tennis players and their children - Page 117 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-23-2015, 02:44 AM   #1741
country flag chico

chico has a reputation beyond reputechico has a reputation beyond reputechico has a reputation beyond reputechico has a reputation beyond reputechico has a reputation beyond reputechico has a reputation beyond reputechico has a reputation beyond reputechico has a reputation beyond reputechico has a reputation beyond reputechico has a reputation beyond reputechico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tennis players and their children

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Djokovic is trying to pull a Beyoncé and not show his baby's face.
Sure you got it right. Why do people have to attack and bash Novak even in threads like these.
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2015, 04:36 AM   #1742
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico View Post
Sure you got it right. Why do people have to attack and bash Novak even in threads like these.
It's a fair comment for some of the other pics Novak and Jelena have themselves posted. This one, I think is just a random shot, though.

If you don't want your baby's photos shown in public, then don't post pics of baby from behind and stuff like that. Just don't post any baby photos at all, rather than teasing people: "here I am holding my baby, but you only get to see the back of his head!". You're just encouraging people to try to get a photo of the face, because you're kind of making it a game.
Old Yesterday, 05:41 AM   #1743
country flag bobbynorwich

bobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirata. View Post
Djokovic is trying to pull a Beyoncé and not show his baby's face.
Alternately, perhaps the kid is quite ugly or has facial defects which Djokovic wants to hide ...
bobbynorwich is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:19 AM   #1744
country flag NovakFan79

NovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond repute

If Federer had hid his children away the comments would have been 'isn't he perfect' and 'so classy.' Vomit inducing in other words.
NovakFan79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM   #1745
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakFan79 View Post
If Federer had hid his children away the comments would have been 'isn't he perfect' and 'so classy.' Vomit inducing in other words.
take your stan behind back to Novak's subforum
Old Yesterday, 10:10 PM   #1746
country flag NovakFan79

NovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond reputeNovakFan79 has a reputation beyond repute

Err, no
NovakFan79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM   #1747
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
It's a fair comment for some of the other pics Novak and Jelena have themselves posted. This one, I think is just a random shot, though.

If you don't want your baby's photos shown in public, then don't post pics of baby from behind and stuff like that. Just don't post any baby photos at all, rather than teasing people: "here I am holding my baby, but you only get to see the back of his head!". You're just encouraging people to try to get a photo of the face, because you're kind of making it a game.
That's merely speculation and an interpretation of it. Djokovic shares quite a bit from his private life, shares pictures with all family members except the baby. So he likes to give fans some look at his private life on social media. They're all adults, he has their consent, he doesn't have the baby's consent to put his pictures all over the internet. Unlike most people sharing baby photos on their Instagram with friends, Djokovic's will be available on google images forever. It's quite possible Djokovic just wants to share that relationship from time to time with his fans (like all his others) while not being responsible for sharing images the child gave no permission for and may not be happy with later on. He could feel weird acknowledging every family member at some point bar his son on any of his social medias. Since he was born, Djokovic has posted plenty of photos with family with the baby nowhere in sight.

There was even an article on the NDF website a while back about not having babies' and young children's consent for posting their photos on the internet on things like Instagram (and that was just for non famous people). It's quite possible Djokovic would like to share a photo of the baby but is afraid it might upset him later, (he doesn't know the child's personality) and so compromises with this the odd time. But yeah, let's go the cynical route...
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #1748
country flag Paolo Pinkel

Paolo Pinkel has a reputation beyond reputePaolo Pinkel has a reputation beyond reputePaolo Pinkel has a reputation beyond reputePaolo Pinkel has a reputation beyond reputePaolo Pinkel has a reputation beyond reputePaolo Pinkel has a reputation beyond reputePaolo Pinkel has a reputation beyond reputePaolo Pinkel has a reputation beyond reputePaolo Pinkel has a reputation beyond reputePaolo Pinkel has a reputation beyond reputePaolo Pinkel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The reason why they post these pics is because they show a side of their private life, not of their kid's.
The kid doesn't really have much to do it with, it's about their experience as parents. Get it?

And about this "try to get a photo" stuff - in every civilzed country it's not allowed to simply publish/post pictures of children - even if it's the next Dalai Lama. It's simply not allowed.
The "public interest" rule does not apply here.
And if you're some weirdo who by chance makes a pic of the kid and posts it on Twitter and thinks he's lucky because he's not a regular journo, just some lucky dude: be alarmed, you might be in trouble quite soon.

Last but not least, I think it's funny that you take some weird Web 2.0 rules and try to explain to people how they have to live their lives according to these rules. Not going into detail here, I just found it a funny observation how you actually define this random media reality as some kind of actual reality.
Old Today, 06:14 AM   #1749
country flag bobbynorwich

bobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond reputebobbynorwich has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Spyglass View Post
That's merely speculation and an interpretation of it. Djokovic shares quite a bit from his private life, shares pictures with all family members except the baby. So he likes to give fans some look at his private life on social media. They're all adults, he has their consent, he doesn't have the baby's consent to put his pictures all over the internet. Unlike most people sharing baby photos on their Instagram with friends, Djokovic's will be available on google images forever. It's quite possible Djokovic just wants to share that relationship from time to time with his fans (like all his others) while not being responsible for sharing images the child gave no permission for and may not be happy with later on. He could feel weird acknowledging every family member at some point bar his son on any of his social medias. Since he was born, Djokovic has posted plenty of photos with family with the baby nowhere in sight.

There was even an article on the NDF website a while back about not having babies' and young children's consent for posting their photos on the internet on things like Instagram (and that was just for non famous people). It's quite possible Djokovic would like to share a photo of the baby but is afraid it might upset him later, (he doesn't know the child's personality) and so compromises with this the odd time. But yeah, let's go the cynical route...
Rather a contorted explanation, more likely using Occam's razor simplest reasoning --- it's that the kid is just plain ugly.

bobbynorwich is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:16 AM   #1750
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbynorwich View Post
Rather a contorted explanation, more likely using Occam's razor simplest reasoning --- it's that the kid is just plain ugly.

you should get psychiatric help.
Criticize Djokovic all you want but stop hating on the infant.
Old Today, 08:00 AM   #1751
country flag Amber Spyglass

Location: "I think we are in rats alley,where the dead men lost their bones"
Amber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond reputeAmber Spyglass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
you should get psychiatric help.
Criticize Djokovic all you want but stop hating on the infant.
I'm sure the child will be gutted to hear he was called ugly by a guy who doesn't even know what he looks like. Much more so, than people saying his father was using him for attention and a bit of suspense/drama.
Amber Spyglass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:32 PM   #1752
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Since everyone feels free to express their reasoning of why the Djokovics not showing the face of Stefan, I am putting my 2 cents here.

Djokovic has been saying how happy he is being a parent and how important Stefan is to him, so it's normal for the proud parents wanting to show off their child. At the same time, they are not comfortable in showing the face of Stefan which is very reasonable in this internet age. So the compromise is just showing pics of his back,head or legs. Being a parent myself, I definitely will prefer this.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote