Mens Tennis Forums banner

Alex Bolt

42K views 253 replies 38 participants last post by  TNX1.0E6TOPCA 
#1 ·
The next Chris Guccione or Carsten Ball.

#4 ·
They only have the 2009 ones listed at the moment.

#5 ·
Yes he is, the reason i made a thread for him was i saw his junior results and after two tournamnets thats pretty good got to a semi final in Northern Territory and lost to Luke Saville 6-2 6-3, but he also played a darwin tournament and made the final. Also he lives in the same town as me Murray Bridge South Australia.

He has played two future tournaments in Australia, at Esperance and Kalgollie but he lost first round in both but he still is capable of very good things.

#8 ·
I too live in Murray bridge and happen to be good friends with Bolty, he just recently went into the qualifying for the junior Australian Open and lost first round to Jea Moon Lee of Australia.
He is back in Murray Bridge and is getting to leave for Canberra to the AIS in a few days. Where he will go to Turkey, Junior Wimbledon and French Open.

#7 ·
He is playing in a Australian junior tournament this week, but his in the qualifying up against Jarryd Chaplin, they've played once before that went to bolt in three sets.

#9 ·
and your name would be?

#11 ·
I've been wondering as well. He really doesn't seem to have any results that make him such a standout.

#13 ·
Sorry if he isn't that good. But i know that there is better juniors in australia then him but he still is an alright junior. He made a final and a semi final in his only two juniors tournaments last year. He also qualified for an Australian future tournament where he lost to Daniel King-Turner 6-0 6-0. Not the greatest result but still in a main draw is ok. His only 16 still got plenty of time to impress people like you.

He is going to play in Roland Garros and Wimbledon juniors, so hopefully he can qualify. I don't know when he will play next but i will hopefully find out some time this week.

#14 ·
So that means any one 18 + need to be top 185 ATP. , I think it said in papers to get into AIS , the " pinnacle program in Australia," to be eligible for funding.
Yet 16 year olds can get in with barely any results.?

How on earth can that be. Is this the easy to follow pathway Tiley is talking about in papers yesterday ? When only a couple of years ago this age group who are 18 + now were deemed to young for AIS and needed exceptional results to get in.

Talk about change the goal posts. How can any one follow Tennis Australia's pathway and set long term goals. ? If they need some financial or coaching help.?

#15 ·
Since when is Tiley/TA consistent or "easy to follow". Obviously the "results orientated program" that he touted as you have to have the results don't apply to some.

I will not waste time talking about a junior that probably doesn't deserve a thread as he doesn't appear to have any results. Let's hope we can talk about him in the future - when he deserves it.

#19 ·
Hey Aiden do you know when Alex makes his start to the year in juniors other than the Australian Open and Taralgon, let us know.

#21 ·
Well thats crap, but do you know what tournaments they were. I think he needs to play a few asian grade 3 or 4 this year then try get into Roland Garros and Wimbledon.

Also he has just been mentioned on the Tennis.com.au website about the juniors who have just got into the AIS in Canberra.

And Aiden (Nadal16) tell us everything you know about his career.

#22 ·
He was supposed to go to Turkey for a senior tournament, then pretty sure Roland Garros and junior wimbledon. When he went to Taralgon he had a hit with world number 9 Fernando Verdasco, then got asked to hit with him again the next day, they played a set and Alex won the first service game then lost the set 6-1.

#24 ·
Juniors, i know Nadal16. I spoke to him today and he said that Alex was going to Asia in march but hes not sure what tournaments. Nadal16 is really good friends with Alex so i always ask him where he is playing.

#25 ·
Alex Bolt is going to play back to back tournaments in Melbourne, but he is going to play tournaments at Homebush before that. Some of the players that are playing in Sydney are Mark Richards, Dane Propoggia and Andrew McLeod. In Melbourne these are some of the players in that tournament are Daniel Guccione, Nathan Lemke, Luke Saville, Andrew McLeod, Mark Richards and Jordan Szabo.

Alex has just hurt his ankle playing Cricket but im not yet sure if it is that serious, hoping not bad good luck Alex Bolt.

#26 ·
He did roll his ankle whilst playing cricket with some of the guys at the AIS. He wont be playing much tennis in the next 6 weeks, he's had an operation on his elbow and out for 6 weeks. While he was serving at practice he said it was hurting so he went to physio and they sent him to the doctor and found a fracture! Had his op the other day went well, and got home today for a week then goes back to AIS.

#27 ·
Bolty is back playing. Its his first tournament since the Junior Aus Open. The tourney is a AMT in Gosford, he is the 13th seed he had a really tough first round match up with Jay Andrijic he wn 6-4 6-2, if he wins tomorrow then he will meet top 500 player Adam Feeney in the third round, hope he can put up a good performance.

Also another thing worth mentioning is that Alex played Jay at the Under 16s optus championships last year and lost 6-4 6-4, very good come back from that. Good Luck tomorrow and for the rest of the tournament. I'll update his result from tomorrow matches some time tomorrow night.

#28 ·
Alex today played two matches first one was against Alex Silock and he won 6-4 6-1, then he played top 500 play Adam Feeney and lost 6-3 6-2 disappointing loss for him, but not a bad come back from injury, good luck in Woolongong.

#29 ·
Alex is playing in Wollongong at the moment and played Ryan Frawley first round and won 6-2 6-2, then played Dale Sutherland and won 8-1, he next plays Chris Biro and if he wins that he'll play Adam Feeney in the quarters if they both win.

#30 ·
Alex's Future Results this year -

Netherlands F2
Q1 Bye
Q2 Sean Berman USA 6-4 7-5
Q3 Philippe Oudshoorn NED 4-6 2-6

Germany F8
Q1 Jeremy Vogt FRA 6-1 6-3
Q2 Steffan Gieraths GER 6-0 6-3
Q3 Chris Klinglemann USA 5-7 1-6

Australia F5
Q1 Brendan McKenzie AUS 4-6 2-6

Australia F6
Q1 Bye
Q2 Naoki Takeda JPN 6-2 6-4
Q3 Andrew Thomas AUS 4-6 6-4 4-6

Australia F7
Q1 Alex Pattison AUS 7-6 6-7 6-0
Q2 Jonathan Cooper AUS 6-2 3-6 3-6

Australia F8
R1 Andrew Gregory GBR 7-5 6-2
R2 Dayne Kelly AUS 6-7 2-6

He is playing Patrick Ganet of Australia in the first round of qualies in Aus F9, if he wins that then he plays Isaac Frost who i believe Alex can beat, good luck Alex.

#32 ·
Alex is currently playing in the qualies at Loy Yang Power Traralgon International.

Alex Bolt vs Matt Roso 6-7(5) 6-0 6-3

In the second round of qualies he is playing the number seven seed Kazuma Kawachi ranked at 119 in the juniors he is leading 6-1, wouldn't be surprised if he qualified and did some damage in the main draw, hope he gets a WC into the junior Aus Open.

#33 ·
Alex won that match 6-1 7-5 in the end, he then played another seeded player in the final round of qualies and won 6-0 6-7 10-8. He will play 15th seed world number 30 Mathias Wunner of Germany would be great if he was to win this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.