Mens Tennis Forums banner

Articles, videos, news... about French tennis

62K views 510 replies 45 participants last post by  carlota07 
#1 · (Edited)
We said last time it would be good to have a general thread for things which don't fit in one player forum in particular.

I see the "New Musketeers" video is online:
http://player.canalplus.fr/#/219646

There were also a lot of links posted in the player forums lately, similar videos about Seb, Arnaud, Mika, Fabrice & Co. 2 years ago, the doc about the Mouratoglou Academy, etc.

#188 ·
Some people on WLT were talking about it. They mentionned Richard being interviewed and explaining his defense, Gilles walking in the streets of Paris and not being recognised which seemed to amuse him a lot (he should come to walk around my place :() and Jo being manhandled by his physio in a very relaxed manner... I don't know what they meant by that :lol:

#193 ·
I uploaded it on Megaupload since some people told me it wasn't working for them:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=97XRPV3Y

They try to salvage the whole thing by showing Gaël clowning around at the end to make us forget how boring the rest was!
Gaël is the star indeed, as for me I loved his superb one-handed BH :worship: and the Bolt impression. But shame on them for the horribly boring Roland-Garros part.

Richard in Rome is quite nice too, but poor, poor him having to spend his time with the grandpas of the Variétés Club... :help:

I'm really not a fan of the now inevitable sequence of the coach talking to his player, it always sounds so fake.
And I was shocked to see Gilles being so happy to have won a set *in training*... He jokes about it, but Tulasne himself says a little bit later "I saw you wanted so badly to win that set". Gosh, he's really desperate. :sobbing:

#195 ·
Just out of curiosity I thought to check out this thread to see what was the topic you'd be discussing in the middle of the night. And this
(They show Nico D., Irina!)
was the very last possible thing I expected to find out.

Françoise, this is surely one of the most priceless findings I've ever seen on MTF. MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!! :hug: J'espère que j'aurai l'occasion de te rendre la pareille. I never check Canal+ because the most of their videos are anyway available in France only. So I guess if not you I'd miss it out, and it's such a unique, historic and nice reportage!

#203 ·
Yes, somehow I got it (actually the only thing I'm not quite sure about is Nico's phrase after "autograph session"). I just didn't pay attention to it at first as I was watching it in a hurry. So thanks for pointing it out, Marco is very sweet (and hopefully right as well :))
I was coming to post the article from L'equipe mag. It's not very interesting but i found it quite nice :angel:. I post all the article even about the girls.
Thank you! It's indeed quite nice :)

#197 ·
Yes, Gaël once again saves the day :lol: he's the real star of the series. I think Jo is pretty much uncomfortable with the cameras following him and he doesn't give much to them, which is understandable. Gilles is better but still not very relaxed. Richard is even more at ease with them, but Gaël is the best :inlove:
The RG stuff was boring, except for his interviews. He looks absolutely gorgeous there :awww:

On that Wimbledon mag Fran posted, at the very end they visited Jo's house in Wimbledon. Poor boy, he was so shy and embarrassed about his room being all messy and the plates in the kitchen being all over the place :lol: he said he was always making food himself because he enjoys it. It changes from the likes of Federer or Blake who admitted not being able to only put pasta on the fire :lol:

On the previous Wim mag from 2 days ago, they did the same thing with Gillou's flat in London, but it's not online yet.

#199 · (Edited)
Yes, I don't know why they started having the Mag online in the middle of the tournament only. Since the focus clearly is on the French players, it would have been more interesting to see the first days!
I saw there is an article about the Frenchies in Wimbledon in L'Equipe Mag today, but nothing interesting, I guess?

Et c'est "off topic" ici puisque c'est pas sur les Français, juste en français, mais je viens de voir qu'il y avait un article pas mal hier dans Le Temps sur l'argent sur le circuit:
http://www.letemps.ch/Page/Uuid/e3fc4670-61c7-11de-a6ab-149eb30317c8|0
"Ce que rapporte le tennis, de la star au smicard" - Christian Despont
Je sais pas s'il faut s'inscrire pour lire l'article, mais c'est gratuit de toute manière.

Attachments

#208 · (Edited)
Since we were talking about it per PM, I found this old pic of Mathieu during his INSEP time with the other guys. You can see Jo, Gaël, Josse...

But you probably know it already since it was on Cécile's website about Jo. (She also had pics of Mathieu with Jo, Gaël and Gilles at that "ATP University" in Disneyworld a couple of years ago.)

That was a nice moment too with Gaël on Philippe Chatrier in 2006:

The pic of the last Saint-Cyprien training camp with Mathieu in the middle:

In the 3rd episode of the Mousquetaires, Jo is practicing with Mathieu in Roland when Leconte starts giving Jo a tennis lesson!

And he was a good friend of many Challenger players, Laurent Recouderc, ERV... They all must be so shocked.

#210 ·
Finally great news ! :p
Comment le sais-tu ?

#211 ·
An article about frenchies in NY. It deals with the problem to train when you're not a seed only 45 minutes :eek: that's why everbody try to train with a seed otherwise to have more time you have to train before 10 am. It also deals with the now famous restaurant they take their breakfast Au Bon Pain cos it's too expensive in the hotel. They reported about the match of Guez in qualies cheered by Clement - De Chaunac - Ouanna. It's very warm in NY since everybody is shirtless Jo trained with Ferrer - Gael is OK - Gilles have some rest.

#213 ·
Is Laurent Raymond now Ouanna's coach? The article says Raymond (who was Montcourt's coach) is there with Ouanna and Recouderc, is it just for a training session?
Ouanna used to be coached by Potier, but there might have been some changes over the summer.

#215 ·
According last chronic of De Chaunac in Tennis Mag Potier was the coach of Marco et Josselin in LA at the end of july. Since i don't know. But the frenchies with their coachs :rolleyes: For exemple what's happen with Peyre ? Mahut and Devilder has already leave Lagardere or not ? They're coachless ?

#214 ·
Interesting. Thanks.
Not easy for non seeded players...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.