Mens Tennis Forums banner

Athletics

8K views 363 replies 27 participants last post by  JMG 
#1 ·
I didnt see any thread about athletics in here and the Words are coming soon so i decied to start one ;)
Well i am (almost)only intetrested with the triple jump :cool:

BTW Does anyone know where i can find some pics from the super gps this year?

#178 ·
Aphex said:
Men's pole vault was also entertaining for the wrong reasons. :lol:
I missed the morning sessions mostly, but get highlights of them and then see the night one live.

Eunice complaining about Klüft that is a big no-no.

#180 ·
Aphex said:
I think only in the 4x400m relay.

So what's the deal with former Norwegian stars as Ingrid Christiansen, Hanne Haugland and Steinar Hoen appearing as experts all the time on Swedish TV?
If I knew that I would have asked you to record the Swedish commmentary for me.

They should get Sjöberg and Hoen in the box that would be fun.

Norwegian athletics is crap and maybe the Swedes can give them more money.

#182 ·
Choupi said:
Instead of complaining, for obviously no reason, she'd better focus on the long jump, to qualify first for the final, and then, try to win the right colour of medal this time! :)
They only how to choke in the big ones. I mean look at Bala, he ran like a muppet my 17yo cousin could have almost beaten him on that effort in the semi.

#183 ·
GeorgeWHitler said:
If I knew that I would have asked you to record the Swedish commmentary for me.

They should get Sjöberg and Hoen in the box that would be fun.

Norwegian athletics is crap and maybe the Swedes can give them more money.
Swedish TV commentators suck mostly. Maybe there are some radio broadcasts on the web? They should be better.

Actually Sjöberg tried that gig and blew it in 97. He almost said nothing and when he did it was boring. He's chasing birds in Recife, Brasil nowadays together with the Ace of Base nazi, Ulf Ekberg.

You still have the javelin.

#184 ·
Aphex said:
Swedish TV commentators suck mostly. Maybe there are some radio broadcasts on the web? They should be better.

Actually Sjöberg tried that gig and blew it in 97. He almost said nothing and when he did it was boring. He's chasing birds in Recife, Brasil nowadays together with the Ace of Base nazi, Ulf Ekberg.

You still have the javelin.
Yes, Thorkildsen qualified and hopefully he can qualify. I saw an English interview with him, he speaks American English better than most Americans.

Thanks for sport magazine and the whole Sjöberg the playboy and I read he was in Brasil, yes it's funny cause I don't think Sjöberg was racist at all, but Ekberg I think I will talk about that in the Swedish thread.

How are Haugland, Hoen and Kristiansen as commentators?

#185 ·
GeorgeWHitler said:
Yes, Thorkildsen qualified and hopefully he can qualify. I saw an English interview with him, he speaks American English better than most Americans.

Thanks for sport magazine and the whole Sjöberg the playboy and I read he was in Brasil, yes it's funny cause I don't think Sjöberg was racist at all, but Ekberg I think I will talk about that in the Swedish thread.

How are Haugland, Hoen and Kristiansen as commentators?
I think Sjöberg and Ekberg are Göteborg playboys thet's why they're together. Sjöberg was/is friends with Sotomayor and he dated a black Cuban long jumper for a while, so I don't think he's racist.

Christiansen and Hoen were good. Haugland's dialect was kinda hard to get. She cried tears of joy when Kajsa won and Emma took bronze. That was a little bit strange, honestly.

#186 ·
GeorgeWHitler said:
They only how to choke in the big ones. I mean look at Bala, he ran like a muppet my 17yo cousin could have almost beaten him on that effort in the semi.
Baala, another one I feel like :armed: he has the talent, he has the means, but not the mental. Do all French competitors suffer the same disease? :confused: They lack asskicking!!!! I'm available if they're looking for someone... :devil:

Djhone hasn't qualified, but this was expected. He told himself his preparation wasn't over and he even thought about not competing. At least one who is honest! Otherwise, I would have written the 400m on my list today!

Barber is a fighter, but she has to focus now on the long jump. And only 2 days after the end of heptathlon, I suppose it's hard for all those who still have the heavy legs...

#187 ·
Aphex said:
I think Sjöberg and Ekberg are Göteborg playboys thet's why they're together. Sjöberg was/is friends with Sotomayor and he dated a black Cuban long jumper for a while, so I don't think he's racist.

Christiansen and Hoen were good. Haugland's dialect was kinda hard to get. She cried tears of joy when Kajsa won and Emma took bronze. That was a little bit strange, honestly.
Sotomayor has his own salsa band now and yes Patrik is a big playboy and if it wasn't for him, there wouldn't be all the Swedish high jumpers coming through now.

Haugland is from Haugesund and they have an interesting dialect there and she was going out with Håkan Sarnblom the 2nd best jumper after Hoen. Perhaps Hanne likes Kajsa, then again she wouldn't be the first. :)

#189 ·
I thought the mens 400m good today,

looks like the brits are finally getting some luck, Tim Benjamin of Britain was the quickest being the only to run sub-45 seconds. He was even quicker than Wariner the olympic Champion!

#192 ·
Felix Sanchez making the final with a fractured foot, what a warrior he is and the 3k steeple should be good as long as someone who still wants to represent Kenya wins then all the better and not one of the money athletes running for Qatar.

#193 ·
:haha: Its actually pissing it down in Finland, no athletics on atm!!!

#194 ·
Gee guys. What a weather in Helsinki! :eek: I wonder if there'll be any competition tonight.
Here in Tallinn, 80 km across the Baltic Sea, it doesn't rain yet. But the winds have been strong the whole day and ships are not going out to the sea.

#195 ·
I was wondering why we were granted the replay of what has taken place this morning...I just came back home, well, to be more precise, I rushed back home from the garden, just to not miss the 3k steeple and I've been surprised to see the heats of the 200m! I was about to insult Eurosport, once again, but it seems that this time, they're innocent! :)

Too sad, I really wanted to see some live events. :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.