Mens Tennis Forums banner

Ymer Brothers

52K views 596 replies 39 participants last post by  R 
#1 · (Edited)
This talented young player deserves a thread.

Will be ranked top 20 after a run to the semis of the Orange Bowl this week.
Born in 1996.

#101 ·
Same position on the race as his ranking, so I guess Elias is a legit 168 right now. ;) To his defense, he's gone for the toughest tournament he could possibly get into every week so far this season. And he's gotten some really good wins and some good learning experience by playing Robredo and Ferrer in the process, but perhaps not the best possible ranking. I don't think the South American swing panned out of for him but the rest has been good. That's fine, ranking is not that important at 19.

Looking forward to see him in the RG QF and I think he has the chance to approach top100 before the season is over.

#109 ·
Roland Garros Junior French Championships

(1) Orlando Luz vs. Alejandro Tabilo
Géoffrey Blancaneaux vs. Gian Marco Moroni
Álvaro López San Martín vs. Reilly Opelka
(14) Mikael Ymer vs. (WC) Clément Larrière

#114 ·
After having match point against Montanes last week, Elias gets thru to his first challenger semi this week in Caltanissetta by beating three Argentinians in Andreozzi, M. Gonzalez and Pella. Gonzalez is inside top100 and Pella just outside so very nice wins.

Playing top seed Ramos tomorrow. But already a good week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.