspelarna i Davis Cup-mötet på bortaplan mot Brasilien på just grus, en match som Sverige måste vinna för att hålla sig kvar i elitdivisionen.

- Jag har pratat med Jocke Nyström (assisterande Davis Cup-kaptenen) om den här matchen och det är också därför jag valde att i stället för att kvala till US Open, spela grusturneringar i Italien. Jag vill gärna spela i Davis Cup och det här är en match som vi ska vinna.

Publicerad den 27 augusti 2006 19:45
TT

English Translation:

Vinciguerra first win in 6 years

Andreas Vinciguerra is a winner again. On Sunday the Scanian took his first title since 2000.

The victory in the Italian challenger in Manerbio on clay comes in the shadows of the US Open and it was certainly only a Challenger event, a wee bit under the ATP tour, but for Vinciguerra it was of the highest signifiance. The 7-6 6-1 over Chilean Adrian Garcia in the final, meant that he took home his first title in three finals. It was also his first since the 2000 season.

"It was cool, my tennis had gone ahead recently, I have got many matches in the body, but at the same time I feel I can get even better" said the injury affected Scanian to TT.

Vinciguerra who started the year ranked at 409th and thanks to success is to climb 30 places from 183 to 155 in next weeks rankings.

His successes in the recent weeks are also of the highest importance for Swedish tennis. He is now seen as a natural for one of the two singles spots in the Davis Cup match away against Brazil on clay, a match that Sweden must win to stay in the World Group.

"I have spoken with the assistant Davis Cup captain Joakim Nyström about this match and therefore I chose to play clay challengers in Italy, instead of trying to qualify for the US Open. I would like to play Davis Cup and this is a match which he can win." said Vinciguerra.

#224 ·
:lol: at speaking in the third person... I know, a typo/mistranslation....

That's awesome! Clever boy :) :)

#225 ·
Vinci is back and he is playing in Peggyland aka Düsseldorf.

He is playing the number 1 seed Greul in the first round.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.