Mens Tennis Forums banner

The Magic Monfils Brotherhood ===<--@

39K views 1K replies 48 participants last post by  tennisace 
#1 · (Edited)
To avoid the confusion andhave some fun during the winter break, let's write a few sentences about ourselves. I guess I am not the right person to start, but the hell why not ;)

My "artistic nickname" is Nathaliia M. and Natalia is my real name, so it isn't far from the truth. I come from Poland, I study in Wrocław (at Law Faculty) and I'm 20 years old. I like tennis from 1999 since I have seen Marcelo Rios of course... Oh, actually the first match I saw was between Fernando Meligeni and Tim Henman... I was surprised about the doubles corridor, why the linesmen shouted "out".

Anyways... my faves now are (of course, I will always admire Rios and Meligeni!) from the first row: Gael Monfils, David Nalbandian, Guillermo Coria (for his magic), Jarkko Nieminen and from the second row I have so many favourites that it's hard to mention them all, but how would I be able to forget about Juan Martin del Potro, Michael Ryderstedt or Santiago Giraldo, or the Polish players Marcin Matkowski and Mariusz Fyrstenberg.

I like writing... the air-mail letters (yeaaah ;) )... and the stories... and I like writing about tennis... I worked in a press office in Szczecin challenger and Aachen challenger (Germany), and it looks I will work in Wrocław and it looks I may work for... (OK... things are not confirmed, nevermind).

I like long night walks and I don't care it may e not safe :rolleyes:. I like good music... different kinds as long as it's good and has melody or the climate... my fave bands these days are System of a Down, Placebo, Starsailor, Katatonia, The Killers, Garbage, HIM, Apocalyptica, Die Toten Hosen, Franz Ferdinand, Manu Chao, Nightwish, Guano Apes and many many more :yeah:.

The funny thing about me... oh there would be many to talk about... but the last one which still makes me laugh... I was shown at Zabaleta & Chela TV Show in South America. It was when I was writing an article from the practise session and they got me taped ;).

See less See more
#713 ·
Yep, this is a chatthread. But maybe we should have a thread outside of the Monfils forum too for this kind of things, I don't think many people read this thread.

I'm interested in the Mouratoglou doc too because I watched only parts of it when it was aired on France 2 a few months ago (I thought I was recording it and I would watch it later, but I noticed when it was already over that the recorder was still on Pause ^^).

The old Sport+ videos were available on the Canal+ website, so I hope the New Musketeers thing will be too.
(I hadn't seen they have a new player on the Canal+ website and the videos are now available abroad too:
http://player.canalplus.fr/#/218744)

Je suis ravie que tu sois sensible à la grande sagesse qui émane de mes posts sur MTF, Xavier, merci beaucoup. :lol:

#716 ·
So are we moving or not ? We could use this to make more people come into Gaël's forum too :lol:
Well Tess, I'm not sure how to translate it. Richie was in the car with his coach, physio etc... just after the Gonzo match, and said (while grinning so it was a joke obvsly) "il a pas de nana, sinon il serait cocu. Il a une chatte, mais une chatte" roughly translated as "he doesn't have a gf, or else he'd be a cuckold." and the last part, I won't translate it :lol:

#719 ·
:eek: He said that after or before the match?

I'd be for having a general thread "Articles, videos, news etc. about French tennis" outside of the player forums. I often find articles about French tennis which might interest other people and I don't know where to post them because they don't fit in a player forum in particular.

#725 ·
No cocu is the guy who got cheated on. cuckold is not a good translation ? I found it in my dictionnary :sad:
At first I thought that Richard meant that he would have gladly made Gonzo a cocu by cheating with his gf, but since he doesn't have one... but it was a lot too harsh for Richie so now I think he meant that Gonzo had so much luck on the important points that day that he would have been a cocu if he had had a gf. (There is a saying like that in France : avoir une chance de cocu, having the chance of a cocu man meaning you're lucky in everything you do.)

Chatte is pussy, Tess :help: aidez-moi les Français là !!

#727 ·
Yeah, there is this popular belief that if you have a great deal of luck then your love life must be messed up, like it's either one or the other : "Il a une chance de cocu" or "Heureux au jeu, malheureux en amour" and so on...

#731 · (Edited)
On the same note, what Gaël used to say to Gilles when they were kids "Je vais te fourrer" (meaning I am gonna beat you but litterally I am gonna stuff you in the sexual sense)...In the mouth of a 12yo boy... I mean... Its really abominable...
They definitely aren't angels :haha:

#735 ·
On the same note, what Gaël used to say to Gilles "Je vais te fourrer" (meaning I am gonna beat you but litterally I am gonna stuff you in the sexual sense)...In the mouth of a 12yo boy... I mean... Its really abominable...
They definitely aren't angels :haha:
:spit: :haha: omg...

I'm all for learning swear words at school, but those are really too awful ;)
Oh I know!:D It's so much more usefull than some of the things we get! Like the other day, my teacher was like: Yeah you have to learn this, but the French never use it:eek:

#732 ·
Oh, I know he was cursing (saying putain at least as much as me, which is a lot :lol:) but I didn't know he could be that vulgar. See, the one Xavier pointed out was so horrible that I didn't even know you could say that :lol: but I prefer that, I thought at first he was talking about stealing Gonzo's gf to avenge his loss lol. *wipes forehead*

I'm all for learning swear words at school, but those are really too awful ;)

#736 ·
Suspicious ? What do you mean ? You don't get it, it's just a way to say "I am no ***, see, I can joke about it". It's all part of the big macho sport mythology I think, being very crude and sexual and occasionnally borderline homophobic to prove your virility. Tennis is no different than other sports.

#738 ·
I was just joking Xavier, I find it funny that the two of them are always kissing each other and acting like that. I don't think it's homophobic at all, especially in a 12yo mouth ;) Gaël and Gilles are far from being macho and borderline homophobic imo, they just find it funny to play with that aspect of their friendship.

#741 ·
Gaël and Gilles are far from being macho and borderline homophobic imo, they just find it funny to play with that aspect of their friendship.
Well I hope you are right but I wouldn't bet on it... Don't you find strange that no tennisman has ever come out as gay ? It's a homophobic milieu even if I am sure not all of them are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.