Mens Tennis Forums banner

Athletics

8K views 363 replies 27 participants last post by  JMG 
#1 ·
I didnt see any thread about athletics in here and the Words are coming soon so i decied to start one ;)
Well i am (almost)only intetrested with the triple jump :cool:

BTW Does anyone know where i can find some pics from the super gps this year?

#105 ·
I didn't like the ladies 10,000m last night. The ethiopians 200m pace at the end :eek:The dibaba sisters were so strong

I really wanted Paula, Sun Yingjie or Huina Xing to win

I want Kim Collins to win 100m :D

the ladies triple jump final tonight :bounce: I want qiuyan huang or the cuban girl yargelis savigne to win

#110 ·
Kom igjen Klüft, she'd have to be better over 800m and should win her title.

I love it the old man Lars Riedel has made another discus final, he won't win, but one of the few German athletes I like.

#111 ·
Choupi said:
It seems she's been injured during warming-up...that's what commentators said. Don't know more. :shrug:
She tried to take a warm up jump and had no chance and didn't start the competition. There were a few surprises in that event.

#112 ·
GeorgeWHitler said:
I love it the old man Lars Riedel has made another discus final, he won't win, but one of the few German athletes I like.
Didn't he suffer from some back injury just before the WC? I've seen him interviewed yesterday, after the qualies. It was in German, but he has such an accent and the loudspeakers were partly covering his voice...so I've had some trouble getting what he was saying to Heike Drechsler (correct sp?...). What I have understood for sure is that given the situation (which one? the back injury?) he was very happy to reach the final.

#113 ·
TheBoiledEgg said:
mens 100m final today :yawn:
100m used to be a great event.

now there are no greats, its heavily tainted, and too many big-mouthed idiots (esp from US) who think they are better than everyone else.
Yes, well there has always been drugs in sprints and as for the 100m as long as an American doesn't win that is good.

Crawford calls himself "Cheetah Man", what a dickhead he is.

#114 ·
Choupi said:
Didn't he suffer from some back injury just before the WC? I've seen him interviewed yesterday, after the qualies. It was in German, but he has such an accent and the loudspeakers were partly covering his voice...so I've had some trouble getting what he was saying to Heike Drechsler (correct sp?...). What I have understood for sure is that given the situation (which one? the back injury?) he was very happy to reach the final.
omg his terrible accent! even i have problems to understand him :haha: :haha:
yes he is very happy to reach the final with over 66 m (season best for him) and he wants to try for a medal. this guy is great, 38 years old, 8th world chmpionship and still able to compete.

#115 ·
fabolous said:
Well thanks for pointing this out! I was starting to wonder if my German abilities were still worth! :D
yes he is very happy to reach the final with over 66 m (season best for him) and he wants to try for a medal. this guy is great, 38 years old, 8th world chmpionship and still able to compete.
I don't know much about him, because I'm not what you could call a fan of discus...but it's such a long time since I'm hearing his name when I'm watching athletics on tv...And knowing that he's 38 only adds to my admiration! :)

#116 ·
fabolous said:
Lars is a cool guy even though he looks like Al Bundy from the TV series "Married with Children." Isn't he from Zwickau or somewhere like this?

Dreschler speaking English is interesting as well.

#117 ·
GeorgeWHitler said:
Dreschler speaking English is interesting as well.
Heike speaks rather good French but I prefer when she speaks in English...that's easier for me to understand. That's always the case for German ppl who speak average French, that's pretty hard at first because of the influence of German pronunciation. But I say :yeah: for the effort made!

Well, we know now who's gonna have the right to compete for the crown of the 100m...I'm happy as well as disappointed. I so much wished Pognon to reach the final. But he's young, he's got time to improve. I was worried for Kim Collins, he's kinda reassured me. Though I fear he has hardly any chance of medal tonight. He's the one I'm gonna cheer for, together with Burns. Oh, don't repeat it but I prefer Kim when he has a beard, like he had yesterday! I know, nothing to do with the race but hey, who said it had to be only those kinds of comments? :p

Mutola has impressed me in the 800m semi. I have to admit I didn't expect her to reach the final. Glad that she's proven me wrong. :)

#118 ·
Congratulations Carolina for taking the gold and Eunice for the silver. Wrong tactic choice in the 800m for Eunice, which has been lethal to her. But special award to those 2 for their fairplay all through the competition. Seeing Carolina clapping her hands with the crowd, as Eunice was asking for some support before her last javelin throw must stay as an example! :p

#119 ·
Hehe, I just have to say it here - our young Gerd Kanter (I think he's 23 or smth) took silver in the discus competition. :woohoo: :yippee: :woohoo: :yippee: :woohoo: :yippee:
Virgilius Alekna from Lithuania was too good. I like to watch Alekna throw discus, usually it looks so smooth and beautiful. :hearts: He got scrared for a moment by Kanter's result but made a great final attempt. :D I'm happy with the outcome as Alekna deserved the title, he is also more experienced. Great competition. Just as the women't hepathlon. Congrats to Karolina Klüft. :D

#121 ·
Collins did 3rd!!!!! :banana: A big thank you to him for making his bronze medal and his reaction of joy- as he told himself he was only a possible outsider when interviewed before the final!!!- with the so bright smile that makes me fall! :D

#124 ·
fantastic efforts from klüft, gatlin, alekna! a pleasure to watch! and kim collins, omg what a fighter he is :yeah: poor lars riedel, but we have other strong discus men, too :D

george, the "cheetah man" crawford didn't make the final ;)

#126 ·
Gatlin well he was too good and Collins came through when least expected, which was good. Darrel Brown what a choker he is, just like Pognon, got to turn up at the big ones, it's easy enough to run in the races with no pressure. That's why I am disappointed Powell was not there, but Gatlin too good.

I am sad for Lars, but he has won so much and big Virgilius pulled out the huge throw when needed and Kanter was very happy and it's good that a small country like Estonia won something.

The Jamaican girl in the triple jump who jumped 14, 91 when 40cm behind the board, that was tough set of jumps and I see Lebedva pulled out. I almost missed that distinctive hair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.