Mens Tennis Forums banner

The "Guga Fans Forever" Chat Thread!

220K views 10K replies 104 participants last post by  Lee 
#1 · (Edited)
That would be cool to have our own chat thread! Everybody can come here, let's talk about anything!!!

Right now here in Quebec City there is a terrible snow storm, I'm blocked inside because there's way too much snow and the roads are blocked!!! I have to admitt I'm a summer guy... and you??

#10,230 ·
Re: The "Tenacious Florianopolis Surfers" Chat Thread!

Paszek has some great shots for a 16 years old. But she needs to learn how to serve better from Guga. :lol:
Seriously. She needs to get a body by Guga too. :) She's not fat, but she doesn't look entirely fit. She's only 16 though, and if she can bring Guga out to matches, I'm all for her. She'll be my new favorite.

#10,232 ·

Paszek is definitely not fit enough, you can see she still have some weight to lose... She's an incredible ball hitter and I definitely see a bright future in her:)

#10,235 ·

In my heart, you're forever the King of Clay.
Totally agree! :tears: And I always like him! :)

Happy birthday,Guga!

#10,242 ·

Kuerten mulls retirement if he fails to become competitive again

September 12, 2007

SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) -- Three-time French Open champion Gustavo Kuerten might retire if he fails to play competitive tennis next year.

The 31-year-old Brazilian was ranked No. 1 in 2000 but is now 662nd. He has a 2-7 singles record this season, his first playing regularly on ATP tour since hip surgery in September 2004.

"My goal is to try to gain more confidence and feel conformable for the singles tournaments, and I think next year I need to be feeling that way and competing at a high level," he said at a news conference Wednesday. "If I can't, I'll probably opt to do other things and plan the end of my career."

Kuerten won the last of his 20 titles in February 2004. He won the French Open in 1997, 2000 and 2001. Despite poor results in recent years, he had always dismissed the option of retirement.

"The goal today is to extend my career," he said.

Kuerten will be a reserve on Brazil's Davis Cup squad that will face Austria in the playoffs Sept. 21-23. Brazil is trying to return to the World Group for the first time since 2003.

#10,243 ·

Guga sees end of the career in 2008 if not to come back to the good level
12/09/2007 to 21h07

Frank Fernando
of São Paulo

Guga: 2008 are the stated period to come back to the tennis

In interview in this Wednesday in São Paulo, Gustavo Kuerten affirmed for the first time that already it glimpses the final straight line of its career. Former-number 1 of the world affirmed in the presentation of the Brazilian team of the Pantry Davis who, if not to come back to play in level satisfactory in year that comes, goes to say farewell itself definitively to the circuit and if to dedicate to other activities that involve the tennis.

Reserve of the teams of Davis who goes to dispute a vacant in the World-wide Group with Austria between days 21 and 23 of September in Innsbruck, Guga determined 2008 as the deadline for its dream to return to you square them of winning form. The catarinense fight against a chronic injury in the hip has five years, between frustrate attempts to come back to its bonanza tennis.

"Nowadays I know that I need to know to see the situation for not consuming me to toa. I find that the experience in the pairs back in the US Open was very good, I felt me comfortable in squares. In the year that comes, I have that to be thus feeling me to compete in matches of high level, senão I find that I go to opt to making other things that I can produce more... and think some form to plan the end of my career ", said the tenista of Florianópolis.

Tricampeão de Roland Garros and owner of 20 headings in the ATP, Guga completed 31 years in last day 10. In this year, it it tried to return to the circuit and it played eight matches in simple: it got two victories - in Brazil Open and round-robin of Las Vegas - and the certainty of that its physicist is not ready to compete in the professional level. In the US Open, it got invitation to play double and it showed good tennis in its defeat for Andres Sá and Marcelo Melo.

Guga, however, always with its smile of boy who does not allow it to be called veteran, then changed the tone of its declaration to affirm that it does not intend to give up. "I want to take off the best possible one of whom I can still have in the tennis. I have the care not to very place an expectation above of that I can make today. I find that comprometimento is different of suffering. I still am trying to come back to play in a good level because I believe that still I have things to make. I believe that it gives to extract something it tennis, or until contributing for the tennis as sport. While I to obtain to make this, find that I have that to continue "declared.

Questioned how much to the possibility of focar its career in the pairs, former-number 1 soon rejected the idea: "This is a thing that lately the people come asking me, but does not think about the pairs as something definitive, to be alone in this... Perhaps as transistion until I to be ready to play simple... I felt me well in the US Open, played with the Melo and the Sá, that play of equal for equal with the best ones of the world, but would not be satisfied alone with this ".

Guga disclosed that it intends to dispute some matches of the européia season of you square fast until the end of the year, also in keys of simple of events of good level. It also affirmed that he does not think about the moment in if becoming captain of the Pantry Davis or occupying any another position in the Brazilian Confederation of Tennis.

"My paper is in squares, helping the players. I very want still to help the Brazilian tennis ", standed out Guga. "But what I see it is that still we do not have many able and dedicated people to make the work of development of the tennis in Brazil. One day I can with certainty help in this, but now I think still about coming back to play ", I concluded the tenista, that travels in the friday for Austria with Flávio Saretta, Ricardo Mello, Andres Sá, Marcelo Melo and Thomaz Bellucci for the confrontation of Davis.

#10,247 ·

Guga sees end of the career in 2008 if not to come back to the good level
12/09/2007 to 21h07

Frank Fernando
of São Paulo

Guga: 2008 are the stated period to come back to the tennis

In interview in this Wednesday in São Paulo, Gustavo Kuerten affirmed for the first time that already it glimpses the final straight line of its career. Former-number 1 of the world affirmed in the presentation of the Brazilian team of the Pantry Davis who, if not to come back to play in level satisfactory in year that comes, goes to say farewell itself definitively to the circuit and if to dedicate to other activities that involve the tennis.

Reserve of the teams of Davis who goes to dispute a vacant in the World-wide Group with Austria between days 21 and 23 of September in Innsbruck, Guga determined 2008 as the deadline for its dream to return to you square them of winning form. The catarinense fight against a chronic injury in the hip has five years, between frustrate attempts to come back to its bonanza tennis.

"Nowadays I know that I need to know to see the situation for not consuming me to toa. I find that the experience in the pairs back in the US Open was very good, I felt me comfortable in squares. In the year that comes, I have that to be thus feeling me to compete in matches of high level, senão I find that I go to opt to making other things that I can produce more... and think some form to plan the end of my career ", said the tenista of Florianópolis.

Tricampeão de Roland Garros and owner of 20 headings in the ATP, Guga completed 31 years in last day 10. In this year, it it tried to return to the circuit and it played eight matches in simple: it got two victories - in Brazil Open and round-robin of Las Vegas - and the certainty of that its physicist is not ready to compete in the professional level. In the US Open, it got invitation to play double and it showed good tennis in its defeat for Andres Sá and Marcelo Melo.

Guga, however, always with its smile of boy who does not allow it to be called veteran, then changed the tone of its declaration to affirm that it does not intend to give up. "I want to take off the best possible one of whom I can still have in the tennis. I have the care not to very place an expectation above of that I can make today. I find that comprometimento is different of suffering. I still am trying to come back to play in a good level because I believe that still I have things to make. I believe that it gives to extract something it tennis, or until contributing for the tennis as sport. While I to obtain to make this, find that I have that to continue "declared.

Questioned how much to the possibility of focar its career in the pairs, former-number 1 soon rejected the idea: "This is a thing that lately the people come asking me, but does not think about the pairs as something definitive, to be alone in this... Perhaps as transistion until I to be ready to play simple... I felt me well in the US Open, played with the Melo and the Sá, that play of equal for equal with the best ones of the world, but would not be satisfied alone with this ".

Guga disclosed that it intends to dispute some matches of the européia season of you square fast until the end of the year, also in keys of simple of events of good level. It also affirmed that he does not think about the moment in if becoming captain of the Pantry Davis or occupying any another position in the Brazilian Confederation of Tennis.

"My paper is in squares, helping the players. I very want still to help the Brazilian tennis ", standed out Guga. "But what I see it is that still we do not have many able and dedicated people to make the work of development of the tennis in Brazil. One day I can with certainty help in this, but now I think still about coming back to play ", I concluded the tenista, that travels in the friday for Austria with Flávio Saretta, Ricardo Mello, Andres Sá, Marcelo Melo and Thomaz Bellucci for the confrontation of Davis.
I love translated GugaSpeak. I love to read he is comfortable in the squares. And I want to see him in the square fast too. :) :) :)

#10,249 ·

Anyone got Facebook in here:)? I just registered last week and it's really addictive, I'm wasting way too much time there checking my friends' pics and relationships:lol:

#10,251 ·

Monday there is a TV show about the bad side of Facebook:lol: I'm gonna watch it for sure, hopefully I didn't put anything dangerous on my profile:eek:..

BTW Lee you must be happy with Rainer's great week, when is the last time he had such good results??

#10,252 ·

Monday there is a TV show about the bad side of Facebook:lol: I'm gonna watch it for sure, hopefully I didn't put anything dangerous on my profile:eek:..

BTW Lee you must be happy with Rainer's great week, when is the last time he had such good results??
MySpace is a bigger problem in US right now than Facebook.

His great week ended now. :sobbing: Last time Rainer made SF was 19 months ago in Dubai and lost to Nadal.

#10,265 ·

Only 3 weeks before seeing Davenport:aplot:
anyone follows women's tennis these days:lol:? It really can't be worse for me:lol: Did you know that my favorite WTA player, Martina Hingis, has a hip injury that threatens her career? Do you see the connection:eek:??? Hip injuries seem to be a terrible charm for me:sad:

#10,266 ·

Only 3 weeks before seeing Davenport:aplot:
anyone follows women's tennis these days:lol:? It really can't be worse for me:lol: Did you know that my favorite WTA player, Martina Hingis, has a hip injury that threatens her career? Do you see the connection:eek:??? Hip injuries seem to be a terrible charm for me:sad:
you better take out those players' names from your siggy seb ;) or they mght suffer the same fate ;)

*patpat*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.