Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Floyd Mayweather

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 3 11.5%

Who is the greatest boxer of all time?

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Firstservingman 
#1 ·
The ageless debate that never gets answered because of how hard it is to determine and compare errors. Based on the options listed who do you vote for?

#3 ·
It is between Joe Louis and Rocky Marciano. Voted Louis.

Also Jack Dempsey deserves a spot on the poll.

#9 ·
Rocky Marciano

#12 ·
There are an awful lot of Tyson fans out there who say that Tyson could have rocked anyone in his prime. They exaggerate of course but there are those around that think that

#11 · (Edited)
I'd have Greb, Pep and Leonard on the list and take off Tyson and Marciano, depending on how man options the poll can have.

Edit: forgot Armstrong. Obviously I must temper my claims by saying there's much less footage of Greb, Johnson and Armstrong so a lot of what I say there is based on reading about them.

#18 ·
Sugar Ray Robinson IMHO.

Among the heavyweights, probably Joe Louis.

Marciano was the only undefeated heavyweight ever, so this is really impressive, but do you watch the movie about his life? He really fought in a weak era. :devil:

Btw, Tyson is very overrated. I think both Lennox Lewis and Evander Holyfield were better than him.

#20 ·
Went with Joe Louis, arguments could be said for some of the others too.

Ali had a tough time with Ken Norton but was 2-1 H2H, Norton broke Ali's jaw and put his mouth out of commission for awhile.
Norton got robbed of at least one decision.

Foreman had a easy time with Norton, knocking him out in the second round.

Foreman knocked out another fighter Ali had a tough time with, Joe Frazier.
Again, knocking him out easily.

Foreman should have beat Ali but had a very poor fight plan, wore himself out and got knocked out. Credit to Ali who took some punishment.

Ali had a strong jaw, it was near impossible to knock him out.
It's not always how much you can give but how much you can take.

#23 ·
Tyson faced Evander when already at the sunset of his career, that was the equivalent of Sampras-Bastl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.