Mens Tennis Forums banner

Federer crushes Roddick 6-4 6-0 to win Bangkok.

6K views 159 replies 95 participants last post by  Rogiman 
#1 ·
:worship: Roger

For giving Andy a bagel and continuing the ownership over Duckboy.

#52 ·
had we heard about the elbow problem until after this final?

and even if we had, he may just have been planning for some sort of excuse for the inevitable :)

#53 ·
i knew he'd make up some sort of excuse :rolleyes:

and how is roddick roger's "rival". rivals are people with h2hs that are pretty even (aka evert and navratilova). the only match duckman won was in a third set tb

#54 ·
tennischick said:
"I hurt my elbow yesterday against Marat Safin, but I don't think that made a difference," said Roddick. "Roger's been beating people all year.
In other words, he didn't think he'd win anyway, injury or no? Does Andy have a confidence problem when it comes to Roger? Not that I'd blame him, but if he wants to beat Federer again he needs to start hating him... on court at least.

#55 ·
darnyelb said:
In other words, he didn't think he'd win anyway, injury or no? Does Andy have a confidence problem when it comes to Roger? Not that I'd blame him, but if he wants to beat Federer again he needs to start hating him... on court at least.
well we have known since the "sucking dick" comments that the microphones picked up on that the Duck is intimidated by the prospect of playing Federer. the bagel can only make this worse. his confidence must be shattered. no sympathy here mind you :devil:

#56 ·
tennischick said:
well we have known since the "sucking dick" comments that the microphones picked up on that the Duck is intimidated by the prospect of playing Federer. the bagel can only make this worse. his confidence must be shattered. no sympathy here mind you :devil:
LOLOLOL! Never heard of these comments. Where was this? Poor kid. At least his injury may prevent him from thinking it was a true bagel.

#59 ·
I'm disappointed at the scoreline, but there it is. Andy's got to suck it up, work harder, eat better, and be completely focused. It's a difficult place to be, i.e. striving for the top, when there's a marvelously talented and motivated person already there. :)

:hatoff: congrats to the many nice Federer fans. :)

#60 ·
darnyelb said:
No, he was just trying not to use it as an excuse.
Althought probably (and most likely) Andy's confidence when it comes to Roger is not pretty high and gets intimidated by him. But hey, doesn't it happen to everyone or almost everyone that plays Roger, #1 in the word with 10 titles already in 2004 and even more to come?
I didn't watch the match, but I can definetely picture how it was. Roger playing amazingly well as usual and Andy losing his head as the match went by plus, not the pain that the injury causes but the lack of concentration. I'm sure nobody here thinks Andy played his A+ game tho I'm not saying he'd have beated Roger if he was but the result would have been a bit closer or at least wouldn't have been a bagel :rolleyes:
Anyway, congrats to Roger on his 10th title of the year and I hope Andy's elbow is okay and its not too serious :)

#61 ·
:worship: roger... just keep it going. i'm loving this

i actually believe andy. there's probably no way roger would bagel him without andy having some sort of serving problem. unless he just played incredible, aka, some of his best ever. i didn't see this match, so i'll assume he didn't bring out the big guns here.

#63 ·
tennischick said:
Wait, what comments are you talking about? What did he say exactly?

#69 ·
Auscon said:
A. Roddick, welcome to L. Hewitt's world (except without the previously strong record)

Thats some awesome stuff.....I can understand how he can do that to Lleyton when he's absolutely on the ball, but to do it to someone with such a powerful service game....damn

I think it would have to be an upset of the higherst order for Roger not to dominate all at the Masters

While I'm not a huge Federer supporter, I think its pretty cool to be following the sport at this point in time
lol, thats very true. Atleast Andy doenst always lose like this, like Lleyton has to Federer this year. But then again, Hewitt's got to be happy that he's atleast beaten Federer alot in the past, even if it's been awhile.

#71 ·
Ack a bagel :retard:

Well done to Roger though, simply an amazing year, probably one of the best ever years in all of tennis history. Though with all this domination comes the fact that it is getting boring :sad:. Roger's beating everyone he faces, not just Andy. it's gotta suck hard to be #2 now because you're better than the rest, but then you keep on meeting up with the best of the best (Roger) and keep on losing :lol:.

Anyways I hope whatever injury Andy has heals in the next 2 weeks and he can keep up his play for his remaining 3 events and keep that #2 spot away from Hewitt. As for Federer, do I really have to say much :shrug: he'll continue to play great anyways so you don't have to hope for that.:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.