Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I don't play now, but have in the past

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • I have never played tennis

Votes: 2 4.3%

Do you actually play tennis?

5K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  emotion 
#1 ·
I've been reading the forums for quite a few years (haven't posted much in the past though) but was always interested in how many of the posters here actually actively play the game. From a lot of the over-opinionated tripe that we have to endure on a regular basis you'd think the percentage would be quite high.

However I have a sneaky suspicion that there are a lot of "arm chair warriors" on here. Poll should help shed some light.

I try and play at least twice a week.

#12 ·
once a week, with no skills, just for fun :tennis:

#15 ·
I have a hit now and then during the holidays.

#16 ·
Yeah, used to play 3-4 times a week, when I was little after school I went to play every day. My knee has gone to hell so I cant play anymore, atleast not without cirurgy and no sex aswell since I broke up with my girlfriend, life sucks.

#24 ·
wow, so much tennis. Allez must have a six-packed muscle :drink: :drink:

#33 ·
Epic slice, not too bad a Federer backhand-impersonation, serve best not mentioned; very effective slice; pathetic forehand

Ye, I'd make a decent sub-100 WTA player :p

#34 ·
I have developed a good slice. Both b/h and f/h and I can direct it down the line as well which pleases me no end because that took me forever to master. Decent serve, although I can never quite hit the target. Down the T is on the deuce court and out wide on the ad court are my faves. Backhand - single handed for offensive shots and double handed for defence. Could never master playing defensively with the single hander so the double hander was the only option to cut down the number of unforced errors. I can now crunch the ball cross court with a double handed backhand though my down the line is pretty weak so to go for a winner there I have to revert back to the single hander which is probably my most explosive shot. Forehand is really good. There isn't one shot I struggle with on that wing. Love creating insane angles going cross court. Net play is decent...not great by any means. Transition game needs a lot of work but I'm getting there :yeah:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.