George Bastl
Jiri Vanek
Jesse Huta Galung
Lukas Dlouhy
Ivo Klec
Rainer Eitzinger
Ivan Dodig

#11 ·
Becker needs to improve if he wants to get far here, but he might be lucky with his draw. Some really poor faults from his part (and too much) but he got his game together in the end. Thomet was playing nice, you really can't expect more from him :yeah:

Przysiezny got broken in the very first game, but played really strong afterwards. Huta Galung just held serve every time to get the first set. This changed in set 2, and Przysiezny seems to win it now.

Next match up for me: Koubek vs Bastl ;) (maybe a little of Dimitrov vs Vanek before...)

#12 ·
What a choke from Przysiezny...he was a break up and then had MP again in the TB. Huta Galung wins 9-7 in 3rd set TB.

I'm off again :wavey:

#24 ·
So I went back to see the 3rd set of Dimitrov vs Vanek. Nice play from Dimitrov, the crowd was supporting him and they got their winner. Vanek should have clinched it actually with his experience, but well..he's a claycourter after all :p Dimitrov was the deserved winner and generally I prefer players who advance to the net from time to time....

Next up was Bastl vs. Koubek but it turned out fast that Koubek still isn't in best shape and Bastl would be able to seal it. Meanwhile on Court 2, Kristof Vliegen was just about to start his match against Minar. An early break brought him the first set, he still was complaining (although in a not too serious manner) about the court and the umpire once or twice..
He managed to break Minar again in the 2nd. Vliegen looked good and he should be able to qualify, looking at the draw (round 3 & LL at least..).
I came back to the Center Court to see the end of Beck vs. Meffert, nothing spectacular there, Meffert throwing around his racket and Beck taking it home.

The last match for me was Sadecky vs Scherrer (who I had seen just before the match and had talked to a little, so I decided to support him here ;)). The first two sets were very tight, the result says it all :p Scherrer playing a lot of S&V, very aggressive on Sadecky's serve as well...that's what made the difference in the end. Sadecky serving a little to slow, Scherrer was able to attack it more than once.
It ended a little after midnight with a max. of about 50 people left in there :tape:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.