Mens Tennis Forums banner

Another tragedy due to gun laws in the US

5K views 126 replies 27 participants last post by  phase3 
#1 ·
#4 ·
While not trying to make light of this situation. This Australian comedian is spot on with how Americans treat their 'freedom to have guns'

It's gotten to a point where Americans can't even save themselves from their own guns.

Reactions: Pratik
#5 ·
'Murica

In before Moonball Pusher, blaming the parents and failing to see the bigger picture (not that the parents are not to blame as well).

#7 ·
Any parents cannot be found? :confused:

But yes, the REAL issue is the gun laws in this country. The 2nd Amendment states: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Full history lesson- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Meaning, I think, that in order to own a gun you must be a part of a well regulated militia, like a branch of the military for example. You and your drinking buddies do not count as a well regulated militia.

I've never understood the need for guns except in actual warfare, and even that I am opposed to unless absolutely necessary. Why keep a gun in your house? I don't ever see myself ever owning a gun, it never leads anything positive. As I said before I am a baseball bat and martial arts kind of guy for defending myself and my family. Bruce Lee said he won most of his fights by not even fighting, by running away. This is Bruce Fucking Lee saying this. Why violence? What is the point of having a gun?

Warning, the following video contains language that Caucasian audiences may find uncomfortable.

"You really feel like a man with that gun in your hands, huh?"

"I'm a man without it"

#10 ·
Regulated doesn't mean regulations? What the fuck? If it meant equipped, it would have said equipped.

Guns are necessary for self defense? Why? For cowards maybe. Who don't know how to handle their business any other way. How many times do we hear about a gun massacre in this country? Now how many times do we hear about guns actually SAVING someone's life? Never. Ever. Make love, not war. And best believe if someone invades my home I will crack some fucking skulls with a baseball bat. Not that I have anything for anyone to steal, perhaps you are the one who is privileged who has to worry about someone invading their home?

And you calling me privileged, lol. I'm the guy working his ass off just to pay all his bills and break even, living in ghettos, seeing cops rolling by at all times of day and night, and you calling me privileged? Just hilarious stuff.

I've had a gun pointed in my face. I've been inches away from death. Have you?

#11 · (Edited)
Regulated doesn't mean regulations? What the fuck? If it meant equipped, it would have said equipped.
It's just sad how little knowledge you have on the subject. You should read more.

Guns are necessary for self defense? Why? For cowards maybe.
Yeah, I'm sure a pregnant mother who is home alone is a coward for not wanting to fight hand to hand :facepalm:.

Who don't know how to handle their business any other way. How many times do we hear about a gun massacre in this country? Now how many times do we hear about guns actually SAVING someone's life? Never. Ever.
Guns save lives all the time. The media just doesn't report on it because of their agenda. http://gunssavelives.net/incident-map/

Make love, not war. And best believe if someone invades my home I will crack some fucking skulls with a baseball bat. Not that I have anything for anyone to steal, perhaps you are the one who is privileged who has to worry about someone invading their home?
Sure thing buddy. Spoken like a true idealistic child.

And you calling me privileged, lol. I'm the guy working his ass off just to pay all his bills and break even, living in ghettos, seeing cops rolling by at all times of day and night, and you calling me privileged? Just hilarious stuff.

I've had a gun pointed in my face. I've been inches away from death. Have you?
:zzz: You are incapable of understanding anything from outside of your own narrow world view. How is an elderly person supposed to defend themselves? How about a frail woman? A pregnant mother? Are they all cowards for not wanting to go toe-to-toe with an intruder? Sorry, but I don't view wanting to defend yourself from criminal scum as cowardly. You are free to not own a gun yourself, but other people think different and value their lives more than you, and it is disgusting that you can't understand that and don't care about the safety of others.

#13 ·
"Guns save lives" :haha: Define brainwash.

Maybe you should try to un-fuck your country before giving old ladies firearms. Embarrassing.

#24 ·
get more guns to defend against the guns, then even more to defend against the latter...

that's your screwed up policy and it leads nowhere, except for the link in OP, which is just a drop in the sea of bloodshed.

That's what makes your cops overly nervous and shooting people, that's what makes any sociopath able to make hundreds of times more harm than in any (other) civilized society, that's what gangs are made up from, etc.

More and more guns to defend the many guns on site anyway...and at this point you get freaks with machine guns in the supermarket and meeting in parks with these hanging on their side...just coz they can.

Not that this would ever change, but it makes me feel sane to expose it every now and again.

This has reached the point of tobacco, alcohol and drugs in some parts of the world - they can't stop it, coz it would take more people out of jobs, than it would eventually kill. Even though it's obviously BS, it's dangerous, it's harmful and by any sane point of view indefensible, it brings too many jobs and profit to be taken out at this point, so we just close our eyes and let it be...

...history of a politician's life..

#31 ·
Why, are you planning on breaking in? :lol:

#34 ·
This is an interesting and disturbing article on how US cities compare to some of the most dangerous countries in the world when it comes to gun violence.

http://www.citylab.com/politics/201...cities-compared-deadliest-nations-world/4412/
Gun Violence in U.S. Cities Compared to the Deadliest Nations in the World

New Orleans is like Honduras, Detroit is similar to El Salvador.

"We can't put this off any longer," President Obama implored the nation last week as he introduced 23 executive actions designed to reduce gun violence in America. While the United States has the highest level of gun ownership per capita in the world, its rate of gun homicides, about three per 100,000 people, is far lower than that of Honduras, the country with the world's highest gun homicide rate (roughly 68 gun murders per 100,000 people). But America's homicide rate varies significantly by city and metro area, as I pointed out here at Cities a few weeks ago.

The map below compares the rate of gun murders in American cities to nations around the world. Building upon Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data used in that post, Zara Matheson of the Martin Prosperity Institute compiled additional data from the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime and other sources collated by The Guardian. (While international crime data suffer from significant reporting and comparison issues, homicide data is more reliable. As the Urban Institute's John Roman points out, it is the one type of crime that is "hard to fake" and also most likely to be reported.)

The pattern is staggering. A number of U.S. cities have gun homicide rates in line with the most deadly nations in the world.

If it were a country, New Orleans (with a rate 62.1 gun murders per 100,000 people) would rank second in the world.
Detroit's gun homicide rate (35.9) is just a bit less than El Salvador (39.9).
Baltimore's rate (29.7) is not too far off that of Guatemala (34.8).
Gun murder in Newark (25.4) and Miami (23.7) is comparable to Colombia (27.1).
Washington D.C. (19) has a higher rate of gun homicide than Brazil (18.1).
Atlanta's rate (17.2) is about the same as South Africa (17).
Cleveland (17.4) has a higher rate than the Dominican Republic (16.3).
Gun murder in Buffalo (16.5) is similar to Panama (16.2).
Houston's rate (12.9) is slightly higher than Ecuador's (12.7).
Gun homicide in Chicago (11.6) is similar to Guyana (11.5).
Phoenix's rate (10.6) is slightly higher than Mexico (10).
Los Angeles (9.2) is comparable to the Philippines (8.9).
Boston rate (6.2) is higher than Nicaragua (5.9).
New York, where gun murders have declined to just four per 100,000, is still higher than Argentina (3).
Even the cities with the lowest homicide rates by American standards, like San Jose and Austin, compare to Albania and Cambodia respectively.

Yes, it's true we are comparing American cities to nations. But most of these countries here have relatively small populations, in many cases comparable to large U.S. metros.

The sad reality is that many American cities have rates of gun homicides comparable to the some of the most violent nations in the world.

#51 ·
I care as much for the Arabian peninsula, but there aren't brainwashed ISIS lovers trying to "prove" how right it is what they do, it's just a common sense fact they're wrong (the least to say). Same for Nigeria and Boco Haram, same for the cartels in Colombia, etc.

It's just another BS situation in the World that people are free to expose.

And if the main argument is " what do you care", then you should question yourselves about it at least a lil bit..

And watch the OZ's clip, as i said - it's all in there.

1. Your only argument - we love guns, we want them and that's it.
2. Your main opposition - you're not even American.

I could quote Jefferies word for word, it would make the whole argument (even though it's won in advance, it's just too obvious for any unbiased person in the whole World)

Reactions: Hypnotize
#57 ·
My favorite thing is how Moonball Pusher acted here exactly how Jefferies described, great stuff. Then later on i saw his thread about firearms, which made it perfect, as that's also what Jefferies was talking about, those people just like guns.

And btw, when you have laws that are killing people, rest of the world has every right to complain and point how wrong it is, its not only American concern, those people that are dying are humans after all, before being Americans.

#60 ·
When you look at rate, yes there are many countries with a higher rate than the US. Like Greenland, whose rate is 19.4....with a staggering 11 murders. The US is 110th by rate, which is 4.7. However they are 8th in pure count with 14,827.

And these are numbers in 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Europe on a whole has 22,000 murders, 13,000 of which were in Russia.

It makes sense that larger populated countries have a lower homicide rate than lower populated countries.

#61 ·
When you look at rate, yes there are many countries with a higher rate than the US. Like Greenland, whose rate is 19.4....with a staggering 11 murders. The US is 110th by rate, which is 4.7. However they are 8th in pure count with 14,827.

And these are numbers in 2012.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Europe on a whole has 22,000 murders, 13,000 of which were in Russia.

It makes sense that larger populated countries have a lower homicide rate than lower populated countries.
Why would that make sense? That completely misses the entire point of a rate.

The fact is, there are European countries with higher murder rates and yet there is no outrage. You only care about America.

#85 ·
It's amazing how one little accident gets hijacked and turned into another gun debate. I'm with Captain America (ironbmike) here regarding gun laws. A little kid died. Who cares? The little kiddo shouldn't have even had access to such power to begin with.

#88 ·
Luke 22:35-39

Also Luke 22:49-53, although not as straightforward, but still tells us that weapons were to be drawn on robbers.

#90 ·
The unfortunate mindset is one have to shoot to kill to defense oneself. And I have no delusion that everyone here will understand that.

I only hope that everyone here believing having a gun and killing whoever breached their security will not have to actually do it. You may believe it is effective and right thing to do. But unless you're a psycho, your conscious will pay a price in ending a life, even one who may deserve it.

My friend is a police officer. He is also a veteran. Became a police after his tour of duty. He gunned down a fugutive who carjack a car trying to flee. After many years, it's still hard on him and nobody dared to talk about any police killing around him.

#91 ·
Yeah, it carries a price, nobody wants to do it except psychos/sociopaths. But if it comes down to potentially my life of theirs, I will take theirs. We live in a coddled society but some things are still life and death. That may be hard for you to accept, but at some point you need to come to terms with mortality and the surrounding subjects.

I don't think you would hesitate to take a life if your family, wife, kids, etc were threatened. Or even yourself when it came down to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.