Mens Tennis Forums banner

Junior Predictions

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Baghdatis#1 
#1 ·
I thought it would be fun for those of us who follow the Junior tour to make a few predictions for the year. Here are mine.

Australian Open: Rublev def Zverev
French Open: Luz def Tatlot
Wimbledon: Zverev def Kozlov
US Open: Kozlov def Tiafoe
Orange Bowl: Jasika def Osmakcic

Year End Top 10:
1. Zverev
2. Rublev
3. Kozlov
4. Luz (wins all the south american clay court events)
5. Tiafoe
6. Mmoh
7. Jasika
8. Safiullin
9. Osmakcic
10. Muller

Next stars:
Corentin Moutet - Top 80
Denis Shapovalov - Top 100

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
It's nice to see Kuhn getting some really good results this year, could easily become another ATP-ranked player born in 2000 after Auger 2 weeks ago. He has now some wins over ATP ranked players on juniors level and hopefully he will make his ATP debut later this year.

http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/players/player/profile.aspx?playerid=100197348

I wonder how safe it is that he won't switch back to representing Spain at some point, his connections to Spain are quite strong and as a JCF-player he often gets wildcards there. But at the moment he is in the DTB "top talent team" with Zverev, Altmaier and Molleker. Molleker is the other bigger hope for Germany and has won back-to-back Grade 4s.

#5 ·
I'm not just saying this because I'm Greek but I like what I see from Tsitsipas and he's only 16 and already 14th in the world. He had some impressive wins at the Orange Bowl and I watched his AO matches, he has a big game. He's growing so much though and I hope he stops growing otherwise he'll become a serve bot instead of an all-court player :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.