Mens Tennis Forums banner

DTT Week 6: Monte-Carlo Congrats Boarder35m and Robin Hood/MuriloBrasil !!!

10K views 178 replies 20 participants last post by  Björki 
#1 · (Edited)
Doubles Tennis Tipping #6
MONTE-CARLO and Challengers

What is Doubles Tennis Tipping?

In the game, participants pick the winners of all doubles main draw matches and are placed in a knock-out system. That means each participant plays a different participant and whoever predicted the winner of most matches correctly, moves on to the next round. The same applies for doubles, but you're in a team format and your scores are combined.

Note:

- In case of a tie, a tie-breaker will decide who moves on to the next round.
New tie-break method: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=114109

- In case a player (i.e. the actual ATP Player) retires in a match, this match will be counted as long as one point has been played. If players are replaced by a lucky loser after the start of Doubles Tennis Tipping, these matches will be cancelled.

How to send in picks:

Picks can be sent in as soon as the draws are ready. Remember, you pick a winner in every match! Picks should be sent by PM, so that your opponent does not know your picks. Picks should be titled: [DTT: ?, day #]. Picks can be sent in anytime until the beginning of play each day. If you're still in both singles & doubles, you use the same tips for both. No changes can be made after the play has started.

PRECAUTIONARY MEASURE

If the board goes down as has happened before, send your picks to trucul2008@hotmail.fr

See less See more
#117 ·
Re: Doubles Tennis Tipping (DTT) Week 6: Monte-Carlo and Challengers

Florin MERGEA/Horia TECAU (ROM/ROM) vs. James CERRETANI/Travis PARROT (USA/USA) SR7
Santiago GIRALDO/Denis ISTOMIN (COL/UZB) vs. Kristian PLESS/Danai UDOMCHOKE (DEN/THA) SR8

These matches will be played tomorrow and will still count for DTT 2nd Round. If they are not fully played tomorrow, they will be cancelled from DTT 2nd Round.

BURRIEZZA/NESTEROV vs. SCHWANK/VEMIC and RATIWATANAs also postponed a second time to tomorrow. As these matches are postponed a second time, I will cancel them from DTT First Round.

#118 ·

Before I publish OOP, is there any volunteer to make diffs when matches start ?

I guess that Boarder35m will not be able to do that (not feeling very well).

#119 ·

Even if nobody volunteers to make diffs, could someone other than Drikke, Nadie, Bjorki be volunteer to collect our picks and forward them to me during the day tomorrow ?

If I have no answer by 23:00 CET, I will ask Drikke, Nadie and Bjorki to send me their picks and I will swear than I will not look at them :angel:

#121 ·

Even if nobody volunteers to make diffs, could someone other than Drikke, Nadie, Bjorki be volunteer to collect our picks and forward them to me during the day tomorrow ?

If I have no answer by 23:00 CET, I will ask Drikke, Nadie and Bjorki to send me their picks and I will swear than I will not look at them :angel:
I have just sent my picks to Boarder35m and diego36arg and I promise I won't change them.

So, here is the final Wednesday OOP:

#120 ·

Wednesday will be a 1-day DTT for Singles DTT QF and day 1 of a 2-day DTT for Doubles DTT SF.
Even if Singles DTT 2R and Doubles DTT QF are not finished and you are not sure you will win, if you have not yet lost, send your picks :wavey:

#122 ·

Wednesday OOP:

Novak DJOKOVIC/Radek STEPANEK (SRB/CZE) vs. Simon ASPELIN/Julian KNOWLE (SWE/AUT) SR1 PTS1 for singles / SR3 for doubles
Lukas DLOUHY/Pavel VIZNER (CZE/CZE) vs. Frantisek CERMAK/Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER (CZE/GER) SR2 / SR4
Jonas BJORKMAN/Kevin ULLYETT (SWE/RSA) vs. Mariusz FYRSTENBERG/Marcin MATKOWSKI (POL/POL) SR3 / SR5
Mahesh BHUPATHI/Mark KNOWLES (IND/BAH) vs. Marcelo MELO/Andre SA (BRA/BRA) SR4 / SR6
Paul HANLEY/Leander PAES (AUS/IND) vs. Jonathan ERLICH/Andy RAM (ISR/ISR) SR5 / SR7

All send your picks to trucul.

Deadline is Wednesday 12:00 noon CET.

#123 ·

Guys there is a huge mistake from the board

If a player send late picks in R1 they're replaced by a LL dosnt matter if sent after time or not

Late picks on R1 = LL

So hahaha sent late, so me and lucho should replace them.. that easy!

#126 ·
#131 ·

This day wasn't my day :sad::sad: I picked such bad players and I think a don't have any chances to win in singles or doubles!

#132 ·

it wasnt R2 mooroon :rolleyes:

why it would say then in draw Q1 :rolleyes:

#143 ·

it wasnt R2 mooroon :rolleyes:

why it would say then in draw Q1 :rolleyes:

Q1/Q2/Q3/Q4 were used to ease the draw. I preferred to draw from the second round rather than drawing first round with tons of byes. And winners of matches in first round were named Q1, Q2, ...

As you can see in final draw display, there is no more Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=6861573&postcount=5

More generally, the draw size is the same for DTT than for TT with a minimum of 32 entries. But, considering the number of players committed per week (between 16 and 24), we may discuss whether it is preferrable to have many byes in first round or have a main draw with 16 entries (14 entries + 2 Q) and no byes and remaining players would play qualies. That way, this would allow (LL). But, this may mean more than 1 round qualies. As you know that there is in real life no doubles qualies, ie no match on Sunday, this would mean several rounds on Monday with very low number of matches ...

Any feedbacks welcome. :wavey:

#133 ·

Quarter Finals

Matches Counted: 00
Matches Remaining: 05

00:00 | Boarder35m vs. MZverev-Fan
00:00 | georg vs. 3. Nadie
00:00 | lucho_coria vs. 6. Björki
00:00 | 7. diego36arg vs. hahaha7

Second Round

Matches Counted: 06
Matches Remaining: 00

02:02 | 1. Gigi vs. Boarder35m SR4
02:03 | 8. marr vs. MZverev-Fan
03:04 | 5. Robin Hood vs. georg
04:02 | 3. Nadie vs. Huff

03:04 | 4. Drikke vs. lucho_coria

02:02 | 6. Björki vs. trucul SRs: 2-1
02:02 | 7. diego36arg vs. Jeronimo SR3
02:03 | 2. tennis2006 vs. hahaha7

#134 ·

Semi Finals

Matches Remaining: 0?

00:00 | georg/Huff vs. 3. Robin Hood/MuriloBrasil
00:00 | MZverevFan/Drikke vs. 2. Nadie/Björki

Quarter Finals

Matches Counted: 06

04:06 | 1. Gigi/tennis2006 vs. georg/Huff
06:04 | 3. Robin Hood/MuriloBrasil vs. Boarder35m/Kielian
04:06 | 4. diego36arg/trucul vs. MZverevFan/Drikke
06:05 | 2. Nadie/Björki vs. hahaha7/marr

#135 ·

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES :worship::worship:
Quater- and Semifinal :worship::worship:
I have a question: Tommorow I will go to an exchange in France :):worship: ! I don't know if my correspondant has internet and so I maybe have to send you all the possible matches. But I hope he has internet. :p

#136 ·

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES :worship::worship:
Quater- and Semifinal :worship::worship:
I have a question: Tommorow I will go to an exchange in France :):worship: ! I don't know if my correspondant has internet and so I maybe have to send you all the possible matches. But I hope he has internet. :p
I will post right now the OOP for tomorrow right after results of the day for Singles QF and day 1 for Doubles SF. :angel:

#139 ·

Semi Finals

Matches Remaining: 04

00:00 | Boarder35m vs. 3. Nadie
00:00 | 6. Björki vs. 7. diego36arg

Quarter Finals

Matches Counted: 05

03:02 | Boarder35m vs. MZverev-Fan
03:04 | georg vs. 3. Nadie
02:03 | lucho_coria vs. 6. Björki
03:00 | 7. diego36arg vs. hahaha7 (no picks from hahaha7)

#140 ·

Semi Finals

Matches Counted: 05
Matches Remaining: 04

06:06 | georg/Huff vs. 3. Robin Hood/MuriloBrasil SRs: 0-1
03:07 | MZverevFan/Drikke vs. 2. Nadie/Björki

#142 ·

OOP Thursday:

Jeff COETZEE/Wesley MOODIE (RSA/RSA) vs. Arnaud CLEMENT/Mickael LLODRA (FRA/FRA) SR1 PTS1
Jonas BJORKMAN/Kevin ULLYETT (SWE/RSA) vs. Jonathan ERLICH/Andy RAM (ISR/ISR) SR2
Bob BRYAN/Mike BRYAN (USA/USA) vs. Julien BENNETEAU/Nicolas MAHUT (FRA/FRA) SR3 / SR8
Frantisek CERMAK/Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER (CZE/GER) vs. Rafael NADAL/Tommy ROBREDO (ESP/ESP) SR4/ SR9

All send your picks to trucul

Deadline is Thursday 13:00 CET.

#146 ·

Björki;6938089 said:
2/4 that's bad :scared:

updates please :wavey:
Arnaud CLEMENT/Mickael LLODRA (FRA/FRA) 6-4 6-3
Jonathan ERLICH/Andy RAM (ISR/ISR) 2-1
Bob BRYAN/Mike BRYAN (USA/USA) 2-0
Frantisek CERMAK/Philipp KOHLSCHREIBER (CZE/GER) 2-0
Congrats, 1/4 for me. ;)

#149 ·

Semi Finals

Matches Counted: 04

02:02 | Boarder35m vs. 3. Nadie SRs: 2-0
02:01 | 6. Björki vs. 7. diego36arg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.