Mens Tennis Forums banner

Where are we all from? Plus Where we have been

34K views 559 replies 55 participants last post by  Getta 
#1 · (Edited)
At Choupi's request and also as part of our ongoing learning processes. I have decided that we should pics from where we are from, and if someone has moved around like (some of us) then they can post places where they have or lived now.

This is not one of my own, but it's a good one of the city centre and the big bridge in Tromsø. I will have some more later.

Attachments

See less See more
#204 · (Edited)
Re: Where are we all from?

I currently live in Austin, Texas. It is a lot of fun with great springs and is a fantastic place to live to see live music.

My husband and I moved here from Chicago which we love and may actually move back there in a year or two. Although we really, really like Austin, we have realized that we miss the feel and energy of living in a big city. And Chicago is a city that really has a personality and gets in your soul (sorry to sound so cheesy). Too bad the winters there are so rough.

#207 ·

Vale said:
Thanks to all who posted their pics and comments! :D This cyber-travel is really getting to me!
Yes, I also like it a lot. And there are so many beautiful places on earth :)

#208 ·

Sommarsverige said:
Here are some pics from the lovely town of Barcelona,
I just love this city :hearts:

1. Placa Espanya
2. Sagrada Familia
3. Placa Catalunya
4. La Rambla
5./6. the harbour
Sommars, what gorgeous pix of a gorgeous city... wish I were back there now! thanks! :angel:

#209 ·

Leonandy said:
Thanks Sommar,Barcelona is really a beautiful city.My grandma used to work in there for several years.Nice place!!!

Thanks Stknight!
Great pix!what's the building in the first pix for?It's so awesome!
Oh,that building is awesome.It's still under construction.
I think it's for CCTV which is the most popular TV Channel in China. :D

#210 ·

Beautiful pictures! They're a treat for a travel fan like me. Although I can't travel, I love to see pictures from places all over the world :) The Barcelona ones were amazing! I'm so envious of a cousin of mine who's currently living there :devil: hehe...

#215 ·

I thought it was time to bump this thread a bit...In fact, in the Puerta forum, there's a thread in which we can post pics of doors. So I took some pics of mine, and I took some of the houses I'm living in. Well, houses, because I live in a big house made f 2, a very old one, and a much more recent one. It's a bit complicated, I know, but the pics should help you understand! :)

pic 1: the very old house, typical from the area I'm living in, in terms of architecture...notice that the shutters, on the 1st floor, are missing. I'm actually working on them!

pic 2: the more recent one, typical from the period it's been built, the early 70's!

pic 3: for the fun, a pic of the door of the very old house, with the date of construction above, in the stone.

Attachments

#217 ·

Vale said:
Choupi, thanks for sharing. :D How wonderful to live in a house that's almost a century and a half old, all that history!
You're welcome Vale! I told you I'd take pics. It took some time but better late than never! :rolleyes: Well, if you're interested in seeing more, especially of what makes the house look old -it is indeed!- and part of history, tell me. :) I'd like to share, but as it is sthg private, I wouldn't end up bothering everybody.

#218 ·

Ok Vale, those 2 for you first. Thanks for the PM btw. :) When I take some of the inside of the house, I will email them.

Both pics are from the backyard. I just love the contrast and the association of all those ochre old stones with the green of the plants. :)

Attachments

#219 ·

Choupi said:
Both pics are from the backyard. I just love the contrast and the association of all those ochre old stones with the green of the plants. :)
Thanks, Choupi! :D There's nothing more peaceful-looking than warm sunshine on old stones, and the fresh green touches just make one want to sit there with a book!

#220 ·

Vale said:
Thanks, Choupi! :D There's nothing more peaceful-looking than warm sunshine on old stones, and the fresh green touches just make one want to sit there with a book!
Oh yes Vale! Definitely! :D You understand now why I call this my "little paradise"...It's so quiet! Only the sound of the birds... :)

#221 ·

Oh, Choupi, it's beautiful!!!!!

#222 ·

Lovely pix, Choupi... I like that Puerta "Door" idea... I've always liked doors... I remember this poster of Doors of Dublin ages ago. There are SO many interesting and unique doors in Europe -- well, in France, Italy and Spain that I've seen! ;)

#223 ·

Thanks so much for sharing your photos, Choupi :hug:

It really seems so nice and cosy where you live.

#224 ·

OK! Time to bump this thread again. A couple of days ago, I went to see the fireworks for our National Day Celebrations. Just wanted to share some pix with you here. Hope you enjoy them. It was the 1st time I used my camera on such events. :)

Attachments

#226 · (Edited)

My turn :p

I live in Lausanne, Switzerland. The city is on the Swiss side of the Lake Geneva and is 60km eastern of Geneva. It is the olympic capital and if you come, you'll be able to visit the Olympic Museum which is very interesting.

Now as Joeb did, I think that instead of posting local monuments, here are some pics of around my flat :)

1. My neighbourghood, viewd from the Tower
2. The Olympic Stadium, viewed from the Tower
3. Lausanne's Cathedral, viewd from the Tower
4. Snowy view from my bedroom
5. Sunset viewed from my living room
6. The "Sauvabelin Tower": 150 steps and a view on the entire city! (10 mins from m flat by car)

Enjoy! :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.