Mens Tennis Forums banner

Where are we all from? Plus Where we have been

34K views 559 replies 55 participants last post by  Getta 
#1 · (Edited)
At Choupi's request and also as part of our ongoing learning processes. I have decided that we should pics from where we are from, and if someone has moved around like (some of us) then they can post places where they have or lived now.

This is not one of my own, but it's a good one of the city centre and the big bridge in Tromsø. I will have some more later.

Attachments

See less See more
#104 ·
Re: Where are we all from?

Hola, Hybrid!

Nice pix of Amsterdam... another place I would like to visit.

Sorry, can't find interesting pix of my city... it's so blahhh compared to everyone else's cities/countries but I'm jaded so...

#106 ·

Hola Hybrid, thanks for the cool pics!!! I was in Holland twice and I loved it!!!!!

#107 ·

I've made a promise to post some pics of what our pastry students are able to realize. Well that's the result of my searching through our recent archives.

The 2 first pics have already been posted before but as I really want you to have your mouth water...those are festive times after all! :D

Attachments

#109 ·

Back to work this morning, I've had the time to scan some photos I've taken some time ago...
The first 2 are views of the little village I come from...I've spent 20 years of my life there...*sigh*!
The other 3 were taken during my holidays in the Alps near Avoriaz. It's the Montriond Lake. Look at the colour of the water!!!! :rolleyes:

Attachments

#111 ·

Here some pics of where I live - Amsterdam - a bit belated, though.

Daaaaag, Hybrid! Dus ik ben ook woonachtig in Nederland! ;)

Attachments

#112 ·

These are pics I took of my neighbourhood.

Last pic is taken in a suburb on new year's day when everyone
was out to celebrate a new year with fireworks.

Attachments

#113 ·

And some from Japan where I come from.

Last 2 pics were taken from the web.
Last one: party under the cherry blossoms. I miss it so much!

Attachments

#115 ·

Amsterdam is a place I definitely want to visit. I've always like it... I went to see "Ocean's 12" recently and it shows a lot of Amsterdam, your pictures reminded me of it :)

And I want to go to Japan, too! And take a picture with one of those beautiful cherry blossom trees!

#116 ·

Reiko, loved seeing your pics. Amsterdam must be one of the nicest cities to live in. Years ago, when I worked in the Air France offices in London, I took the opportunity to travel all over the place, but I´ve kept special memories of Amsterdam.
The cat looks just like my Lucía, a stray that adopted us ten years ago and now rules the family!

#117 ·

I love Amsterdam too - it's a big, cosmopolitan city and yet it seems to keep a friendly,intimate atmosphere if that makes sense. In fact, I might even take a day trip back there again if time allows during my up-coming trip to the Rotterdam tournament. And - I loved the cute tabby cat too :) I'd love to see a pic of Lucia too Vale - if you get the chance.

#118 · (Edited)

Rosie, do visit Amsterdam!, though I hope you will be kept busy until the final day in Rotterdam. ;) I think I also will visit the tournament for some days. Even without Gaston, it has such a strong and interesting field.

They did some shooting of "Ocean's 12" in and around Hotel Pulitzer here. The hotel is less than 10 minutes walk from my house and I go to the neighbourhood often enough for shopping, coffee, or eating out. I still have to see the movie to check if I recognize the sites.

I live in the most depressing part of loveliest area in Amsterdam : rolleyes: ; don't know if I'm lucky or unlucky. Anyway, one of the nicest things about living here is that you see cats everywhere! On street, in cafe, in shops - cats enough for me to adore them.

The pic, by the way, is a cat I met in Northern France.

Attachments

#119 ·

Awww Reiko - that cat is a very handsome chap - he looks very proud doesn't he? Isn't it strange how many of Gaston's fans are "cat" people? And here is another pic of my beloved Sasha - just because I love him and I don't need any excuse to let other people see how gorgeous he is!!!!!!

Attachments

#120 ·

reiko said:
Anyway, one of the nicest things about living here is that you see cats everywhere! On street, in cafe, in shops - cats enough for me to adore them.

The pic, by the way, is a cat I met in Northern France.
I think Rosie would love it in Amsterdam. :) ;)

#123 ·

Choupi said:
Well guys don't you think it's time to create some club for Cats' lovers here? :D

And Rosie, I've shown Sasha to Pinky and she meows "hello" at him... :wavey:
Sasha is very macho and pretends not to be impressed by ladies fluttering at him :) - but I'm sure he is secretly very pleased ;)

#124 ·

Rosie said:
Sasha is very macho and pretends not to be impressed by ladies fluttering at him :) - but I'm sure he is secretly very pleased ;)
They're all the same, aren't they? Always flattered but unable to show it...*sigh* Just tell him it was only a simple "hello"... ;)

#126 ·

Good Morning everyone! well, it' s morning here where I am.

Rosie and Reiko :Love the Cat pictures- those are 2 very regal looking cats!

Lee- thanks for adding your link!

and Sigma- I'm sure there are some exciting things in hicksville!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.