Mens Tennis Forums banner

Evgueni KOROLEV - future of Russian tennis

47K views 936 replies 63 participants last post by  {Annie} 
#1 ·
EVGUENI KOROLEV

Date of birth: 14th February 1988
Residence: Moscow

Let me make some prediction - this 17 y.o. guy will be in top20 in 2-3 years :)
This year Jenya won 3 futures - 2 on claycourts and 1 on indoor hard.
Also he was in 1/4 in Freudenstadt and tomorrow will play with Sluiter in 1/4 in Kolding.
This year record is 52-25.
Now he is No. 253 in the world and No. 8 in Russia.

#105 ·
Best of luck vs the Croation Giant!!!!

#106 ·
OddJob said:
Best of luck vs the Croation Giant!!!!
:woohoo: lots of good luck! But Karlovic isn't so good on clay, so Evgeny has a really good shot at this! Davai! :cool:

#112 ·
Awwww I really thought Evgueni would beat Dr. Ivo. :sad: The match looked soooooo close. But this was a positive week. :)

Reactions: Nathaliia
#113 ·
Deea said:
So far, great week for Evgeny! Let's hope he keeps it up! ;) He might play Karlovic in the next round! It's 6-7 7-5 4-2 for him against Davydenko!
i didn't know u know/like him deea:)!:worship:zhenya for this week,even he lost to ivo!

#114 ·
BTW
If this season smb meets Korolev please ask him to give some contact information (e-mail, tel. if possible). We're going to make web-site, so we would like Jenya know about it and give us some info. Of course it will be great if he join this site.
Thanks in advance, friends :)

#115 ·
of course!i only hope he will agree:)!

#116 ·
Russian elephant said:
BTW
If this season smb meets Korolev please ask him to give some contact information (e-mail, tel. if possible). We're going to make web-site, so we would like Jenya know about it and give us some info. Of course it will be great if he join this site.
Thanks in advance, friends :)
we have to go like "hey zhenya! what's your e-mail please? :aplot:"
:lol: :p

#119 ·
:lol:true

#123 ·
top 150 is not enough!climb up jhenya:bounce:!

#124 ·
Just acouple more spots till the top ten. ;)

#125 ·
where is he now?

#126 ·
EVGENY KOROLEV
PERSONAL
Raised in Moscow, practicing mostly with his father/coach Evgeny...Mother, Irena, is a housewife, and spends more time in Germany (Munich) than in Moscow now which is more central and easier to travel to and from...Started learning English at age seven with a private tutor...Has also picked up German since moving to Germany...His brother, Alexey (25), is his best friend and works in Moscow...Officially turned pro in 2005 although he he started playing futures two years ago...He skipped the junior circuit at age 15...Enjoys ice hockey and follows NHL...His idol growing up was Pete Sampras...Admires countryman Marat Safin a lot and still thinks Safin can get back to No.1 when fully fit...Considers favorite shot forehand and favorite surface is hard court, despite winning three futures on clay last year...His aim this season is to improve his ranking as much as possible and break into Top 100, eventually aiming to be in Top 10.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.