Mens Tennis Forums banner

Lukas Rosol

38K views 71 replies 23 participants last post by  Transcender 
#1 ·
Does anybody has pictures of Lukas???
I saw him playing last week in Dusseldorf, he is a young talented player...

#2 ·
I just found this picture on the net, after accidentally figuring out who 'the guy with the nice eyes' was in Adelaide. :lol:

Attachments

#4 ·
Lukas won his first challenger title in Kosice €30,000

R32: def. UZAKOV, Vaja 6-4 6-1
R16: def. P. SANTOS-GONZALEZ 4-6 6-2 7-5
QF: def. G. OLASO 7-5 6-1
SF: def. J. POSPISIL 6-3 6-7(5) 6-4
F: def. M. LOPEZ JAEN 7-5 6-1

Not the hardest draw (Lopez Jean was the only seeded player he had to beat) but good week for him.

Someone remove that big image from the thread.

#13 ·
Lukas is currently ranked as #158, after reaching semis of Wolfsburg Challenger last week. This week he is playing in Bergamo Challenger and is already in quarterfinal. His wife Denisa Rosolová is also in Italy, she will compete at Turin European Indoor Championship (pentathlon, a short version of heptathlon).
I wish a successful weekend for the couple in Italy :)

#20 ·
Rosol nominated for DC :rocker2: But he'll probably only get to play a dead rubber...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using VerticalSports.Com App

#22 ·
Lukas Rosol puts Czech Republic into Davis Cup semis :worship:

Rosol, who is 63rd in the ATP rankings, won 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-2 in his first ever head-to-head meeting with the 25-year-old Korolev to give his team an unassailable 3-1 lead in the tie.

Almaty, Kazakhstan: Lukas Rosol of Czech Republic put the defending champions into the Davis Cup semi-finals with a tough win over Kazakhstan's Evgeny Korolev at Astana on Sunday.

Rosol, who is 63rd in the ATP rankings, won 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-2 in his first ever head-to-head meeting with the 25-year-old Korolev to give his team an unassailable 3-1 lead in the tie.

"It was a really difficult win as Evgeny showed really classy tennis today and kept me under pressure throughout the match," Rosol said.

"Luckily I managed to resist the pressure and won. It's our joint win, the entire team's result."

Both players started cautiously, trying to avoid unnecessary risks, before Rosol snatched the opening set tie-break.

In the second set Korolev, who is 187th in the world, broke in the sixth game but Rosol broke back in the ninth to set up another tiebreak, which Korolev won to level at one set all.

The third set was almost a carbon copy of the second as Korolev grabbed the lead in the fifth game, while Rosol levelled in the 10th. But this time the 27-year-old Czech was more precise in the tiebreak to clinch a 2-1 lead.

In the fourth Rosol underlined his clay supremacy, breaking his rival's serve twice to win the set, the match and a place in the semi-finals for his team.

On Friday Rosol and Jan Hajek gave Czech Republic a commanding 2-0 lead beating Andrey Golubev 4-6, 6-4, 6-2, 7-6 and Mikhail Kukushkin 6-3, 6-2, 6-4 respectively.

On Saturday Kazakhstan's pair of Golubev and Yuriy Schukin reduced the arrears with a straight-set win 7-6, 6-4, 6-3 over the Czech pair Hajek and Radek Stepanek.

Lukas Rosol in Davis Cup action 5-7 April 2013 in Kazakhstan

:wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.