Mens Tennis Forums banner

Vasek Pospisil

268K views 3K replies 111 participants last post by  Brad1973 
#1 · (Edited)
#2,019 · (Edited)

Autograph session with Vasek. Under the big screens outside stadium 1 called Stadium Plaza.

On the seat pad I was holding in my right hand in the picture. I didn't sit on it at all :lol:

This is the stadium plaza last few days of the tournament as you can see the Tennis Channel tent was abandoned. Unlike in the autograph pic.

#2,023 ·
I think you can make a case for Pospisil as one of the best doubles players in the world right now. He and Sock are 4th in the year-to-date rankings having only played two tournaments, behind Bolelli-Fognini, the Bryans and Rojer-Tecau. Rojer-Tecau have played 7 tournaments. Bolelli-Fognini won the Australian Open and lost to Sock-Pospisil the two times they played them.

In the individual doubles rankings, Pospisil is 5th, behind the Bryans, Melo and Zimonjic. And Zimonjic has done very little the year.

#2,025 ·
With his win in IW and the finals loss in Miami Pospisil has become the #1 doubles player in Canada. He's also 5th in the world. And after only two events they (Pospisil/Sock) are 4th in the race for London.

#2,028 ·
My guess is Vasek wanted to get some good clay prep in before the start of the season & thus skipped MC (given his HC season extended right to last weekend in Miami -- and there was no break between HC & clay this year with change in DC schedule). He's got a pretty full schedule on clay after this week:

ie: Barcelona, Munich (1st alt), Madrid Q, probably Rome Q, Geneva (probably seeded), RG (ie. probably no breaks in schedule right through rest of the clay season).

Would be nice to see him improve somewhat on clay ... next DC round is clay right after grass season.

#2,030 ·
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/e...hdraw-from-barcelona-atp-event-204925237.html

As for Pospisil, he dealt with some knee tendonitis through the Indian Wells and Miami tournaments in the U.S. Needing time to heal up, his clay-court preparation was pushed back and clearly he felt he wouldn't be ready in time for Barcelona.

Pospisil will head to Europe early next week to rejoin coach Frédéric Fontang, with the plan to play the following week's tournament in Munich, Germany.

Hel will need a withdrawal from the main entry list to get straight in; at the moment, he is the first on the alternate list.

#2,033 ·
I also think there are possibilities. I was at Belgiums last tie, where they had trouble beating Switzerland. Knowing that Vasek is a lot better than the Swiss players active in the last tie... sure, he definitely should be able to do well.

Anyone of you going there? I was thinking of getting tickets, but I am not sure if I can make it.
Do you expect Canada to bring a big crowd?

#2,042 ·
So his clay futility continues, will he ever win a match on it at this level, who knows, if he does it will have to be a really easy draw.

#2,043 ·
Was happy to see him play in 's Hertogenbosch again last week. Unfortunately a too early loss, but got to watch both of his matches.

Got the chance to get a photo with him too, after his practice the Sunday before the tournament started. He's friendly, everytime I see him, I like him more.

I like his smile :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.