Mens Tennis Forums banner

Grigor " The Great " in 2013 (General thread)

42K views 615 replies 42 participants last post by  FedererBulgaria 
#1 ·
So the new season is about to start,we all have great expectations ,lets hope 2013 will be his breakthrough year!In Grigor we believe :worship:

We start with Brisbane,Grisho will face Brian Baker in the 1st round !Best of luck ,Champ!

See less See more
#2 ·
Grigor Dimitrov/Kei Nishikori def. Denis Istomin/Mikhail Elgin 7-6(5) 4-6 [10-7].

Next up: the winners of the match between Rochus/Stepanek - Harrison/Baker :)

I saw that Hypnotize posted the result in the "Grigor schedule - 2013" thread, but we should comment his matches in here or in the "Grigor in Australia" thread :)

#3 ·
Thanks kr1s71an, I was too lazy to start a new thread although in my defense, I got up early to watch his doubles match.

It was a bit of a scrappy match but Grigor played well for the most part and hit some very nice volleys. The ROS still needs some work but his serve was good and he was always looking to come into the net. They only dropped serve at the end of the 2nd set because Kei's serve was quite weak and he stayed on the baseline behind his 2nd serve which gave his opponents too many opportunities to attack it.

#4 ·
Dimitrov-Baker is fourth match on Court 2, so there won't be any livestream :( I think it will start around 7-8 a.m. CET :) Go Grisho!

#6 ·
Grigor won the first set 6-3 :)

Happy new year guys!!!

#7 ·
Grigor won 6-3 7-6(8)!!!

The second set tibreak was crazy! Grigor got the minibreak for 3-2 and lost it immediately. Then Baker had a minibreak advantage and two set points at 4-6. Grigor saved them, at 6-6 he lost his serve again and saved another one. At 7-8 he saved Baker's forth set point, then the american double faulted and Grigor managed to win with his first match point :)

#12 ·
i discovered Grigor in Brisbane today and REALLY enjoyed watching him - thinking he's going to be a new favourite for me :D

#14 ·
well i don't know anything about his game usually but I was definitely impressed. gorgeous single handed backhand and he kept super cool under pressure in the tiebreak. even when baker had set points on his serve it didnt phase him. and he behaved nicely - no fighting with the umpires or line judges or anything. and after the match he picked up a small girl for a photo with her (it was kids day) so overall i really like him!!

#18 ·
Yes it will be streamed :) But I think that court has only one camera. If you had watched the doubles match, you'll know what I', talking about :) BTW Grigor will play tomorrow two matches. Dimitrov/Nishikori - Peers/Smith is third match on court 2 (only livescore there).

#22 ·
ill be at both matches today. court 1 has 1 camera but its not the best angle - its a bit high. court 2 has no cameras so very sorry to those who wont get to see! ill try and cheer loudly!

Reactions: Mae
#24 ·
Grigor won the first set 6-3!!! Come on Grigor!!!

Now the score is 3-4 in the second and Grigor has won 100% of his 1st serve for now - 22/22 :)

#25 ·
Grigor won 6-3 6-4!!!! COME ON!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.