Mens Tennis Forums banner

Tokyo F: Nishikori bagels Raonic 7-6(5) 3-6 6-0

17K views 163 replies 93 participants last post by  Jverweij 
#1 ·
:bounce:

Reactions: Hugh Jaas
#70 ·
Very well done Nishikori on your biggest title yet, knew he'd rise to the occasion in front of his home crowed. Bagelling a servebot is very impressive, must have been returning like a GOAT!

Raonic is the most overrated player. Him and his tards brought back down to earth with a bang. This guy is not winning slams. On the other hand Kori is very underrated and rarely gets talked about. Today he rises to the occasion,with the pressure of playing in front of home fans. That is a great sign and if any of the younger players are going to win slams in a few years it is him or Tomic.

#98 ·
Raonic actually posted multiple times about how much he was looking forward to the sushi on his Twitter so I do think it was a genuine comment, not a half-sarcastic remark. I think it's a big deal for him. :lol: He was probably nervous in the moment and was trying to think of something to say.

#106 ·
:haha:

HEADLINE: ANDY MURRAY LOSES MATCH, US OPEN WIN DECLARED VOID :lol: I've never known so many delusional sorts on one forum!

Well done, Kei. Another ridiculous knee-jerk reaction from some towards Raonic. He will be a serious contender in the future. And while the goons on here will go on about "Raotards" or something equally stupid, his fans on here generally seem to be realistic and show respect, unlike the fools that target a developing player after each and every loss.

#102 ·
Well deserved!

The serve bot gets bageled!

#111 ·
IMO short for tennis should be 1.75 and below

Kei is 1.78, hence tall enough.

Ferrer, a relatively constant top 10 is 1.75, and he's at the limit, Kei is totally O Kei

#113 ·
Great result for the sport.

#114 ·
A bagel :lol:

This would've been the result yesterday had Murray played well, except without the second set and without a tiebreak.

#115 ·
Kei winning is a result that makes all MTF fanbases come together. Good for the game, good for the forum.

Great week for Milos as well

#117 ·
Coming from the big man himself:

“He just played too well. There’s not too much I could do,” said Raonic. “He played better than me and deserved to win. [In the third set], he started playing well, was reading me a bit more, and a few mistakes starting coming from me.”

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.