Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilles Simon's Chat Thread #1

203K views 5K replies 138 participants last post by  *Raine 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Does anyone know him ? :confused:
I saw him play in Marseille last week, and even if he lost (but it was vs J.Johansson) I thought he played quite good. So, if you have information about this player...
Maryse

#437 ·
Re: Gilles Simon

Nice fight from Gilles :yeah: Bad luck he couldnt pull off the upset :(

Reactions: Grenouille
#440 ·

Haha that picture is hilarious! I've never seen him smile, he's got this quiet intensity on court.

I'm a ballboy at the Western and Southern Master's and I worked two of the three sets of Gilles's match today. He's my favorite player on the tour, so I made someone let me go on and do two sets. I was cheering for him to myself through the whole match. It was really close. Gilles got lazy in the beginning of the third set, and that's why he lost.

This is going to sound weird, but we definitely had a telepathic moment. He went to me after a point to get his balls and I knew he knew I was saying "Allons-y, tu peux gagner ce match!" in my head. I just know that he knew. I'm such a dork.

Anyway, Gilles looked really good, the match was pretty even. He was being a little safe. He's been my favorite player since the Carlos Moya match in Cincy last year.

Allez Gilles!

#442 ·

Grenouille said:
Could you talk to him in the omcker room or somewhere else?
I just missed him today as he was walking in there. I'm not permitted to go into the locker room, but I did talk to his best friend. He said they went to King's Island earlier today. I would LOVE to meet Gilles.

#445 ·
#447 ·

(8) ROCHUS, Olivier/Bye
(WC) GIMELSTOB, Justin vs. SIMON, Gilles
qualifier vs. qualifier
Bye/(9/WC)MONFILS, Gael
(16) SRICHAPHAN, Paradorn/Bye
ALMAGRO, Nicolas vs. WAWRINKA, Stanislas
CLEMENT, Arnaud vs. SERRA, Florent
Bye/(2) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay

pretty good draw.

#448 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.