Mens Tennis Forums banner

Ryan 2015 New year, New Start Cheering Thread!!!!

16K views 134 replies 17 participants last post by  Huckleberry Z. 
#1 ·

His Schedule so far

Happy Valley, Australia (Challenger)

Australian Open​

See less See more
#84 ·
Yes, he has a WC into the main draw.

#87 ·
He got the wildcard because he is an American, along with Smyczek, Kudla and Austin Kraijcek. He's playing Mardy Fish in the first round.

#93 ·
Holy sh*t!!!!!

He lost to Thaigo Monteiro ranked 453.....

wtf is that??!!??

Just when I think he is coming around he loses to some guy who is not even in the top 150.

Ugghh so damn frustrating!!!!!

Looks like will be going to Europe to play in challengers and quallies. No direct entries for him..ATP live rankings have him currently at 125.

#100 ·
I thought it was on clay. Just terrible from Ryan. He's got a couple more challengers coming up with a chance to raise his ranking so he doesn't have to qualify for the French, but I don't see that happening. He had a great start to the year and now he is just playing like shit again.

#104 · (Edited)
I saw Ryan today in Taipei Challenger.

Groth/Harrison (1) beat Lin/Wu (WC): 7-5, 6-4

Their opponents were two local youth players, both in their 17 y/o. Both do not have any ATP points and this is their first ATP game.
However, these two kids seemed happy and relaxed, and played better than my expectation -- although they could barely catch Groth's first serve, they had several good points.

There's no reason for Groth/Harrison to lose, and they won, but I have to say Ryan didn't play well.
It seemed easy when he had good serves, but his return was terrible. It look bad when you could not return two inexperienced kids well.
He also seemed a little sloppy today -- I hope it is because it was double and he was adjusting himself.

His first-round opponent in single tomorrow is also a wild-carder: Yi Chu-huan, who almost retired from single game and concentrates on double. (Even when he played single, his career-high single ranking is 489 and five years ago).
It should be an easy win for Ryan, but maybe he needs to focus more in following matches.

#116 ·
Well he lost again - first round at Wimbledon quallies to #179 ranked Argentinian Guido Andreozzi.

I am not sure what is gonna happen to Ryan now......

This guy cant seem to win anymore....

Guess he will end up being another journeyman on the tour with a ranking that floats anywhere from 120-200.

Damn shame and utter disappointment!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.