Mens Tennis Forums banner

What strings should I use?

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  tennisamateur 
#1 ·
Hello

I don't know anything at all about strings.

I use Babolat AeroProDrives.

I use a lot of top spin. But my strings are usually on the tighter side (I don't like them loose).

My problem is the strings keep either breaking or becoming too loose so that I have to adjust the strings after every few points, which is very annoying.

I'm not sure if this is because of the strings, the way I hit, the tension.

I'm just sick of paying to get my racquets restrung after every 3 or 4 matches.

#4 ·
If the strings are moving between points, you are probably using either syn gut or multi-filament strings. Try using a poly string like RPM Blast or Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power. A cheaper poly option that I used to use is Volkl Cyclone. With poly, the strings will not move between points and will not break easily. But be careful. If you don't have good stroke mechanics, the combo of Babolat APD (very stiff stick) and poly is a recipe for tennis elbow. I had it.

Good luck.

Harry

#5 ·
Yeah, experiment with different strings but beware tennis elbow poly and stiff setups.

I switched to an 18x20 because I was tired of strings moving and breaking on my 16x20.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.