Mens Tennis Forums banner

Any info?

823 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Angel21 
#1 ·
I know we'll only know later about who will be at the Olympics this year but i was wondering if anyone had any info about any players... Has anyone said he'd be there or not?

Thanks

#2 ·
Yes,

Arnaud Ségodo from Benin
Marcos Baghdatis from Cyprus
Angelique Widjaja from Indonesia
Dally Randriantefy from Madagascar

They were all granted special wild cards, for the other players it is just mere speculation at this point. It would be easier to make a list of players that are sure to NOT play, because they have said they don't want to (e.g. Sjeng Schalken).

#3 ·
CooCooCachoo said:
Yes,

Arnaud Ségodo from Benin
Marcos Baghdatis from Cyprus
Angelique Widjaja from Indonesia
Dally Randriantefy from Madagascar

They were all granted special wild cards, for the other players it is just mere speculation at this point. It would be easier to make a list of players that are sure to NOT play, because they have said they don't want to (e.g. Sjeng Schalken).

Thanks a lot... do you know about any other players who have announced they were not going for sure?

#4 ·
Well, Kim Clijsters isn't playing either. I don't know much about other players, but it shouldn't be too hard to look up some schedules on the official sites. Tim Henman probably is playing, by the way.

#5 ·
CooCooCachoo said:
Well, Kim Clijsters isn't playing either. I don't know much about other players, but it shouldn't be too hard to look up some schedules on the official sites. Tim Henman probably is playing, by the way.
Cool, thanx again...
What do you mean by official sites? the players official sites or the Olympics official site...
What about the dates? When will there be some kind of announcement about who's playing?

#9 ·
If I recall correctly, Lleyton Hewitt said he won't play (along with his GF...)

The entries are due to be announced in late June.

#10 ·
Selection Date
International computer rankings of 14 June 2004 will be used to select players eligible
for Direct Acceptance in singles and doubles.
Entry Deadlines
1 April ’04 –National Associations to return completed Entry forms,endorsed by each
NOC,to the ITF
17 June ’04 –ITF to inform National Associations/NOCs of players eligible for direct
acceptance and sends out application form for ITF places
28 June ’04 –National Associations/NOCs to confirm the entry of players eligible for
direct acceptance and to return application form for ITF places
5 July ’04 –ITF to confirm to National Association/NOCs the allocation of ITF places
21 July ’04 –NOCs to submit entry forms to Athens 2004 Organising Committee

#11 ·
#12 ·
Some players said they'd be there including Amelie Mauresmo, Andy Roddick (he even wants to play doubles there) and Marat Safin.
I think I saw the announcement date will be on June 17th (which is not in a long time) even if they're taking the international computer rankings of June 14th.
So not too long until we know....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.