Mens Tennis Forums banner

Andreas Vinciguerra

51K views 361 replies 40 participants last post by  Eden 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any pics of him?

#278 ·
DC was a great boost for him, doing so well after so little play. This should give him a boost to play, thanks for the news Jonte.

#282 ·
he will have a hard time...for sure....the time is not stopping...

#285 ·
nice story!!! I really hope...he will play..for longer now...

#289 · (Edited)
ATP Challenger ROME:

(1) ROITMAN, Sergio ARG - BOZOLJAC, Ilia SRB
TENCONI, Tomas ITA - (WC) JANOWICZ, Jerzy POL
(WC) NASO, Gianluca ITA - LORENZI, Paolo ITA
HUTA GALUNG, Jesse NED - (5) GREUL, Simon GER

(3) KOELLERER, Daniel AUT - PRODON, Eric FRA
PATIENCE, Olivier FRA - ZEMLJA, Grega SLO
KLEIN, Brydan AUS - STADLER, Simon GER
QUALIFIER - (6) CRIVOI, Victor ROU

(8) MANNARINO, Adrian FRA - PETRAZZUOLO, Giancarlo ITA
VINCIGUERRA, Andreas SWE - (WC) BRACCIALI, Daniele ITA
RUSSELL, Michael USA - QUALIFIER
ANDERSON, Kevin RSA - (4) DABUL, Brian ARG

(7) VANEK, Jiri CZE - BEMELMANS, Ruben BEL
(WC) DI MAURO, Alessio ITA - QUALIFIER
CRUGNOLA, Marco ITA - QUALIFIER
VOLANDRI, Filippo ITA - (2) ISTOMIN, Denis UZB

#296 ·
Swedish newspaper did an interwiew.

Congratulations!

- Thank you. It was nice to win.

With clear figures, also.

- It was tough at first, but I played good. He couldn 't resist when it became duels.

It was your first match on tour since October 2006. There is no daring guess that you have longed?

- No, it's a blast. Some players were a little PHUT when I showed up. It's fun to meet old friends and play games again. I missed the sense to build up to a match and all that.

You have no cartilage in left knee. How do you feel your body after the game?

- Good. Now I do not train as much as before. I ride my bike, stretch and run a tennis passport of one to two hours. So, I have trained for a long time and it has worked.

You meet Adrian Mannarino in the second round. What do you know about him?

- I have never seen him, know only that he is a lefty.

Before the comeback did you tips of Thomas Johansson. Will he help you to identify the opponents to continue?

- Yes, I can probably send a new sms. Thomas has played against Bracciali and tend to have an eye on those he has met. He replied that he has a good first serve and plays flat. It sued, so I tried to take the height of the balls. It worked. It is perfect to know little about the opponent.

Lastly, what would you like to you most of all right now?

- To all feel good and that the car that will drive me to the hotel is coming soon. We have waited a long time now. This is Italy.

#299 ·
Good to see the man back playing.

#301 ·
He beat Michael Russell 61 61 in Rome:rocker:
Next up is Volandri :-/

#302 ·
woahhhhhhhhh... am i imagining things or has kristen made an appearance in a swedish thread?????? :p

kom igen vinci!!! mr volandri i like you but you MUST LOSE!!!!

#304 ·
Dude, this is the Swede I NEED to come back, in order for me to rediscover the potential of my 'Swedish love' ;)

Annoyed that Dani won the final, but so glad Vinci was in it! Poor Mr Volandri :eek:

#303 ·
Vinci Guerra continues too play good in his comeback. Just outside Rome's center, he defeated today with Italian Filippo Volandri 6-2, 3-6, 6-1 and he is ready for his first Challenger final since September 2006.

- It worked well and he has a better backhand than forehand, so it suited me quite well but it was tough games. Now it Koellerer in the finals and the body is still confused, "says Vinci, which rests next week and will give on ATP-qualifier in Estoril.

- Andreas had a small decline in the second set and invited Volandri little. Otherwise, it was just as well as in the other matches. Final opponent Daniel Köllerer, Austria (ATP # 103) is in good shape, so we look forward to a good final match, "says Fair Play coach Niklas Fjeldstad to the club's website.

The finals of the Rome ATP Challenger ensures Vince 45 ATP points and 2500 Euros. He wins the finals, it is 75 ATP points in the pot. And it is a meritorious victory. Volandri has defeated Federer on clay in Rome just a few years ago.

#306 ·
Estoril Qualification R1:

(1) CUEVAS, Pablo URU vs ROCHETTE, Laurent FRA
(WC) CARVALHO, Rodrigo POR vs MAIO, Joao POR
VINCIGUERRA, Andreas SWE vs MENENDEZ-MACEIRAS, Adrian ESP
JEANPIERRE, Julien FRA vs (5)MELLO, Ricardo BRA

(2) KUKUSHKIN, Mikhail KAZ vs CERMAK, Frantisek CZE
ARNABOLDI, Andrea ITA vs NUNES, Jose-Ricardo POR
SILVERIO, Joao POR vs MARTIN-ADALIA, Pablo ESP
(WC) MENSURADO, Vasco POR vs (6) YANI, Michael USA

(3) HOCEVAR, Ricardo BRA vs SOUSA, Pedro POR
(WC) PASCOAL, Vasco POR vs (WC) CAIADO, Andre POR
GARCIA-RODRIGUEZ, Jose-Manuel ESP vs FALCAO, Goncalo POR
ELIAS, Gastao POR vs (8) EYSSERIC, Jonathan FRA

(4) SWEETING, Ryan USA vs (WC) SILVA, Jose Pedro POR
(WC) PEREIRA, Goncalo POR vs SOUSA, Joao POR
(WC) DAVYDENKO, Philip RUS vs MERTINAK, Michal SVK
TAVARES, Leonardo POR vs (7) VEMIC, Dusan SRB

#307 ·
Vinci is playing with Soderling in this weeks world team cup..
first up against france - although he lost i think it is an excellent result - 64 in the third is very close and considering he was playing such a quality oponent he did really well. lets hope they can win in the doubles and then again in the next round :)

FRANCE vs. SWEDEN 1-1
Gilles SIMON vs. Robin SODERLING 64 26 06
Jo-Wilfried TSONGA vs. Andreas VINCIGUERRA 46 63 64

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.